The measurement of English and Welsh police force efficiency: A comparison of distance function models
No abstract is available for this item.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Per Andersen & Niels Christian Petersen, 1993. "A Procedure for Ranking Efficient Units in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 39(10), pages 1261-1264, October.
- Ferrier, Gary D. & Lovell, C. A. Knox, 1990. "Measuring cost efficiency in banking : Econometric and linear programming evidence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 229-245.
- Berger, Allen N. & Humphrey, David B., 1997.
"Efficiency of financial institutions: International survey and directions for future research,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 175-212, April.
- Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1997. "Efficiency of financial institutions: international survey and directions for future research," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1997-11, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1997. "Efficiency of Financial Institutions: International Survey and Directions for Future Research," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 97-05, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Leigh Drake & Richard Simper, 2002. "X-efficiency and scale economies in policing: a comparative study using the distribution free approach and DEA," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(15), pages 1859-1870.
- Coelli, Tim & Perelman, Sergio, 1999. "A comparison of parametric and non-parametric distance functions: With application to European railways," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 117(2), pages 326-339, September.
- Cornes,Richard, 1992. "Duality and Modern Economics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521336017, Diciembre.
- Drake, Leigh & Simper, Richard, 2000. "Productivity estimation and the size-efficiency relationship in English and Welsh police forces: An application of data envelopment analysis and multiple discriminant analysis," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 53-73, March.
- Leigh Drake & Richard Simper, 2001. "The Economic Evaluation of Policing Activity: An Application of a Hybrid Methodology," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 173-192, November.
- Drake, Leigh & Weyman-Jones, Thomas G, 1996. "Productive and Allocative Inefficiencies in U.K. Building Societies: A Comparison of Non-parametric and Stochastic Frontier Techniques," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 64(1), pages 22-37, March.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Thanassoulis, Emmanuel, 1995. "Assessing police forces in England and Wales using data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 87(3), pages 641-657, December. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:147:y:2003:i:1:p:165-186. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.