The Role of Physicians in Hospital Production
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Massimiliano Piacenza & Gilberto Turati & Davide Vannoni, 2007. "Hospital Industry Restructuring and Input Substitutability: Evidence from a Sample of Italian Hospitals," CERIS Working Paper 200703, Institute for Economic Research on Firms and Growth - Moncalieri (TO) ITALY -NOW- Research Institute on Sustainable Economic Growth - Moncalieri (TO) ITALY.
- John Cawley & David C. Grabowski & Richard A. Hirth, 2004. "Factor Substitution and Unobserved Factor Quality in Nursing Homes," NBER Working Papers 10465, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daniel Bilodeau & Pierre-Yves Crémieux & Brigitte Jaumard & Pierre Ouellette & Tsévi Vovor, 2004. "Measuring Hospital Performance in the Presence of Quasi-Fixed Inputs: An Analysis of Québec Hospitals," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 21(2), pages 183-199, March.
- Carol Propper & John Van Reenen, 2010.
"Can Pay Regulation Kill? Panel Data Evidence on the Effect of Labor Markets on Hospital Performance,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 118(2), pages 222-273, April.
- Emma Hall & Carol Propper & John Van Reenen, 2007. "Can pay regulation kill? Panel data evidence on the effect of labor markets on hospital performance," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 08/184, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Hall, Emma & Propper, Carol & Van Reenen, John, 2008. "Can pay regulation kill? Panel data evidence on the effect of labor markets on hospital performance," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 3282, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Hall, Emma & Propper, Carol & Van Reenen, John, 2008. "Can Pay Regulation Kill? Panel Data Evidence on the Effect of Labour Markets on Hospital Performance," CEPR Discussion Papers 6643, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Emma Hall & Carol Propper & John Van Reenen, 2008. "Can Pay Regulation Kill? Panel Data Evidence on the Effect of Labor Markets on Hospital Performance," CEP Discussion Papers dp0843, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Emma Hall & Carol Propper & John Van Reenen, 2008. "Can pay regulation kill? Panel data evidence on the effect of labor markets on hospital performance," NBER Working Papers 13776, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Suraratdecha, Chutima & Okunade, Albert A., 2006. "Measuring operational efficiency in a health care system: A case study from Thailand," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 2-23, June.
- Cremieux, Pierre-Yves & Ouellette, Pierre, 2001. "Omitted variable bias and hospital costs," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 271-282, March.
- Carl Hampus Lyttkens, 1999. "Imperatives in Health Care: Implications for Social Welfare and Medical Technology," Nordic Journal of Political Economy, Nordic Journal of Political Economy, vol. 25, pages 95-114.
- Crémieux, Pierre-Yves & Gadbois, Denis & Ouellette, Pierre, 1998. "Une analyse de la performance des CLSC au Québec," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 74(2), pages 157-181, juin.
- Nesson, Erik T. & Robinson, Joshua J., 2015. "An information theory based framework for the measurement of population health," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 17(C), pages 86-103.
- J.L.T. Blank & A.H.Q.M. Merkies, 2004. "Empirical assessment of the economic behaviour of Dutch general hospitals," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(3), pages 265-280.
- Jon Magnussen & Lee Rivers Mobley, 1999. "The Impact of Market Environment on Excess Capacity and the Cost of an Empty Hospital Bed," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(3), pages 383-398.
- Cawley, John & Grabowski, David C. & Hirth, Richard A., 2006. "Factor substitution in nursing homes," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 234-247, March.
- Piacenza, Massimiliano & Turati, Gilberto & Vannoni, Davide, 2010. "Restructuring hospital industry to control public health care expenditure: The role of input substitutability," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 881-890, July.
- Lee, Li Way, 2009. "Living will: Ruminations of an economist," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 25-30, January.
- Nordyke, Robert J., 2002. "Determinants of PHC productivity and resource utilization: a comparison of public and private physicians in Macedonia," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 67-96, April.
- Pedro Barros & Sara Machado, 2010. "Money for nothing?," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 234-255, September.
- Ana Rodríguez-Álvarez & C. A. Knox Lovell, 2004. "Excess capacity and expense preference behaviour in National Health Systems: an application to the Spanish public hospitals," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(2), pages 157-169.
- Allen C. Goodman, 2011. "Health Economics – Methods for a New Field," Chapters,in: International Handbook on Teaching and Learning Economics, chapter 53 Edward Elgar Publishing.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tpr:restat:v:68:y:1986:i:3:p:432-42. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kristin Waites). General contact details of provider: http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.