Input price variation across locations and a generalized measure of cost efficiency
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Subhash C. Ray & Lei Chen & Kankana Mukherjee, 2008. "Input Price Variation Across Locations and a Generalized Measure of Cost Efficiency," Working papers 2008-11, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rajiv Banker & Hsihui Chang & Ram Natarajan, 2007. "Estimating DEA technical and allocative inefficiency using aggregate cost or revenue data," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 115-121, April.
- Tulkens, Henry & Vanden Eeckaut, Philippe, 1995.
"Non-parametric efficiency, progress and regress measures for panel data: Methodological aspects,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 80(3), pages 474-499, February.
- Henry Tulkens & Philippe van den Eeckaut, 1993. "Non Parametric Efficiency, Progress and Regress Measures for Panel Data: Methodological Aspects," CESifo Working Paper Series 38, CESifo Group Munich.
- TULKENS, Henry & VANDEN EECKAUT, Philippe, 1993. "Non-Parametric Efficiency, Progress and Regress Measures for Panel Data : Methodological Aspects," CORE Discussion Papers 1993016, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Tulkens, H. & Vanden Eeckaut, P., 1995. "Non-parametric efficiency, progress and regress measures for panel data: Methodological aspects," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1132, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- E. Grifell-Tatjé & C.A.K. Lovell, 2000. "Cost and productivity," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(1), pages 19-30.
- Fuss,Melvyn A. & Waverman,Leonard, 1992. "Costs and Productivity in Automobile Production," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521341417, August.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Subhash C. Ray & Kankana Mukherjee, 2000. "Decomposition of Cost Competitiveness in U.S. Manufacturing: Some State-by-State Comparisons," Indian Economic Review, Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics, vol. 35(2), pages 133-153, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Subhash C. Ray, 2014. "Branching Efficiency in Indian Banking: An Analysis of a Demand-Constrained Network," Working papers 2014-34, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Portela, Maria Conceição A. Silva & Thanassoulis, Emmanuel, 2014. "Economic efficiency when prices are not fixed: disentangling quantity and price efficiency," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 36-44.
- Hien Thu Pham & Antonio Peyrache, 2015. "Industry Inefficiency Measures: A Unifying Approximation Proposition," CEPA Working Papers Series WP102015, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Ke Wang & Yujiao Xian & Chia-Yen Lee & Yi-Ming Wei & Zhimin Huang, 2017. "On selecting directions for directional distance functions in a non-parametric framework: A review," CEEP-BIT Working Papers 99, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research (CEEP), Beijing Institute of Technology.
- Ray, Subhash, 2016. "Cost efficiency in an Indian bank branch network: A centralized resource allocation model," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 69-81.
- Peyrache, Antonio, 2015. "Cost constrained industry inefficiency," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 247(3), pages 996-1002.
- Silva Portela, Maria Conceição A., 2014.
"Value and quantity data in economic and technical efficiency measurement,"
Elsevier, vol. 124(1), pages 108-112.
- Maria Conceição Portela, 2013. "Value And Quantity Data In Economic And Technical Efficiency Measurement," Working Papers de Economia (Economics Working Papers) 03, Católica Porto Business School, Universidade Católica Portuguesa.
- Leleu, Hervé & Briec, Walter, 2009.
"A DEA estimation of a lower bound for firms' allocative efficiency without information on price data,"
International Journal of Production Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 121(1), pages 203-211, September.
- H. Leleu & W. Briec, 2009. "A DEA Estimation of a Lower Bound for Firms' Allocative Efficiency Without Information on Price Data," Post-Print halshs-00476537, HAL.
- Subhash Ray, 2012. "Productivity Change over Time and the Dynamics of Cost Competitiveness: A Nonparametric Analysis of U.S. Manufacturing Data," Working papers 2012-39, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Peyrache, Antonio & Zago, Angelo, 2016. "Large courts, small justice!," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 42-56.
More about this item
KeywordsCost minimization Data envelopment analysis Heterogeneous technology Location efficiency;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:proeco:v:116:y:2008:i:2:p:208-218. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ijpe .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.