Input price variation across locations and a generalized measure of cost efficiency
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Subhash C. Ray & Lei Chen & Kankana Mukherjee, 2008. "Input Price Variation Across Locations and a Generalized Measure of Cost Efficiency," Working papers 2008-11, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- E. Grifell-Tatjé & C.A.K. Lovell, 2000. "Cost and productivity," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(1), pages 19-30.
- Fuss,Melvyn A. & Waverman,Leonard, 1992. "Costs and Productivity in Automobile Production," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521341417, January.
- Tulkens, Henry & Vanden Eeckaut, Philippe, 1995.
"Non-parametric efficiency, progress and regress measures for panel data: Methodological aspects,"
European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 80(3), pages 474-499, February.
- TULKENS, Henry & VANDEN EECKAUT, Philippe, 1993. "Non-Parametric Efficiency, Progress and Regress Measures for Panel Data : Methodological Aspects," LIDAM Discussion Papers CORE 1993016, UniversitÃ© catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Henry Tulkens & Philippe van den Eeckaut, 1993. "Non Parametric Efficiency, Progress and Regress Measures for Panel Data: Methodological Aspects," CESifo Working Paper Series 38, CESifo.
- Tulkens, H. & Vanden Eeckaut, P., 1995. "Non-parametric efficiency, progress and regress measures for panel data: Methodological aspects," LIDAM Reprints CORE 1132, UniversitÃ© catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Rajiv Banker & Hsihui Chang & Ram Natarajan, 2007. "Estimating DEA technical and allocative inefficiency using aggregate cost or revenue data," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 115-121, April.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Subhash C. Ray & Kankana Mukherjee, 2000. "Decomposition of Cost Competitiveness in U.S. Manufacturing: Some State-by-State Comparisons," Indian Economic Review, Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics, vol. 35(2), pages 133-153, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Subhash C. Ray, 2014. "Branching Efficiency in Indian Banking: An Analysis of a Demand-Constrained Network," Working papers 2014-34, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Ayouba, Kassoum & Boussemart, Jean-Philippe & Lefer, Henri-Bertrand & Leleu, Hervé & Parvulescu, Raluca, 2019.
"A measure of price advantage and its decomposition into output- and input-specific effects,"
European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 276(2), pages 688-698.
- Kassoum Ayouba & Jean-Philippe Boussemart & Henri-Bertrand Lefer & Hervé Leleu & Raluca Parvulescu, 2019. "A measure of price advantage and its decomposition into output- and input-specific effects," Post-Print hal-02095893, HAL.
- Ray, Subhash, 2016. "Cost efficiency in an Indian bank branch network: A centralized resource allocation model," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 69-81.
- Ke Wang & Yujiao Xian & Chia-Yen Lee & Yi-Ming Wei & Zhimin Huang, 2019.
"On selecting directions for directional distance functions in a non-parametric framework: a review,"
Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 278(1), pages 43-76, July.
- Ke Wang & Yujiao Xian & Chia-Yen Lee & Yi-Ming Wei & Zhimin Huang, 2017. "On selecting directions for directional distance functions in a non-parametric framework: A review," CEEP-BIT Working Papers 99, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research (CEEP), Beijing Institute of Technology.
- Peyrache, Antonio, 2015. "Cost constrained industry inefficiency," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 247(3), pages 996-1002.
- Yingying Shao & Gongbing Bi & Feng Yang & Qiong Xia, 2018. "Resource allocation for branch network system with considering heterogeneity based on DEA method," Central European Journal of Operations Research, Springer;Slovak Society for Operations Research;Hungarian Operational Research Society;Czech Society for Operations Research;Österr. Gesellschaft für Operations Research (ÖGOR);Slovenian Society Informatika - Section for Operational Research;Croatian Operational Research Society, vol. 26(4), pages 1005-1025, December.
- Leleu, Hervé & Briec, Walter, 2009.
"A DEA estimation of a lower bound for firms' allocative efficiency without information on price data,"
International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 121(1), pages 203-211, September.
- H. Leleu & W. Briec, 2009. "A DEA Estimation of a Lower Bound for Firms' Allocative Efficiency Without Information on Price Data," Post-Print halshs-00476537, HAL.
- Hampf, Benjamin, 2018. "Cost and environmental efficiency of U.S. electricity generation: Accounting for heterogeneous inputs and transportation costs," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 163(C), pages 932-941.
- Portela, Maria Conceição A. Silva & Thanassoulis, Emmanuel, 2014. "Economic efficiency when prices are not fixed: disentangling quantity and price efficiency," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 36-44.
- Hien Thu Pham & Antonio Peyrache, 2015. "Industry Inefficiency Measures: A Unifying Approximation Proposition," CEPA Working Papers Series WP102015, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Silva Portela, Maria Conceição A., 2014.
"Value and quantity data in economic and technical efficiency measurement,"
Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 124(1), pages 108-112.
- Maria Conceição Portela, 2013. "Value And Quantity Data In Economic And Technical Efficiency Measurement," Working Papers de Economia (Economics Working Papers) 03, Católica Porto Business School, Universidade Católica Portuguesa.
- Subhash Ray, 2012. "Productivity Change over Time and the Dynamics of Cost Competitiveness: A Nonparametric Analysis of U.S. Manufacturing Data," Working papers 2012-39, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Peyrache, Antonio & Zago, Angelo, 2016. "Large courts, small justice!," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 42-56.
- Rashed Khanjani Shiraz & Adel Hatami-Marbini & Ali Emrouznejad & Hirofumi Fukuyama, 2020. "Chance-constrained cost efficiency in data envelopment analysis model with random inputs and outputs," Operational Research, Springer, vol. 20(3), pages 1863-1898, September.
- Hampf, Benjamin & Rødseth, Kenneth Løvold, 2019. "Environmental efficiency measurement with heterogeneous input quality: A nonparametric analysis of U.S. power plants," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 610-625.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Biorn, Erik & Hagen, Terje P. & Iversen, Tor & Magnussen, Jon, 2006.
"Heterogeneity in Hospitals' Responses to a Financial Reform: A Random Coefficient Analysis of The Impact of Activity-Based Financing on Efficiency,"
8169, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Eric, Biørn & Hagen, Terje P. & Iversen, Tor & Magnussen, Jon, 2009. "Heterogenety in hospitals responses to a financial reform: A random coefficient analysis of the impact of activity-based financing on efficiency," HERO Online Working Paper Series 2006:9, University of Oslo, Health Economics Research Programme.
- Alexander Cotte Poveda, 2012. "Estimating Effectiveness of the Control of Violence and Socioeconomic Development in Colombia: An Application of Dynamic Data Envelopment Analysis and Data Panel Approach," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 105(3), pages 343-366, February.
- Banker, Rajiv D. & Chang, Hsihui & Lee, Seok-Young, 2010. "Differential impact of Korean banking system reforms on bank productivity," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(7), pages 1450-1460, July.
- Halkos, George Emm. & Tzeremes, Nickolaos G., 2009. "Exploring the existence of Kuznets curve in countries' environmental efficiency using DEA window analysis," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(7), pages 2168-2176, May.
- Erbetta, Fabrizio & Menozzi, Anna & Corbetta, Guido & Fraquelli, Giovanni, 2013. "Assessing family firm performance using frontier analysis techniques: Evidence from Italian manufacturing industries," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 106-117.
- Biorn, Erik & Hagen, Terje P. & Iversen, Tor & Magnussen, Jon, 2002.
"The Effect of Activity-Based Financing on Hospital Efficiency: A Panel Data Analysis of DEA Efficiency Scores 1992-2000,"
8099, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Biørn, Erik & Hagen, Terje P. & Iversen, Tor & Magnussen, Jon, 2009. "The effect of activity-based financing on hospital efficiency: A panel data analysis of DEA efficiency scores 1992-2000," HERO Online Working Paper Series 2002:8, University of Oslo, Health Economics Research Programme.
- Seifert, Stefan & Cullmann, Astrid & von Hirschhausen, Christian, 2016. "Technical efficiency and CO2 reduction potentials — An analysis of the German electricity and heat generating sector," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 9-19.
- Jesús Pastor & C. Lovell & Henry Tulkens, 2006.
"Evaluating the financial performance of bank branches,"
Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 145(1), pages 321-337, July.
- PASTOR, Jesus & LOVELL, Knox & TULKENS, Henry, 2003. "Evaluating the financial performance of bank branches," LIDAM Discussion Papers CORE 2003094, UniversitÃ© catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- PASTOR, Jesús T. & KNOX LOVELL, C.A. & TULKENS, Henry, 2006. "Evaluating the financial performance of bank branches," LIDAM Reprints CORE 1961, UniversitÃ© catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- PASTOR, Jesús T. & KNOX LOVELL, C.A. & TULKENS, Henry, 2006. "Evaluating the financial performance of bank branches," LIDAM Reprints CORE 2039, UniversitÃ© catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Aziz KUTLAR & Ali KABASAKAL & Adem BABACAN, 2015. "Dynamic Efficiency of Turkish Banks: a DEA Window and Malmquist Index Analysis for the Period of 2003-2012," Sosyoekonomi Journal, Sosyoekonomi Society, issue 23(24).
- De Luca Cardillo, Dorotea & Fortuna, Tiziana, 2000. "A DEA model for the efficiency evaluation of nondominated paths on a road network," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 121(3), pages 549-558, March.
- Shih-Liang Chao & Chun-Wei Lai, 2019. "Comparing the efficiency of alliance members and independent liner carriers: a metafrontier analysis," Maritime Economics & Logistics, Palgrave Macmillan;International Association of Maritime Economists (IAME), vol. 21(2), pages 157-172, June.
- Adler, Nicole & Liebert, Vanessa, 2014. "Joint impact of competition, ownership form and economic regulation on airport performance and pricing," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 92-109.
- Kottas, Angelos T. & Madas, Michael A., 2018. "Comparative efficiency analysis of major international airlines using Data Envelopment Analysis: Exploring effects of alliance membership and other operational efficiency determinants," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 1-17.
- Martinussen, Pal E. & Midttun, Linda, 2004. "Day surgery and hospital efficiency: empirical analysis of Norwegian hospitals, 1999-2001," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 183-196, May.
- Pérez-López, Gemma & Prior, Diego & Zafra-Gómez, José L., 2018. "Temporal scale efficiency in DEA panel data estimations. An application to the solid waste disposal service in Spain," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 18-27.
- Briec, Walter & Liang, Qi Bin, 2011. "On some semilattice structures for production technologies," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 215(3), pages 740-749, December.
- Mandal, Sabuj Kumar, 2010. "Do undesirable output and environmental regulation matter in energy efficiency analysis? Evidence from Indian Cement Industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 6076-6083, October.
- C. Lovell & Shawna Grosskopf & Eduardo Ley & Jesús Pastor & Diego Prior & Philippe Eeckaut, 1994.
"Linear programming approaches to the measurement and analysis of productive efficiency,"
TOP: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 2(2), pages 175-248, December.
- Lovell, C.A.K., 1993. "Linear Programming Approaches to the Measurement and Analysis of Productive Efficiency," Papers 393e, Georgia - College of Business Administration, Department of Economics.
- Iveta Palečková, 2015. "Banking efficiency in the Czech Republic and Slovakia using the DEA Window Analysis," Working Papers 0012, Silesian University, School of Business Administration.
- Dang-Thanh Ngo, 2012.
"Measuring the Performance of the Banking System Case of Vietnam (1990-2010),"
Journal of Applied Finance & Banking, SCIENPRESS Ltd, vol. 2(2), pages 1-10.
- Thanh, Ngo, 2011. "Measuring the Performance of the Banking System: Case of Vietnam (1990-2010)," MPRA Paper 56390, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsCost minimization Data envelopment analysis Heterogeneous technology Location efficiency;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:proeco:v:116:y:2008:i:2:p:208-218. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ijpe .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.