Short and long-run cost efficiency in Indian public bus companies using Data Envelopment Analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Essid, Hédi & Ouellette, Pierre & Vigeant, Stéphane, 2010.
"Measuring efficiency of Tunisian schools in the presence of quasi-fixed inputs: A bootstrap data envelopment analysis approach,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 589-596, August.
- Essid, Hédi & Ouellette, Pierre & Vigeant, Stéphane, 2007. "Measuring efficiency of Tunisian schools in the presence of quasi-fixed inputs: A bootstrap data envelopment analysis approach," MPRA Paper 14415, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2009.
- Essid, Hédi & Ouellette, Pierre & Vigeant, Stéphane, 2007. "Measuring efficiency of Tunisian schools in the presence of quasi-fixed inputs: A bootstrap data envelopment analysis approach," MPRA Paper 14376, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2008.
- Karlaftis, Matthew G., 2004. "A DEA approach for evaluating the efficiency and effectiveness of urban transit systems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 152(2), pages 354-364, January.
- Ouellette, Pierre & Quesnel, Jean-Patrice & Vigeant, Stéphane, 2012. "Measuring returns to scale in DEA models when the firm is regulated," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 220(2), pages 571-576.
- Pierre Ouellette & Valérie Vierstraete, 2010.
"Malmquist indexes with quasi-fixed inputs: an application to school districts in Québec,"
Annals of Operations Research,
Springer, vol. 173(1), pages 57-76, January.
- Pierre Ouellette & Valérie Vierstraete, 2008. "Malmquist indexes with quasi-fixed inputs: An application to school districts in Québec," Cahiers de recherche 08-25, Departement d'Economique de l'École de gestion à l'Université de Sherbrooke.
- Bruno De Borger & Kristiaan Kerstens & Álvaro Costa, 2002. "Public transit performance: What does one learn from frontier studies?," Transport Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(1), pages 1-38, January.
- Barua, Anitesh & Brockett, P. L. & Cooper, W. W. & Deng, Honghui & Parker, Barnett R. & Ruefli, T. W. & Whinston, A., 2004. "DEA evaluations of long- and short-run efficiencies of digital vs. physical product "dot com" companies," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 233-253, December.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Ouellette, Pierre & Vierstraete, Valerie, 2004. "Technological change and efficiency in the presence of quasi-fixed inputs: A DEA application to the hospital sector," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 154(3), pages 755-763, May.
- Daniel Bilodeau & Pierre-Yves Crémieux & Brigitte Jaumard & Pierre Ouellette & Tsévi Vovor, 2004. "Measuring Hospital Performance in the Presence of Quasi-Fixed Inputs: An Analysis of Québec Hospitals," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 21(2), pages 183-199, March.
- Chu, Xuehao & Fielding, Gordon J. & Lamar, Bruce W., 1992. "Measuring transit performance using data envelopment analysis," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 223-230, May.
- Caulfield, Brian & Bailey, Diarmuid & Mullarkey, Shane, 2013. "Using data envelopment analysis as a public transport project appraisal tool," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 74-85.
- Georgiadis, Georgios & Politis, Ioannis & Papaioannou, Panagiotis, 2014. "Measuring and improving the efficiency and effectiveness of bus public transport systems," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 84-91.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- James Odeck & Abdulrahim Alkadi, 2001. "Evaluating efficiency in the Norwegian bus industry using data envelopment analysis," Transportation, Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 211-232, August.
- Barnum, Darold T. & Karlaftis, Matthew G. & Tandon, Sonali, 2011. "Improving the efficiency of metropolitan area transit by joint analysis of its multiple providers," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 47(6), pages 1160-1176.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Di Yao & Liqun Xu & Jinpei Li, 2019. "Evaluating the Performance of Public Transit Systems: A Case Study of Eleven Cities in China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(13), pages 1-21, June.
More about this item
KeywordsDEA; Cost efficiency; Quasi-fixed input; Short-run; Long-run; Public bus companies;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:soceps:v:61:y:2018:i:c:p:29-36. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/seps .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.