Measuring returns to scale in DEA models when the firm is regulated
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Banker, Rajiv D. & Thrall, R. M., 1992. "Estimation of returns to scale using data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 74-84, October.
- Baumol, William J, 1982. "Contestable Markets: An Uprising in the Theory of Industry Structure," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(1), pages 1-15, March.
- Ouellette, Pierre & Vierstraete, Valerie, 2004. "Technological change and efficiency in the presence of quasi-fixed inputs: A DEA application to the hospital sector," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 154(3), pages 755-763, May.
- Pierre Lasserre & Pierre Ouellette, 1994.
"Factor Demands, Cost Functions, and Technology Measurements for Regulated Firms,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 27(1), pages 218-242, February.
- Pierre Lasserre & Pierre Ouellette, 1992. "Factor Demands, Cost Functions, and Technology Measurements for Regulated Firms," Cahiers de recherche du Département des sciences économiques, UQAM 9201, Université du Québec à Montréal, Département des sciences économiques.
- Pierre Ouellette & Stéphane Vigeant, 2001. "On the existence of a regulated production function," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 73(2), pages 193-200, June.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Rajiv D. Banker & Richard C. Morey, 1986. "The Use of Categorical Variables in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(12), pages 1613-1627, December.
- Nadiri, M. Ishaq, 1993. "Producers theory," Handbook of Mathematical Economics, in: K. J. Arrow & M.D. Intriligator (ed.), Handbook of Mathematical Economics, edition 4, volume 2, chapter 10, pages 431-490, Elsevier.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Vigeant, Stéphane, 2016. "From partial derivatives of DEA frontiers to marginal products, marginal rates of substitution, and returns to scaleAuthor-Name: Ouellette, Pierre," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 253(3), pages 880-887.
- Venkatesh, Anand & Kushwaha, Shivam, 2018. "Short and long-run cost efficiency in Indian public bus companies using Data Envelopment Analysis," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 29-36.
More about this item
KeywordsData envelopment analysis; Regulation; Returns to scale; Quasi-fixed inputs;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:220:y:2012:i:2:p:571-576. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.