A measure of price advantage and its decomposition into output- and input-specific effects
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Ayouba, Kassoum & Boussemart, Jean-Philippe & Lefer, Henri-Bertrand & Leleu, Hervé & Parvulescu, Raluca, 2019. "A measure of price advantage and its decomposition into output- and input-specific effects," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 276(2), pages 688-698.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kaoru Tone & Biresh Sahoo, 2006. "Re-examining scale elasticity in DEA," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 145(1), pages 69-87, July.
- Cherchye, Laurens & Kuosmanen, Timo & Post, Thierry, 2002. "Non-parametric production analysis in non-competitive environments," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 80(3), pages 279-294, December.
- Kuosmanen, Timo & Kortelainen, Mika & Sipiläinen, Timo & Cherchye, Laurens, 2010. "Firm and industry level profit efficiency analysis using absolute and uniform shadow prices," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 202(2), pages 584-594, April.
- Ray, Subhash C. & Chen, Lei & Mukherjee, Kankana, 2008.
"Input price variation across locations and a generalized measure of cost efficiency,"
International Journal of Production Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 116(2), pages 208-218, December.
- Subhash C. Ray & Lei Chen & Kankana Mukherjee, 2008. "Input Price Variation Across Locations and a Generalized Measure of Cost Efficiency," Working papers 2008-11, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Aparicio, Juan & Borras, Fernando & Pastor, Jesus T. & Vidal, Fernando, 2015. "Measuring and decomposing firm׳s revenue and cost efficiency: The Russell measures revisited," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 165(C), pages 19-28.
- repec:eee:ejores:v:266:y:2018:i:2:p:716-735 is not listed on IDEAS
- Portela, Maria Conceição A. Silva & Thanassoulis, Emmanuel, 2014. "Economic efficiency when prices are not fixed: disentangling quantity and price efficiency," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 36-44.
- Tim Coelli & Sanzidur Rahman & Colin Thirtle, 2002. "Technical, Allocative, Cost and Scale Efficiencies in Bangladesh Rice Cultivation: A Non-parametric Approach," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(3), pages 607-626.
- Camanho, A.S. & Dyson, R.G., 2008. "A generalisation of the Farrell cost efficiency measure applicable to non-fully competitive settings," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 147-162, February.
- repec:pal:jorsoc:v:57:y:2006:i:11:d:10.1057_palgrave.jors.2602109 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alphonse Singbo & Alfons Oude Lansink & Grigorios Emvalomatis, 2014. "Estimating farmers’ productive and marketing inefficiency: an application to vegetable producers in Benin," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 42(2), pages 157-169, October.
- repec:pal:jorsoc:v:53:y:2002:i:11:d:10.1057_palgrave.jors.2601438 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fare, Rolf & Knox Lovell, C. A., 1978. "Measuring the technical efficiency of production," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 150-162, October.
- Fang, Lei & Li, Hecheng, 2015. "Cost efficiency in data envelopment analysis under the law of one price," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 240(2), pages 488-492.
- B. K. Sahoo & K. Kerstens & K. Tone, 2012. "Returns to growth in a non parametric DEA approach," Post-Print hal-00684430, HAL.
- Ritchie, P. C. & Rowcroft, J. E., 1996. "Choice of metric in the measurement of relative productive efficiency," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 433-439, December.
- Bogetoft, Peter & Fare, Rolf & Obel, Borge, 2006.
"Allocative efficiency of technically inefficient production units,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 168(2), pages 450-462, January.
- Bogetoft, Peter & Fare, Rolf, 1999. "Allocative Efficiency of Technically Inefficient Production Units," Unit of Economics Working Papers 24217, Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Food and Resource Economic Institute.
- Sahoo, Biresh K. & Mehdiloozad, Mahmood & Tone, Kaoru, 2014. "Cost, revenue and profit efficiency measurement in DEA: A directional distance function approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 237(3), pages 921-931.
- Camanho, A. S. & Dyson, R. G., 2005. "Cost efficiency measurement with price uncertainty: a DEA application to bank branch assessments," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 161(2), pages 432-446, March.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Sahoo, Biresh K. & Tone, Kaoru, 2013. "Non-parametric measurement of economies of scale and scope in non-competitive environment with price uncertainty," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 97-111.
- Aparicio, Juan & Borras, Fernando & Pastor, Jesus T. & Vidal, Fernando, 2013. "Accounting for slacks to measure and decompose revenue efficiency in the Spanish Designation of Origin wines with DEA," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 231(2), pages 443-451.
- Chambers, Robert G. & Chung, Yangho & Fare, Rolf, 1996. "Benefit and Distance Functions," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 407-419, August.
- Johnson, Andrew L. & Ruggiero, John, 2011. "Allocative efficiency measurement with endogenous prices," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 111(1), pages 81-83, April.
- repec:pal:jorsoc:v:55:y:2004:i:10:d:10.1057_palgrave.jors.2601750 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsValue efficiency; Allocative efficiency; Technical efficiency; Price advantage; Data analysis envelopment;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:hal-02095893. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.