Defining a new graph inefficiency measure for the Proportional Directional Distance Function and introducing a new Malmquist productivity index
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Shen, Zhiyang & Boussemart, Jean-Philippe & Leleu, Hervé, 2017.
"Aggregate green productivity growth in OECD’s countries,"
International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 189(C), pages 30-39.
- Zhiyang Shen & Jean-Philippe Boussemart & Hervé Leleu, 2015. "Aggregate green productivity growth in OECD’s countries," Working Papers 2016-EQM-03, IESEG School of Management.
- Zhiyang Shen & Jean-Philippe Boussemart & Herve Leleu, 2017. "Aggregate green productivity growth in OECD’s countries," Post-Print hal-01744590, HAL.
- Pastor, Jesus T. & Lovell, C.A. Knox, 2005. "A global Malmquist productivity index," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 266-271, August.
- Ray, Subhash C & Desli, Evangelia, 1997. "Productivity Growth, Technical Progress, and Efficiency Change in Industrialized Countries: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(5), pages 1033-1039, December.
- Du, Juan & Chen, Yao & Huang, Ying, 2018. "A Modified Malmquist-Luenberger Productivity Index: Assessing Environmental Productivity Performance in China," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 269(1), pages 171-187.
- Afriat, Sidney N, 1972. "Efficiency Estimation of Production Function," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 13(3), pages 568-598, October.
- Deshan Li & Rongwei Wu, 2018. "A Dynamic Analysis of Green Productivity Growth for Cities in Xinjiang," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(2), pages 1-1, February.
- Walter Briec & Kristiaan Kerstens & Nicolas Peypoch, 2012.
"Exact Relations Between Four Definitions Of Productivity Indices And Indicators,"
Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 64(2), pages 265-274, April.
- Walter Briec & Kristiaan Kerstens & Nicolas Peypoch, 2009. "Exact Relations between Four De?nitions of Productivity Indices and Indicators," Working Papers 2009-ECO-07, IESEG School of Management.
- C. Lovell, 2003. "The Decomposition of Malmquist Productivity Indexes," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 20(3), pages 437-458, November.
- Pastor, Jesús T. & Asmild, Mette & Lovell, C.A. Knox, 2011. "The biennial Malmquist productivity change index," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 10-15, March.
- Bjurek, Hans, 1996. " The Malmquist Total Factor Productivity Index," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 98(2), pages 303-313, June.
- Jean‐Philippe Boussemart & Walter Briec & Kristiaan Kerstens & Jean‐Christophe Poutineau, 2003.
"Luenberger and Malmquist Productivity Indices: Theoretical Comparisons and Empirical Illustration,"
Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(4), pages 391-405, October.
- Jean-Christophe Poutineau & W. Briec & J.-P. Boussemart & Kristiaan Kerstens, 2003. "Luenberger and Malmquist Productivity Indices: Theoretical Comparisons and Empirical Illustration," Post-Print halshs-00068813, HAL.
- W. Briec, 1997. "A Graph-Type Extension of Farrell Technical Efficiency Measure," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 95-110, March.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- William Cooper & Jesús Pastor & Fernando Borras & Juan Aparicio & Diego Pastor, 2011. "BAM: a bounded adjusted measure of efficiency for use with bounded additive models," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 35(2), pages 85-94, April.
- Walter Briec & Kristiaan Kerstens, 2004. "A Luenberger-Hicks-Moorsteen productivity indicator: its relation to the Hicks-Moorsteen productivity index and the Luenberger productivity indicator," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 23(4), pages 925-939, May.
- Pastor, J. T. & Ruiz, J. L. & Sirvent, I., 1999. "An enhanced DEA Russell graph efficiency measure," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 115(3), pages 596-607, June.
- R. G. Chambers & Y. Chung & R. Färe, 1998. "Profit, Directional Distance Functions, and Nerlovian Efficiency," Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, Springer, vol. 98(2), pages 351-364, August.
- Antonio Peyrache, 2014. "Hicks-Moorsteen versus Malmquist: a connection by means of a radial productivity index," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 41(3), pages 435-442, June.
- Caves, Douglas W & Christensen, Laurits R & Diewert, W Erwin, 1982. "The Economic Theory of Index Numbers and the Measurement of Input, Output, and Productivity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(6), pages 1393-1414, November.
- Bert Balk & Rolf Färe & Shawna Grosskopf & Dimitris Margaritis, 2008. "Exact relations between Luenberger productivity indicators and Malmquist productivity indexes," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 35(1), pages 187-190, April.
- Richard H. Moorsteen, 1961. "On Measuring Productive Potential and Relative Efficiency," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 75(3), pages 451-467.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Chambers, Robert G. & Chung, Yangho & Fare, Rolf, 1996. "Benefit and Distance Functions," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 407-419, August.
- Tone, Kaoru, 2001. "A slacks-based measure of efficiency in data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 130(3), pages 498-509, May.
- Ang, Frederic & Kerstens, Pieter Jan, 2017. "Decomposing the Luenberger–Hicks–Moorsteen Total Factor Productivity indicator: An application to U.S. agriculture," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 260(1), pages 359-375.
More about this item
KeywordsProportional Directional Distance Function; Efficiency Measure; Malmquist productivity index; Data Envelopment Analysis.;
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EFF-2018-10-01 (Efficiency & Productivity)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:qld:uqcepa:126. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (SOE IT). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/decuqau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.