Developing a decomposable measure of profit efficiency using DEA
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Coelli, Tim & Grifell-Tatje, Emili & Perelman, Sergio, 2002.
"Capacity utilisation and profitability: A decomposition of short-run profit efficiency,"
International Journal of Production Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 79(3), pages 261-278, October.
- COELLI, Tim & GRIFELL-TATJE, Emili & PERELMAN, Sergio, 2001. "Capacity utilisation and profitability: a decomposition of short run profit efficiency," CORE Discussion Papers 2001052, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Coelli, Tim & Grifell-Tatje, Emili & Perelman, Sergio, 2002. "Capacity Utilization and Profitability: A Decomposition of Short Run Profit Efficiency," Efficiency Series Papers 2002/01, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- William Cooper & Kyung Park & Jesus Pastor, 1999. "RAM: A Range Adjusted Measure of Inefficiency for Use with Additive Models, and Relations to Other Models and Measures in DEA," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 5-42, February.
- Silva Portela, Maria Conceicao A. & Thanassoulis, Emmanuel, 2005. "Profitability of a sample of Portuguese bank branches and its decomposition into technical and allocative components," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 162(3), pages 850-866, May.
- Bert Balk, 2001. "Scale Efficiency and Productivity Change," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 159-183, May.
- Berger, Allen N. & Hancock, Diana & Humphrey, David B., 1993. "Bank efficiency derived from the profit function," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(2-3), pages 317-347, April.
- Lovell, C A Knox & Sickles, Robin C, 1983. "Testing Efficiency Hypotheses in Joint Production: A Parametric Approach," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 65(1), pages 51-58, February.
- Russell, R. Robert, 1985. "On the Axiomatic Approach to the Measurement of Technical Efficiency," Working Papers 85-33, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Banker, Rajiv D & Maindiratta, Ajay, 1988. "Nonparametric Analysis of Technical and Allocative Efficiencies in Production," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(6), pages 1315-1332, November.
- Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna & Zelenyuk, Valentin, 2002. "Finding Common Ground: Efficiency Indices," MPRA Paper 28004, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jan 2005.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Golany, B. & Seiford, L. & Stutz, J., 1985. "Foundations of data envelopment analysis for Pareto-Koopmans efficient empirical production functions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1-2), pages 91-107.
- Banker, Rajiv D., 1984. "Estimating most productive scale size using data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 35-44, July.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Robert Russell, R., 1985. "Measures of technical efficiency," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 109-126, February.
- Subal C. Kumbhakar, 2001. "Estimation of Profit Functions When Profit Is Not Maximum," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(1), pages 1-19.
- Rolf Färe & Shawna Grosskopf & Hyunok Lee, 1990. "A Nonparametric Approach to Expenditure-Constrained Profit Maximization," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 72(3), pages 574-581.
- Fare, Rolf & Knox Lovell, C. A., 1978. "Measuring the technical efficiency of production," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 150-162, October.
- Chambers, Robert G. & Chung, Yangho & Fare, Rolf, 1996. "Benefit and Distance Functions," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 407-419, August.
- Tone, Kaoru, 2001. "A slacks-based measure of efficiency in data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 130(3), pages 498-509, May.
- Pastor, J. T. & Ruiz, J. L. & Sirvent, I., 1999. "An enhanced DEA Russell graph efficiency measure," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 115(3), pages 596-607, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Juan Aparicio & Jesus T. Pastor & Subhash Ray, 2012. "An Overall Measure of Technical Inefficiency at the Firm and at the Industrial Level: The 'Lost Return on the Dollar' Revisited," Working papers 2012-02, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Lozano, Sebastián & Calzada-Infante, Laura, 2018. "Computing gradient-based stepwise benchmarking paths," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 195-207.
More about this item
Keywordsprofit efficiency; data envelopment analysis; decomposition;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pal:jorsoc:v:58:y:2007:i:4:d:10.1057_palgrave.jors.2602166. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.