Is the New Wine World more efficient? Factors influencing technical efficiency of wine production
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Belotti, Federico & Daidone, Silvio & Ilardi, Giuseppe & Atella, Vincenzo, 2013.
"Stochastic frontier analysis using Stata,"
StataCorp LP, vol. 13(4), pages 1-42.
- Ben-David, Dan & Loewy, Michael B, 1998. "Free Trade, Growth, and Convergence," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 3(2), pages 143-170, June.
- MA Hossain & ND Karunaratne, 2004. "Trade Liberalisation and Technical Efficiency: Evidence from Bangladesh Manufacturing Industries," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(3), pages 87-114.
- Beatrice Conradie & Graham Cookson & Colin Thirtle, 2006. "Efficiency And Farm Size In Western Cape Grape Production: Pooling Small Datasets," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 74(2), pages 334-343, June.
- Barros, Carlos Pestana & Santos, J.C. Gomes, 2007. "Comparing the Productive Efficiency of Cooperatives and Private Enterprises: The Portuguese Wine Industry as a Case Study," Journal of Rural Cooperation, Hebrew University, Center for Agricultural Economic Research, vol. 35(2), pages 1-14.
- Aparicio, Juan & Borras, Fernando & Pastor, Jesus T. & Vidal, Fernando, 2013. "Accounting for slacks to measure and decompose revenue efficiency in the Spanish Designation of Origin wines with DEA," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 231(2), pages 443-451.
- Miller, Stephen M. & Upadhyay, Mukti P., 2000. "The effects of openness, trade orientation, and human capital on total factor productivity," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 399-423, December.
- David H. Romer & Jeffrey A. Frankel, 1999. "Does Trade Cause Growth?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(3), pages 379-399, June.
- Bos, J.W.B. & Economidou, C. & Koetter, M. & Kolari, J.W., 2010. "Do all countries grow alike?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 91(1), pages 113-127, January.
- Alam, Ila M Semenick & Morrison, Andrew R, 2000. "Trade Reform Dynamics and Technical Efficiency: The Peruvian Experience," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 14(2), pages 309-330, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jenifer Piesse & Beatrice Conradie & Colin Thirtle & Nick Vink, 2018. "Efficiency in wine grape production: comparing longâ€ established and newly developed regions of South Africa," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 49(2), pages 203-212, March.
More about this item
KeywordsAgribusiness; Crop Production/Industries; Demand and Price Analysis; Food Consumption/Nutrition/Food Safety; International Relations/Trade; Marketing; Production Economics;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:stagec:183183. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/akiiihu.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.