Human Capital, Gender and Organisation in Transition Agriculture: Measuring and Explaining the Technical Efficiency of Bulgarian and Hungarian Farms
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Alchian, Armen A & Demsetz, Harold, 1972.
"Production , Information Costs, and Economic Organization,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 62(5), pages 777-795, December.
- Armen A. Alchian & Harold Demsetz, 1971. "Production, Information Costs and Economic Organizations," UCLA Economics Working Papers 10A, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Mathijs, Erik & Swinnen, Johan F M, 1998.
"The Economics of Agricultural Decollectivization in East Central Europe and the Former Soviet Union,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 47(1), pages 1-26, October.
- Mathijs, Erik & Swinnen, Johan F.M., 1997. "The Economics Of Agricultural Decollectivization In East Central Europe And The Former Soviet Union," PRG Working Papers 31882, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance.
- D. S. Prasada Rao & Bart van Ark, 2013. "Introduction," Chapters,in: World Economic Performance, chapter 1, pages 1-6 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Deininger, Klaus, 1995. "Collective agricultural production: A solution for transition economies?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(8), pages 1317-1334, August.
- Allen, Douglas W & Lueck, Dean, 1998. "The Nature of the Farm," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 41(2), pages 343-386, October.
- Sotnikov, Sergey, 1998. "Evaluating the Effects of Price and Trade Liberalisation on the Technical Efficiency of Agricultural Production in a Transition Economy: The Case of Russia," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 25(3), pages 412-431.
- Macours, Karen & Swinnen, Johan F. M., 2000.
"Causes of Output Decline in Economic Transition: The Case of Central and Eastern European Agriculture,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 172-206, March.
- Macours, Karen & Swinnen, Johan F.M., 1997. "Causes Of Output Decline In Economic Transition: The Case Of Central And Eastern European Agriculture," PRG Working Papers 31877, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Erik Mathijs & Johan F. M. Swinnen, 2001.
"Production Organization And Efficiency During Transition: An Empirical Analysis Of East German Agriculture,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 83(1), pages 100-107, February.
- Mathijs, Erik & Swinnen, Johan F.M., 1997. "Production Organization And Efficiency During Transition: An Empirical Analysis Of East German Agriculture," PRG Working Papers 31869, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance.
- Pollak, Robert A, 1985. "A Transaction Cost Approach to Families and Households," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 23(2), pages 581-608, June.
- Peter Walkenhorst, 2000. "Foreign Direct Investment, Technological Spillovers and the Agricultural Transition in Central Europe," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(1), pages 61-75.
- Arne Hallam, 1991. "Economies of Size and Scale in Agriculture: An Interpretive Review of Empirical Measurement," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 13(1), pages 155-172.
- Kalirajan, K P, 1990. "On Measuring Economic Efficiency," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 5(1), pages 75-85, January-M.
- Paul Wilson & Dave Hadley & Stephen Ramsden & Ioannis Kaltsas, 1998. "Measuring and Explaining Technical Efficiency in UK Potato Production," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(3), pages 294-305.
- Herdt, R W & Mandac, A M, 1981. "Modern Technology and Economic Efficiency of Philippine Rice Farmers," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 29(2), pages 375-399, January.
- Battese, G E & Coelli, T J, 1995. "A Model for Technical Inefficiency Effects in a Stochastic Frontier Production Function for Panel Data," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 325-332.
- Chavas, Jean-Paul & Aliber, Michael, 1993. "An Analysis Of Economic Efficiency In Agriculture: A Nonparametric Approach," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 1-16, July.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:pocoec:v:13:y:2001:i:2:p:171-187. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/CPCE20 .