Evaluating Effectiveness in Public Provision of Infrastructure and Equipment: The Case of Spanish Municipalities
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:soceps:v:61:y:2018:i:c:p:102-113 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bönisch, Peter & Haug, Peter & Illy, Annette & Schreier, Lukas, 2011. "Municipality Size and Efficiency of Local Public Services: Does Size Matter?," IWH Discussion Papers 18/2011, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
- Francesco Vidoli & Elisa Fusco & Claudio Mazziotta, 2015. "Non-compensability in Composite Indicators: A Robust Directional Frontier Method," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 122(3), pages 635-652, July.
- Yang, Xiaopeng & Zheng, Danheng & Sieminowski, Tammy & Paradi, Joseph C., 2015. "A dynamic benchmarking system for assessing the recovery of inpatients: Evidence from the neurorehabilitation process," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 240(2), pages 582-591.
- repec:pal:jorsoc:v:68:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1057_s41274-016-0168-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Byeong U. Park & LÃ©opold Simar & Valentin Zelenyuk, 2013. "Non-Parametric Approach to Dynamic Time Series Discrete Choice Models," CEPA Working Papers Series WP092013, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Jana Soukopová & Vojtìch Ficek, 2014. "Factors Influencing the Selection of Waste Collection Companies by Municipalities – Are Municipal Decision Effective?," Working Papers 15, Masaryk University, Faculty of Economics and Administration, Department of Public Economics, revised Dec 2014.
- repec:pal:jorsoc:v:55:y:2004:i:12:d:10.1057_palgrave.jors.2601786 is not listed on IDEAS
- Balaguer-Coll, Maria Teresa & Prior, Diego & Tortosa-Ausina, Emili, 2007.
"On the determinants of local government performance: A two-stage nonparametric approach,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 425-451, February.
- Emili Tortosa Ausina & Diego Prior & María Teresa Balaguer-Coll, 2004. "On The Determinants Of Local Government Performance: A Two-Stage Nonparametric Approach," Working Papers. Serie EC 2004-04, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Cuadrado-Ballesteros, Beatriz & García-Sánchez, Isabel-María & Prado-Lorenzo, José-Manuel, 2013. "Effect of modes of public services delivery on the efficiency of local governments: A two-stage approach," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 23-35.
- Laura Carosi & Giovanna Dâ€™Inverno & Letizia Ravagli, 2014. "Global public spending efficiency in Tuscan municipalities," Discussion Papers 2014/175, Dipartimento di Economia e Management (DEM), University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy.
- Cooper, W. W. & Seiford, Lawrence M. & Thanassoulis, Emmanuel & Zanakis, Stelios H., 2004. "DEA and its uses in different countries," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 154(2), pages 337-344, April.
- Brockett, Patrick L. & Cooper, W.W. & Golden, Linda L. & Kumbhakar, Subal C. & Kwinn Jr., Michael J. & Layton, Brian & Parker, Barnett R., 2008. "Estimating elasticities with frontier and other regressions in evaluating two advertising strategies for US Army recruiting," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 1-17, March.
- António Afonso & Ana Venâncio, 2016.
"The relevance of commuting zones for regional spending efficiency,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(10), pages 865-877, February.
- António Afonso & Ana Venâncio, 2013. "The relevance of commuting zones for regional spending efficiency," Working Papers Department of Economics 2013/17, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Jana Soukopova & Eduard Bakoš, 2013. "Environmental protection expenditure: Ex-post evaluation," Working Papers 08, Masaryk University, Faculty of Economics and Administration, Department of Public Economics, revised Apr 2013.
- Aparicio, Juan & Cordero, Jose M. & Pastor, Jesús, 2016. "The determination of the least distance to the strongly efficient frontier in Data Envelopment Analysis oriented models: modelling and computational aspects," MPRA Paper 72630, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cooper, W.W. & Ruiz, José L. & Sirvent, Inmaculada, 2009. "Selecting non-zero weights to evaluate effectiveness of basketball players with DEA," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 195(2), pages 563-574, June.
- repec:eee:jomega:v:71:y:2017:i:c:p:1-10 is not listed on IDEAS
- Avkiran, Necmi K. & Morita, Hiroshi, 2010. "Benchmarking firm performance from a multiple-stakeholder perspective with an application to Chinese banking," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 501-508, December.
- António Afonso & Sónia Fernandes, 2005. "Assessing and Explaining the Relative Efficiency of Local Government: Evidence for Portuguese Municipalities," Working Papers Department of Economics 2005/19, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Rafael Sanchez & Francisca Pacheco, 2014.
"A Longitudinal Parametric Approach to Estimate Local Government Efficiency,"
wp_033, Adolfo Ibáñez University, School of Government.
- Pacheco, Francisca & Sanchez, Rafael & Villena, Mauricio, 2014. "A Longitudinal Parametric Approach to Estimate Local Government Efficiency," MPRA Paper 54918, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Afonso, António & Fernandes, Sónia, 2008. "Assessing and explaining the relative efficiency of local government," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 1946-1979, October.
- Aparicio, Juan & Borras, Fernando & Pastor, Jesus T. & Vidal, Fernando, 2013. "Accounting for slacks to measure and decompose revenue efficiency in the Spanish Designation of Origin wines with DEA," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 231(2), pages 443-451.
- Simona Bigerna & Paolo Polinori, 2013. "Quality of Life in Major Italian Cities: Do Local Governments Cost Efficiency Contribute to Improve Urban Life Style? An Introductory Analysis," ECONOMICS AND POLICY OF ENERGY AND THE ENVIRONMENT, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2013(3), pages 121-144.
More about this item
KeywordsPublic Services Provision; Infrastructure and Equipment; Municipalities; Data Envelopment Analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jproda:v:15:y:2001:i:1:p:41-58. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.