Productivity, efficiency, scale economies and technical change: A new decomposition analysis of TFP applied to the Japanese prefectures
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sbordone, Argia M, 1997.
"Interpreting the Procyclical Productivity of Manufacturing Sectors: External Effects or Labor Hoarding?,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 29(1), pages 26-45, February.
- Argia M. Sbordone, 1994. "Interpreting the procyclical productivity of manufacturing sectors: external effects or labor hoarding?," Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues 94-9, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Martin Neil Baily & Eric J. Bartelsman & John Haltiwanger, 2001.
"Labor Productivity: Structural Change And Cyclical Dynamics,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 83(3), pages 420-433, August.
- Baily, Martin Neil & Bartelsman, Eric J. & Haltiwanger, John, 1995. "Labor productivity: structural change and cyclical dynamics," Serie Research Memoranda 0050, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Martin Neil Baily & Eric J. Bartelsman & John Haltiwanger, 1996. "Labor Productivity: Structural Change and Cyclical Dynamics," NBER Working Papers 5503, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Martin Neil Baily & Eric J. Bartelsman & John Haltiwanger, 1998. "Labor Productivity: Structural Change and Cyclical Dynamics," Working Papers 98-7, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Martin N. Baily & Eric J. Bartelsman & John Haltiwanger, 1996. "Labor productivity: structural change and cyclical dynamics," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 96-10, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
- Sbordone, Argia M., 1996.
"Cyclical productivity in a model of labor hoarding,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 331-361, October.
- Argia M. Sbordone, 1993. "Cyclical productivity in a model of labor hoarding," Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues 93-20, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Bjurek, Hans, 1996. " The Malmquist Total Factor Productivity Index," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 98(2), pages 303-313, June.
- Fare, Rolf & Shawna Grosskopf & Mary Norris & Zhongyang Zhang, 1994. "Productivity Growth, Technical Progress, and Efficiency Change in Industrialized Countries," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(1), pages 66-83, March.
- Susanto Basu, 1996.
"Procyclical Productivity: Increasing Returns or Cyclical Utilization?,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 111(3), pages 719-751.
- Susanto Basu, 1995. "Procyclical Productivity: Increasing Returns or Cyclical Utilization?," NBER Working Papers 5336, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chirinko, Robert S., 1995. "Nonconvexities, labor hoarding, technology shocks, and procyclical productivity a structural econometric analysis," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1-2), pages 61-98.
- Norihiko Yamano & Toru Ohkawara, 2000. "The Regional Allocation of Public Investment: Efficiency or Equity?," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(2), pages 205-229.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mohammad Reza TAVAKOLI BAGHDADABAD & Afsaneh NOORI HOUSHYAR, 2014. "Productivity and Efficiency Evaluation of US Mutual Funds," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 64(2), pages 120-143, March.
- repec:eee:ecmode:v:71:y:2018:i:c:p:34-44 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mizobuchi, Hideyuki, 2011. "The returns to scale effect in labour productivity growth," MPRA Paper 31152, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Epure, Mircea & Kerstens, Kristiaan & Prior, Diego, 2011. "Technology-based total factor productivity and benchmarking: New proposals and an application," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 608-619, December.
- repec:eee:ejores:v:271:y:2018:i:2:p:756-768 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kerstens, Kristiaan & Van de Woestyne, Ignace, 2014.
"Comparing Malmquist and Hicks–Moorsteen productivity indices: Exploring the impact of unbalanced vs. balanced panel data,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 233(3), pages 749-758.
- K. Kerstens & I. Van de Woestyne, 2014. "Comparing Malmquist and Hicks-Moorsteen productivity indices : exploring the impact of unbalanced vs. balanced panel data," Post-Print hal-00907943, HAL.
- Rangkakulnuwat, Poomthan & Wang, H. Holly, 2011. "Productivity growth decomposition with FE-IV approach: Rethinking Thai commercial banks after the financial crisis," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 2579-2588.
- Diewert, W. Erwin & Fox, Kevin J., 2017. "Decomposing productivity indexes into explanatory factors," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 256(1), pages 275-291.
- Voxi Heinrich AMAVILAH, 2016.
"Productivity and Technical Change According to Salter – A note,"
Journal of Economic and Social Thought,
KSP Journals, vol. 3(2), pages 302-307, June.
- Amavilah, Voxi Heinrich, 2015. "Productivity and technical change according to Salter – A note," MPRA Paper 66293, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Makiko Nakano & Shunsuke Managi, 2010. "Productivity Analysis With Co2 Emissions In Japan," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(5), pages 708-718, December.
- Diewert, Erwin & Fox, Kevin J., 2014.
"Decomposing Bjurek Productivity Indexes into Explanatory Factors,"
Economics working papers
erwin_diewert-2014-32, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 30 Jun 2014.
- W. Erwin Diewert & Kevin J. Fox, 2014. "Decomposing Bjurek Productivity Indexes into Explanatory Factors," Discussion Papers 2014-33, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- Walter Briec & Kristiaan Kerstens, 2011.
"The Hicks–Moorsteen Productivity Index Satisfies The Determinateness Axiom,"
University of Manchester, vol. 79(4), pages 765-775, July.
- Walter Briec & Kristiaan Kerstens, 2008. "The Hicks-Moorsteen Productivity Index Satisfies the Determinateness Axiom," Working Papers 2008-ECO-10, IESEG School of Management.
- Walter Briec & K. Kerstens, 2011. "The Hicks-Moorsteen productivity index satisfies the determinateness axiom," Post-Print hal-00656580, HAL.
- repec:kap:jproda:v:48:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s11123-017-0514-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Honma, Satoshi & Hu, Jin-Li, 2009. "Total-factor energy productivity growth of regions in Japan," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(10), pages 3941-3950, October.
- Hideyuki Mizobuchi, 2014. "Returns to scale effect in labour productivity growth," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 42(3), pages 293-304, December.
- C.J. O'Donnell, 2011. "The Sources of Productivity Change in the Manufacturing Sectors of the U.S. Economy," CEPA Working Papers Series WP072011, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Makiko Nakano & Shunsuke Managi, 2012. "Waste generations and efficiency measures in Japan," Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, Springer;Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies - SEEPS, vol. 14(4), pages 327-339, October.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jjieco:v:19:y:2005:i:4:p:617-634. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622903 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.