The Hicks-Moorsteen Productivity Index Satisfies the Determinateness Axiom
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Walter Briec & Kristiaan Kerstens, 2011. "The Hicks–Moorsteen Productivity Index Satisfies The Determinateness Axiom," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 79(4), pages 765-775, July.
- Walter Briec & K. Kerstens, 2011. "The Hicks-Moorsteen productivity index satisfies the determinateness axiom," Post-Print hal-00656580, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- Antonio Estache & Sergio Perelman & Lourdes Trujillo, 2007. "Measuring Quantity-Quality Trade-Offs In Regulation: The Brazilian Freight Railways Case ," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 78(1), pages 1-20, March.
- Bjurek, Hans, 1996. " The Malmquist Total Factor Productivity Index," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 98(2), pages 303-313, June.
- Fare, Rolf, et al, 1997. " Biased Technical Change and the Malmquist Productivity Index," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 99(1), pages 119-127, March.
- Ouellette, Pierre & Vierstraete, Valerie, 2004. "Technological change and efficiency in the presence of quasi-fixed inputs: A DEA application to the hospital sector," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 154(3), pages 755-763, May.
- Fare, Rolf & Knox Lovell, C. A., 1978. "Measuring the technical efficiency of production," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 150-162, October.
- Nemoto, Jiro & Goto, Mika, 2005. "Productivity, efficiency, scale economies and technical change: A new decomposition analysis of TFP applied to the Japanese prefectures," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 617-634, December.
- Walter Briec & Kristiaan Kerstens, 2004. "A Luenberger-Hicks-Moorsteen productivity indicator: its relation to the Hicks-Moorsteen productivity index and the Luenberger productivity indicator," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 23(4), pages 925-939, May.
- Robert G. Chambers, 2002. "Exact nonradial input, output, and productivity measurement," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 20(4), pages 751-765.
- Samuelson, Paul A & Swamy, S, 1974. "Invariant Economic Index Numbers and Canonical Duality: Survey and Synthesis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(4), pages 566-593, September.
- Jiro Nemoto & Mika Goto, 2005. "Productivity, Efficiency, Scale Economies and Technical Change: A New Decomposition Analysis," NBER Working Papers 11373, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna & Roos, Pontus, 1996. "On two definitions of productivity," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 269-274, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Diogo Cunha Ferreira & Rui Cunha Marques, 2016. "Malmquist and Hicks–Moorsteen Productivity Indexes for Clusters Performance Evaluation," International Journal of Information Technology & Decision Making (IJITDM), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 15(05), pages 1015-1053, September.
- Kerstens, Kristiaan & Van de Woestyne, Ignace, 2014.
"Comparing Malmquist and Hicks–Moorsteen productivity indices: Exploring the impact of unbalanced vs. balanced panel data,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 233(3), pages 749-758.
- K. Kerstens & I. Van de Woestyne, 2014. "Comparing Malmquist and Hicks-Moorsteen productivity indices : exploring the impact of unbalanced vs. balanced panel data," Post-Print hal-00907943, HAL.
- Diewert, W. Erwin & Fox, Kevin J., 2017. "Decomposing productivity indexes into explanatory factors," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 256(1), pages 275-291.
- Diewert, Erwin & Fox, Kevin J., 2014.
"Decomposing Bjurek Productivity Indexes into Explanatory Factors,"
Economics working papers
erwin_diewert-2014-32, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 30 Jun 2014.
- W. Erwin Diewert & Kevin J. Fox, 2014. "Decomposing Bjurek Productivity Indexes into Explanatory Factors," Discussion Papers 2014-33, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- Andrew Maredza and Sylvanus Ikhide, 2013. "The Impact of the Global Financial Crisis on Efficiency and Productivity of the Banking System in South Africa," Working Papers 328, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Enrique Gilles & Javier Deaza & Alejandro Vivas, 2016. "Productivity measurements for three countries of the Pacific Alliance and South Korea, 2008-2012," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO EAN 015236, UNIVERSIDAD EAN.
- Briec, Walter & Dumas, Audrey & Stenger, Agathe, 2013. "On the standard achievement and well-being indexes and their relation to the Hicks–Moorsteen productivity index," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 900-909.
- C.J. O'Donnell, 2011. "The Sources of Productivity Change in the Manufacturing Sectors of the U.S. Economy," CEPA Working Papers Series WP072011, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
More about this item
KeywordsMalmquist productivity index; Hicks-Moorsteen productivity index; determinateness;
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ies:wpaper:e200810. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Monika Marin). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iesegfr.html .