A cost Malmquist productivity index capturing group performance
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ray, Subhash C & Desli, Evangelia, 1997. "Productivity Growth, Technical Progress, and Efficiency Change in Industrialized Countries: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(5), pages 1033-1039, December.
- Emmanuel Thanassoulis & Maria Da Conceicao & A. Silva Portela, 2002. "School Outcomes: Sharing the Responsibility Between Pupil and School1," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(2), pages 183-207.
- Nikolaos Maniadakis & Emmanuel Thanassoulis, 2000. "Assessing productivity changes in UK hospitals reflecting technology and input prices," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(12), pages 1575-1589.
- A. Camanho & R. Dyson, 2006. "Data envelopment analysis and Malmquist indices for measuring group performance," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 26(1), pages 35-49, August.
- Tone, Kaoru & Tsutsui, Miki, 2007. "Decomposition of cost efficiency and its application to Japanese-US electric utility comparisons," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 91-106, June.
- Christopher O’Donnell & D. Rao & George Battese, 2008. "Metafrontier frameworks for the study of firm-level efficiencies and technology ratios," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 34(2), pages 231-255, March.
- Silva Portela, Maria Conceicao A. & Thanassoulis, Emmanuel, 2001. "Decomposing school and school-type efficiency," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 132(2), pages 357-373, July.
- Maria Portela & Emmanuel Thanassoulis, 2006. "Malmquist Indexes Using a Geometric Distance Function (GDF). Application to a Sample of Portuguese Bank Branches," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 25(1), pages 25-41, April.
- Portela, Maria Conceição A. Silva & Thanassoulis, Emmanuel, 2014. "Economic efficiency when prices are not fixed: disentangling quantity and price efficiency," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 36-44.
- George Battese & D. Rao & Christopher O'Donnell, 2004. "A Metafrontier Production Function for Estimation of Technical Efficiencies and Technology Gaps for Firms Operating Under Different Technologies," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 91-103, January.
- Caves, Douglas W & Christensen, Laurits R & Diewert, W Erwin, 1982. "The Economic Theory of Index Numbers and the Measurement of Input, Output, and Productivity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(6), pages 1393-1414, November.
- Haney, A.B. & Pollitt, M.G., 2012.
"International benchmarking of Electricity Transmission by Regulators: Theory and Practice,"
Cambridge Working Papers in Economics
1254, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Aoife Brophy Haney & Michael G. Pollitt, 2012. "International Benchmarking of Electricity Transmission by Regulators: Theory and Practice," Working Papers EPRG 1226, Energy Policy Research Group, Cambridge Judge Business School, University of Cambridge.
- Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna, 1992. "Malmquist Productivity Indexes and Fisher Ideal Indexes," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 102(410), pages 158-160, January.
- Johnes, Jill, 2006. "Measuring teaching efficiency in higher education: An application of data envelopment analysis to economics graduates from UK Universities 1993," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 174(1), pages 443-456, October.
- Camanho, A.S. & Dyson, R.G., 2008. "A generalisation of the Farrell cost efficiency measure applicable to non-fully competitive settings," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 147-162, February.
- Brennan, Shae & Haelermans, Carla & Ruggiero, John, 2014. "Nonparametric estimation of education productivity incorporating nondiscretionary inputs with an application to Dutch schools," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 234(3), pages 809-818.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Walheer, Barnabé, 2018. "Disaggregation of the cost Malmquist productivity index with joint and output-specific inputs," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 1-12.
- Matthias Klumpp, 2018. "How to Achieve Supply Chain Sustainability Efficiently? Taming the Triple Bottom Line Split Business Cycle," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(2), pages 1-23, February.
- Aparicio, Juan & Santin, Daniel, 2018.
"A note on measuring group performance over time with pseudo-panels,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 267(1), pages 227-235.
- Aparicio, Juan & Santín, Daniel, 2017. "A note on measuring group performance over time with pseudo-panels," MPRA Paper 79063, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Casu, Barbara & Ferrari, Alessandra & Girardone, Claudia & Wilson, John O.S., 2016.
"Integration, productivity and technological spillovers: Evidence for eurozone banking industries,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 255(3), pages 971-983.
- Barbara Casu & Alessandra Ferrari & Claudia Girardone & John O.S. Wilson, 2014. "Integration, Productivity and Technological Spillovers: Evidence for Eurozone Banking Industries," Economics & Management Discussion Papers em-dp2014-01, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Aparicio, Juan & Crespo-Cebada, Eva & Pedraja-Chaparro, Francisco & Santín, Daniel, 2017. "Comparing school ownership performance using a pseudo-panel database: A Malmquist-type index approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 256(2), pages 533-542.
- Barnabé Walheer, 2018. "Cost Malmquist productivity index: an output-specific approach for group comparison," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 49(1), pages 79-94, February.
- Afsharian, Mohsen & Ahn, Heinz & Harms, Sören Guntram, 2019. "Performance comparison of management groups under centralised management," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 278(3), pages 845-854.
- Balk, B.M. & Zofío, J.L., 2018. "The Many Decompositions of Total Factor Productivity Change," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2018-003-LIS, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Delimiro Visbal-Cadavid & Mónica Martínez-Gómez & Francisco Guijarro, 2017. "Assessing the Efficiency of Public Universities through DEA. A Case Study," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(8), pages 1-19, August.
- Kwaku Ohene-Asare & Jones Kofi Anyimadu Asare & Charles Turkson, 2019. "Dynamic cost productivity and economies of scale of Ghanaian insurers," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 44(1), pages 148-177, January.
- Matthias Klumpp, 2017. "Do Forwarders Improve Sustainability Efficiency? Evidence from a European DEA Malmquist Index Calculation," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(5), pages 1-33, May.
- Polcyn, Jan, 2017.
"Edukacja jako dobro publiczne - próba kwantyfikacji
[Education as a public good – an attempt at quantification]," MPRA Paper 76606, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2017.
More about this item
KeywordsData envelopment analysis; Malmquist index; Productivity; Cost efficiency;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:241:y:2015:i:3:p:796-805. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.