Metafrontier frameworks for the study of firm-level efficiencies and technology ratios
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- C. J. O'Donnell & W. E. Griffiths, 2006.
"Estimating State-Contingent Production Frontiers,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 88(1), pages 249-266.
- Chris O'Donnell & W.E. Griffiths, 2004. "Estimating State-Contingent Production Frontiers," CEPA Working Papers Series WP022004, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- C.J. O'Donnell & W.E. Griffiths, 2004. "Estimating State-Contingent Production Frontiers," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 911, The University of Melbourne.
- Hayami, Yujiro & Ruttan, Vernon W, 1970.
"Agricultural Productivity Differences Among Countries,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(5), pages 895-911, December.
- Hayami, Yujiro & Ruttan, V.W., 1971. "Agricultural Productivity Differences Among Countries," Conference Papers 260195, Indian Society of Agricultural Economics.
- Knox Lovell, C. A. & Pastor, Jesus T., 1997. "Target setting: An application to a bank branch network," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 290-299, April.
- Luenberger, David G., 1992. "Benefit functions and duality," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 461-481.
- Bénédicte Vidaillet & V. d'Estaintot & P. Abécassis, 2005. "Introduction," Post-Print hal-00287137, HAL.
- Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna & Noh, Dong-Woon & Weber, William, 2005. "Characteristics of a polluting technology: theory and practice," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 126(2), pages 469-492, June.
- Luis Orea & Subal C. Kumbhakar, 2004. "Efficiency measurement using a latent class stochastic frontier model," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 29(1), pages 169-183, January.
- Chambers, Robert G. & Chung, Yangho & Fare, Rolf, 1996. "Benefit and Distance Functions," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 407-419, August.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Orea, Luis, 2019. "The Econometric Measurement of Firms’ Efficiency," Efficiency Series Papers 2019/02, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- Bellenger, Moriah J. & Herlihy, Alan T., 2009. "An economic approach to environmental indices," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(8-9), pages 2216-2223, June.
- Badau, Flavius & Färe, Rolf & Gopinath, Munisamy, 2016. "Global resilience to climate change: Examining global economic and environmental performance resulting from a global carbon dioxide market," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 46-64.
- Kuosmanen, Timo & Johnson, Andrew, 2017. "Modeling joint production of multiple outputs in StoNED: Directional distance function approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 262(2), pages 792-801.
- Tovar, Beatriz & Wall, Alan, 2015. "Can ports increase traffic while reducing inputs? Technical efficiency of Spanish Port Authorities using a directional distance function approach," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 128-140.
- H Fukuyama & W L Weber, 2009. "Estimating indirect allocative inefficiency and productivity change," Journal of the Operational Research Society, Palgrave Macmillan;The OR Society, vol. 60(11), pages 1594-1608, November.
- Färe, Rolf & Pasurka, Carl & Vardanyan, Michael, 2017.
"On endogenizing direction vectors in parametric directional distance function-based models,"
European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 262(1), pages 361-369.
- Rolf Färe & Carl Pasurka & Michael Vardanyan, 2017. "On endogenizing direction vectors in parametric directional distance function-based models," Post-Print hal-01744614, HAL.
- Sauer, Johannes & Davidova, Sophia & Gorton, Matthew, 2012.
"Land fragmentation, market integration and farm efficiency: empirical evidence from Kosovo,"
86th Annual Conference, April 16-18, 2012, Warwick University, Coventry, UK
134968, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Sauer, Johannes & Davidova, Sophia & Gorton, Matthew, 2012. "Land Fragmentation, Market Integration and Farm Efficiency: Empirical Evidence from Kosovo," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 123236, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Kumar Mandal, Sabuj & Madheswaran, S., 2010.
"Environmental efficiency of the Indian cement industry: An interstate analysis,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 1108-1118, February.
- Sabuj Kumar Mandal & S Madheswaran, 2009. "Environmental Efficiency of the Indian Cement Industry: An Interstate Analysis," Working Papers 227, Institute for Social and Economic Change, Bangalore.
- Zelenyuk, Valentin, 2013.
"A scale elasticity measure for directional distance function and its dual: Theory and DEA estimation,"
European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 228(3), pages 592-600.
- Valentin Zelenyuk, 2012. "A Scale Elasticity Measure for Directional Distance Function and its Dual: Theory and DEA Estimation," CEPA Working Papers Series WP072012, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Paolo Guarda & Abdelaziz Rouabah & Michael Vardanyan, 2013. "Identifying bank outputs and inputs with a directional technology distance function," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 40(2), pages 185-195, October.
- Deng, Zhongqi & Jiang, Nan & Pang, Ruizhi, 2021.
"Factor-analysis-based directional distance function: The case of New Zealand hospitals,"
Omega, Elsevier, vol. 98(C).
- Nan Jiang & Zhongqi Deng & Ruizhi Pang, 2019. "Factor-Analysis-Based Directional Distance Function: The case of New Zealand hospitals," Working Papers 2019-01, Auckland University of Technology, Department of Economics.
- Beatriz Tovar & Alan Wall, 2017. "Dynamic Cost Efficiency in Port Infrastructure Using a Directional Distance Function: Accounting for the Adjustment of Quasi-Fixed Inputs Over Time," Transportation Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(1), pages 296-304, February.
- Carlos Pestana Barros & Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Luis A. Gil-Alana, 2007. "Identification of Segments of European Banks with a Latent Class Frontier Model," CESifo Working Paper Series 2110, CESifo.
- Sauer, J. & Davidova, S. & Gorton, M., 2013.
"Land Fragmentation and Market Integration- Heterogenous Technologies in Kosovo,"
Proceedings “Schriften der Gesellschaft für Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaften des Landbaues e.V.”, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA), vol. 48, March.
- Sauer, Johannes & Davidova, Sophia & Gorton, Matthew, 2012. "Land Fragmentation and Market Integration - Heterogeneous Technologies in Kosovo," 52nd Annual Conference, Stuttgart, Germany, September 26-28, 2012 137385, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Fukuyama, Hirofumi & Weber, William L., 2009. "A directional slacks-based measure of technical inefficiency," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 43(4), pages 274-287, December.
- Park, Kang H. & Weber, William L., 2006. "A note on efficiency and productivity growth in the Korean Banking Industry, 1992-2002," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(8), pages 2371-2386, August.
- Ferrier, Gary D. & Johnson, Andrew L. & Layer, Kevin & Sickles, Robin C., 2018. "Direction Selection in Stochastic Directional Distance Functions," Working Papers 18-010, Rice University, Department of Economics.
- Koutsomanoli-Filippaki, Anastasia & Mamatzakis, Emmanuel, 2009.
"Performance and Merton-type default risk of listed banks in the EU: A panel VAR approach,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(11), pages 2050-2061, November.
- Anastasia Koutsomanoli-Filippaki & Emmanuel Mamatzakis, 2009. "Performance and Merton-Type Default Risk of Listed Banks in EU: a panel VAR approach," Discussion Paper Series 2009_09, Department of Economics, University of Macedonia, revised Apr 2009.
- Bokusheva, Raushan & Kumbhakar, Subal C., 2014. "A Distance Function Model with Good and Bad Outputs," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 182765, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
More about this item
KeywordsStochastic frontier analysis; Data envelopment analysis; Technical efficiency;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:empeco:v:34:y:2008:i:2:p:231-255. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Sonal Shukla or Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.