Crime Exposure and Educational Outcomes in Mexico
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jeffrey Grogger, 1997. "Local Violence and Educational Attainment," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 32(4), pages 659-682.
- Shemyakina, Olga, 2011.
"The effect of armed conflict on accumulation of schooling: Results from Tajikistan,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, pages 186-200.
- Olga Shemyakina, 2006. "The Effect of Armed Conflict on Accumulation of Schooling: Results from Tajikistan," HiCN Working Papers 12, Households in Conflict Network.
- Panu Poutvaara & Olli Ropponen, 2010. "School Shootings and Student Performance," CESifo Working Paper Series 3114, CESifo Group Munich.
- Maren M. Michaelsen, 2012.
"Mental Health and Labour Supply: Evidence from Mexico’s Ongoing Violent Conflicts,"
HiCN Working Papers
117, Households in Conflict Network.
- Michaelsen, Maren M., 2012. "Mental Health and Labour Supply – Evidence from Mexico's Ongoing Violent Conflicts," Ruhr Economic Papers 378, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Enamorado, Ted & López-Calva, Luis F. & Rodríguez-Castelán, Carlos, 2014.
"Crime and growth convergence: Evidence from Mexico,"
Elsevier, pages 9-13.
- Enamorado, Ted & Lopez-Calva, Luis F. & Rodriguez-Castelan, Carlos, 2013. "Crime and growth convergence : evidence from Mexico," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6730, The World Bank.
- Jeff Grogger, 1997. "Local Violence, Educational Attainment, and Teacher Pay," NBER Working Papers 6003, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Patricia Justino & Marinella Leone & Paola Salardi, 2014. "Short- and Long-Term Impact of Violence on Education: The Case of Timor Leste," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 28(2), pages 320-353.
- Behrman, Jere R & Sengupta, Piyali & Todd, Petra, 2005. "Progressing through PROGRESA: An Impact Assessment of a School Subsidy Experiment in Rural Mexico," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 54(1), pages 237-275, October.
- Beland, Louis-Philippe & Kim, Dongwoo, 2014.
"The Effect of High School Shootings on Schools and Student Performance,"
CLSSRN working papers
clsrn_admin-2014-27, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 16 Jun 2014.
- Louis-Philippe Beland & Dongwoo Kim, 2015. "The Effect of High School Shootings on Schools and Student Performance," Departmental Working Papers 2015-05, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University.
- Chamarbagwala, Rubiana & Morán, Hilcías E., 2011. "The human capital consequences of civil war: Evidence from Guatemala," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, pages 41-61.
- Abouk, Rahi & Adams, Scott, 2013. "School shootings and private school enrollment," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 118(2), pages 297-299.
- Carlo Alcaraz & Daniel Chiquiar & María José Orraca & Alejandrina Salcedo, 2012. "The Effect of Publicly Provided Health Insurance on Academic Performance in Mexico," Working Papers 2012-10, Banco de México.
- Juan Camilo Castillo, Daniel Mejia, and Pascual Restrepo, 2014. "Scarcity without Leviathan: The Violent Effects of Cocaine Supply Shortages in the Mexican Drug War - Working Paper 356," Working Papers 356, Center for Global Development.
- Ani Rudra Silwal & Andy McKay, 2015.
"The Impact of Cooking with Firewood on Respiratory Health: Evidence from Indonesia,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 51(12), pages 1619-1633, December.
- Ani Rudra Silwal & Andy McKay, 2014. "The Impact of Cooking with Firewood on Respiratory Health: Evidence from Indonesia," Working Paper Series 7214, Department of Economics, University of Sussex.
- Chamarbagwala, Rubiana & Morán, Hilcías E., 2011.
"The human capital consequences of civil war: Evidence from Guatemala,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, pages 41-61.
- Rubiana Chamarbagwala & Hilcías E. Morán, 2009. "The Human Capital Consequences of Civil War: Evidence from Guatemala," HiCN Working Papers 59, Households in Conflict Network.
- Philip Keefer & Norman Loayza, 2010. "Innocent Bystanders : Developing Countries and the War on Drugs," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2420.
- PatrickSharkey & Amy Ellen Schwartz & Ingrid Gould Ellen & Johanna Lacoe, 2013. "High stakes in the classroom, high stakes on the street: The effects of community violence on studentsâ€™ standardized test performance," Working Paper 9313, USC Lusk Center for Real Estate.
- Francisco Cabrera-Hernandez, 2015. "Does lengthening the school day increase students’ academic achievement? Evidence from a natural experiment," Working Paper Series 7415, Department of Economics, University of Sussex.
- Ding, Weili & Lehrer, Steven F. & Rosenquist, J.Niels & Audrain-McGovern, Janet, 2009. "The impact of poor health on academic performance: New evidence using genetic markers," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 578-597, May.
- repec:idb:brikps:77778 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsCrime; Academic performance; Grade failure; Homicide; Mexico;
- I25 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Education and Economic Development
- O12 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Microeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O54 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Latin America; Caribbean
- H49 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Other
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2015-06-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2015-06-13 (Education)
- NEP-URE-2015-06-13 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sus:susewp:7715. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Russell Eke). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ecsusuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.