Crime Exposure and Educational Outcomes in Mexico. (Violencia y desempeño académico en México)
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Shemyakina, Olga, 2011.
"The effect of armed conflict on accumulation of schooling: Results from Tajikistan,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 95(2), pages 186-200, July.
- Olga Shemyakina, 2006. "The Effect of Armed Conflict on Accumulation of Schooling: Results from Tajikistan," HiCN Working Papers 12, Households in Conflict Network.
- Joana Monteiro & Rudi Rocha, 2017.
"Drug Battles and School Achievement: Evidence from Rio de Janeiro's Favelas,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 99(2), pages 213-228, May.
- Monteiro, Joana & Rocha, Rudi, 2013. "Drug battles and school achievement: evidence from Rio de Janeiro's favelas," Research Department working papers 250, CAF Development Bank Of Latinamerica.
- Jeff Grogger, 1997. "Local Violence, Educational Attainment, and Teacher Pay," NBER Working Papers 6003, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Enamorado, Ted & López-Calva, Luis F. & Rodríguez-Castelán, Carlos, 2014.
"Crime and growth convergence: Evidence from Mexico,"
Elsevier, vol. 125(1), pages 9-13.
- Enamorado, Ted & Lopez-Calva, Luis F. & Rodriguez-Castelan, Carlos, 2013. "Crime and growth convergence : evidence from Mexico," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6730, The World Bank.
- Angelica Duran-Martinez, 2015. "To Kill and Tell? State Power, Criminal Competition, and Drug Violence," Journal of Conflict Resolution, Peace Science Society (International), vol. 59(8), pages 1377-1402, December.
- repec:eee:deveco:v:127:y:2017:i:c:p:1-12 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ding, Weili & Lehrer, Steven F. & Rosenquist, J.Niels & Audrain-McGovern, Janet, 2009. "The impact of poor health on academic performance: New evidence using genetic markers," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 578-597, May.
- Jeffrey Grogger, 1997. "Local Violence and Educational Attainment," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 32(4), pages 659-682.
- Melissa Dell, 2015. "Trafficking Networks and the Mexican Drug War," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 105(6), pages 1738-1779, June.
- repec:spr:izamig:v:7:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1186_s40176-017-0102-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Patricia Justino & Marinella Leone & Paola Salardi, 2014. "Short- and Long-Term Impact of Violence on Education: The Case of Timor Leste," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 28(2), pages 320-353.
- World Bank, 2014. "World Development Indicators 2014," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 18237.
- Chamarbagwala, Rubiana & Morán, Hilcías E., 2011.
"The human capital consequences of civil war: Evidence from Guatemala,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 94(1), pages 41-61, January.
- Rubiana Chamarbagwala & Hilcías E. Morán, 2009. "The Human Capital Consequences of Civil War: Evidence from Guatemala," HiCN Working Papers 59, Households in Conflict Network.
- Abouk, Rahi & Adams, Scott, 2013. "School shootings and private school enrollment," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 118(2), pages 297-299.
- Juan Camilo Castillo, Daniel Mejia, and Pascual Restrepo, 2014. "Scarcity without Leviathan: The Violent Effects of Cocaine Supply Shortages in the Mexican Drug War - Working Paper 356," Working Papers 356, Center for Global Development.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:107:y:2013:i:03:p:397-417_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:poleco:v:51:y:2018:i:c:p:93-106 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsCrime; Academic Performance; Homicides; Mexico;
- I25 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Education and Economic Development
- O12 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Microeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O54 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Latin America; Caribbean
- H49 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Other
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ere:journl:v:xxxvii:y:2018:i:2:p:177-212. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dora María Vega Facio). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/feualmx.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.