Microcredit and Women’s Empowerment: Through the Lens of Time Use Data from Rural India
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Garikipati, Supriya, 2008. "The Impact of Lending to Women on Household Vulnerability and Women's Empowerment: Evidence from India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 2620-2642, December.
- Mueller, Eva, 1984. "The value and allocation of time in rural Botswana," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1-3), pages 329-360.
- Berger, Marguerite, 1989. "Giving women credit: The strengths and limitations of credit as a tool for alleviating poverty," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 17(7), pages 1017-1032, July.
- Ranjula Bali Swain & Fan Yang Wallentin, 2009.
"Does microfinance empower women? Evidence from self-help groups in India,"
International Review of Applied Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(5), pages 541-556.
- Bali Swain, Ranjula & Wallentin, Fan Yang, 2007. "DOES MICROFINANCE EMPOWER WOMEN? Evidence from Self Help Groups in India," Working Paper Series 2007:24, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Supriya Garikipati, 2008. "Agricultural wage work, seasonal migration and the widening gender gap: evidence from a semi-arid region of Andhra Pradesh," The European Journal of Development Research, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 20(4), pages 629-648.
- Fafchamps, Marcel & Quisumbing, Agnes R., 1999. "Social roles, human capital, and the intrahousehold division of labor," FCND discussion papers 73, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- von Braun, Joachim & Webb, Patrick J R, 1989. "The Impact of New Crop Technology on the Agricultural Division of Labor in a West African Setting," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 37(3), pages 513-534, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Supriya Garikipati & Susan Johnson & Isabelle Guérin & Ariane Szafarz, 2017.
"Microfinance and Gender: Issues, Challenges and The Road Ahead,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 53(5), pages 641-648, May.
- Supriya Garikipati & Isabelle Guérin & Susan S.J. Johnson & Ariane Szafarz, 2016. "Microfinance and Gender: Issues, Challenges and the Road Ahead," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/239876, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Supriya Garikipati & Isabelle Guérin & Susan S.J. Johnson & Ariane Szafarz, 2017. "Microfinance and Gender: Issues, Challenges and the Road Ahead," Working Papers CEB 17-010, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Panda, P. & Chakraborty, A. & Dror, D.M. & Bedi, A.S., 2013. "Enrollment in community based health insurance schemes in rural Bihar and Uttar Pradesh, India," ISS Working Papers - General Series 555, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- World Bank, 2014. "India : Women, Work and Employment," World Bank Other Operational Studies 18737, The World Bank.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-09-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEM-2011-09-16 (Demographic Economics)
- NEP-DEV-2011-09-16 (Development)
- NEP-HME-2011-09-16 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-LAB-2011-09-16 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-MFD-2011-09-16 (Microfinance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sol:wpaper:2013/96915. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Benoit Pauwels). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cebulbe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.