Microcredit and Women's Empowerment: Through the Lens of Time-Use Data from Rural India
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gronau, Reuben, 1973. "The Intrafamily Allocation of Time: The Value of the Housewives' Time," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(4), pages 634-651, September.
- Juster, F Thomas & Stafford, Frank P, 1991.
"The Allocation of Time: Empirical Findings, Behavioral Models, and Problems of Measurement,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 29(2), pages 471-522, June.
- Juster, F. Thomas & Stafford, Frank P., 1990. "The Allocation of Time: Empirical Findings, Behavioural Models, and Problems of Measurement," Working Paper Series 258, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Supriya Garikipati, 2008. "Agricultural wage work, seasonal migration and the widening gender gap: evidence from a semi-arid region of Andhra Pradesh," The European Journal of Development Research, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 20(4), pages 629-648.
- Angus Deaton & Jean Dreze, 2002. "Poverty and Inequality in India: A Re-Examination," Working Papers 184, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Research Program in Development Studies..
- Vijay Mahajan & Bharti Gupta Ramola, 1996. "Financial services for the rural poor and women in India: Access and sustainability," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(2), pages 211-224.
- Mueller, Eva, 1984. "The value and allocation of time in rural Botswana," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1-3), pages 329-360.
- Constance Newman, 2002. "Gender, Time Use, and Change: The Impact of the Cut Flower Industry in Ecuador," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 16(3), pages 375-395, December.
- Hanan G. Jacoby, 1993. "Shadow Wages and Peasant Family Labour Supply: An Econometric Application to the Peruvian Sierra," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 60(4), pages 903-921.
- Berger, Marguerite, 1989. "Giving women credit: The strengths and limitations of credit as a tool for alleviating poverty," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 17(7), pages 1017-1032, July.
- Rose, Elaina, 2000. "Gender Bias, Credit Constraints and Time Allocation in Rural India," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(465), pages 738-758, July.
- Ranjula Bali Swain & Fan Yang Wallentin, 2009.
"Does microfinance empower women? Evidence from self-help groups in India,"
International Review of Applied Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(5), pages 541-556.
- Bali Swain, Ranjula & Wallentin, Fan Yang, 2007. "DOES MICROFINANCE EMPOWER WOMEN? Evidence from Self Help Groups in India," Working Paper Series 2007:24, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Supriya Garikipati & Susan Johnson & Isabelle Guérin & Ariane Szafarz, 2017.
"Microfinance and Gender: Issues, Challenges and The Road Ahead,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 53(5), pages 641-648, May.
- Supriya Garikipati & Isabelle Guérin & Susan S.J. Johnson & Ariane Szafarz, 2016. "Microfinance and Gender: Issues, Challenges and the Road Ahead," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/239876, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Supriya Garikipati & Isabelle Guérin & Susan S.J. Johnson & Ariane Szafarz, 2017. "Microfinance and Gender: Issues, Challenges and the Road Ahead," Working Papers CEB 17-010, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Panda, P. & Chakraborty, A. & Dror, D.M. & Bedi, A.S., 2013. "Enrollment in community based health insurance schemes in rural Bihar and Uttar Pradesh, India," ISS Working Papers - General Series 555, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:devchg:v:43:y:2012:i:3:p:719-750. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0012-155X .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.