Agriculture, gendered time use, and nutritional outcomes: A systematic review:
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hawkes, Corinna & Ruel, Marie T., 2006. "Overview: understanding the links between agriculture and health," 2020 vision briefs 13(1), International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- World Bank, 2013. "Improving Nutrition through Multisectoral Approaches," World Bank Other Operational Studies 16953, The World Bank.
- Hugh Waddington & Howard White & Birte Snilstveit & Jorge Garcia Hombrados & Martina Vojtkova & Philip Davies & Ami Bhavsar & John Eyers & Tracey Perez Koehlmoos & Mark Petticrew & Jeffrey C. Valentin, 2012. "How to do a good systematic review of effects in international development: a tool kit," Journal of Development Effectiveness, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(3), pages 359-387, September.
- Admassie, Assefa, 2002. "Allocation Of Children'S Time Endowment Between Schooling And Work In Rural Ethiopia," Discussion Papers 18716, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Quisumbing, Agnes R. & Roy, Shalini & Njuki, Jemimah & Tanvin, Kakuly & Waithanji, Elizabeth, 2013. "Can dairy value-chain projects change gender norms in rural Bangladesh? Impacts on assets, gender norms, and time use:," IFPRI discussion papers 1311, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Mueller, Eva, 1984. "The value and allocation of time in rural Botswana," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1-3), pages 329-360.
- Admassie, A. & Bedi, A.S., 2003. "Attending school : two 'Rs' and child work in rural Ethiopia," ISS Working Papers - General Series 19146, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- C. Mark Blackden & Quentin Wodon, 2006. "Gender, Time Use, and Poverty in Sub-Saharan Africa," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7214, June.
- Headey, Derek & Chiu, Alice & Kadiyala, Suneetha, 2011. "Agriculture's role in the Indian enigma: Help or hindrance to the undernutrition crisis?," IFPRI discussion papers 1085, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Shao-Hsun Keng & Chun-Hung Lin, 2005. "Wives' Value of Time and Food Consumed Away from Home in Taiwan ," Asian Economic Journal, East Asian Economic Association, vol. 19(3), pages 319-334, September.
- Kumar, Shubh K., 1994. "Adoption of hybrid maize in Zambia: effects on gender roles, food consumption, and nutrition," Research reports 100, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Mu, Ren & van de Walle, Dominique, 2011.
"Left behind to farm? Women's labor re-allocation in rural China,"
Elsevier, vol. 18(S1), pages 83-97.
- Mu, Ren & van de Walle, Dominique, 2009. "Left behind to farm ? women's labor re-allocation in rural China," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5107, The World Bank.
- Paul A. Higgins & Harold Alderman, 1997. "Labor and Women's Nutrition: The Impact of Work Effort and Fertility on Nutritional Status in Ghana," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 32(3), pages 577-595.
- Dammert, Ana C., 2008.
"Child labor and schooling response to changes in coca production in rural Peru,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 164-180, April.
- Dammert, Ana C., 2007. "Child Labor and Schooling Response to Changes in Coca Production in Rural Peru," IZA Discussion Papers 2869, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Valeria Esquivel & Debbie Budlender & Nancy Folbre & Indira Hirway, 2008. "Explorations: Time-use surveys in the south," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(3), pages 107-152.
- Gryboski, Kristina L., 1996. "Maternal and non-maternal time-allocation to infant care, and care during infant illness in rural Java, Indonesia," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 209-219, July.
- Ruel, Marie T., 2001. "Can food-based strategies help reduce vitamin A and iron deficiencies?," Food policy reviews 5, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Constance Newman, 2002. "Gender, Time Use, and Change: The Impact of the Cut Flower Industry in Ecuador," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 16(3), pages 375-395, December.
- Xavier Cirera & Dirk Willenbockel & Rajith W.D. Lakshman, 2014. "Evidence On The Impact Of Tariff Reductions On Employment In Developing Countries: A Systematic Review," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(3), pages 449-471, July.
- Ricci, Judith A. & Jerome, Norge W. & Sirageldin, Ismail & Aly, Hekmat & Moussa, Wafaa & Galal, Osman & Harrison, Gail G. & Kirksey, Avanelle, 1996. "The significance of children's age in estimating the effect of maternal time use on children's well-being," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 42(5), pages 651-659, March.
- repec:fpr:2020br:13(1 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ruel, Marie T. & Quisumbing, Agnes R. & Balagamwala, Mysbah, 2017. "Nutrition-sensitive agriculture: What have we learned and where do we go from here?:," IFPRI discussion papers 1681, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- repec:eee:deveng:v:2:y:2017:i:c:p:114-131 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fiorella Picchioni & Lukasz Aleksandrowicz & Mieghan M. Bruce & Soledad Cuevas & Paula Dominguez-Salas & Lili Jia & Mehroosh Tak, 2016. "Agri-health research: what have we learned and where do we go next?," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 8(1), pages 291-298, February.
- Johnson, Nancy L. & Balagamwala, Mysbah & Pinkstaff, Crossley & Theis, Sophie & Meinzen-Dick, Ruth Suseela & Quisumbing, Agnes R., 2017. "How do agricultural development projects aim to empower women?: Insights from an analysis of project strategies," IFPRI discussion papers 1609, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
More about this item
Keywordsagriculture; gender; women; nutrition; households;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2015-09-05 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2015-09-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-HME-2015-09-05 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:ifprid:1456. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .