The contribution of fish intake, aquaculture, and small-scale fisheries to improving nutrition: A literature review
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- von Braun, Joachim & Ahmed, Akhter & Asenso-Okyere, Kwadwo & Fan, Shenggen & Gulati, Ashok & Hoddinott, John & Pandya-Lorch, Rajul & Rosegrant, Mark W. & Ruel, Marie & Torero, Maximo & van Rheenen, Te, 2008. "High food prices: The what, who, and how of proposed policy actions," Policy briefs 1A, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Béné, Christophe & Steel, Elisabeth & Luadia, Billy Kambala & Gordon, Ann, 2009. "Fish as the "bank in the water" - Evidence from chronic-poor communities in Congo," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 108-118, February.
- Banda-Nyirenda, D. & Hⁿsken, S.M.C. & Kaunda, W., 2009. "Impact of nutrition and fish supplementation on the response to anti retroviral therapy, Zambia: a literature review," Monographs, The WorldFish Center, number 38680, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Johnston, Deborah & Stevano, Sara & Malapit, Hazel J. & Hull, Elizabeth & Kadiyala, Suneetha, 2015. "Agriculture, gendered time use, and nutritional outcomes: A systematic review:," IFPRI discussion papers 1456, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Louise Teh & Vicky Lam & William Cheung & Dana Miller & Lydia Teh & U. Rashid Sumaila, 2017.
"Impact of high seas closure on food security in low-income fish-dependent countries,"
Chapters, in: Paulo A.L.D. Nunes & Lisa E. Svensson & Anil Markandya (ed.), Handbook on the Economics and Management of Sustainable Oceans, chapter 11, pages 232-262,
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Louise S L Teh & Vicky W Y Lam & William W L Cheung & Dana Miller & Lydia C L Teh & U Rashid Sumaila, 2016. "Impact of High Seas Closure on Food Security in Low Income Fish Dependent Countries," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 11(12), pages 1-27, December.
- de la Peña, I. & Garrett, J. & Gelli, A., 2018. "IFAD RESEARCH SERIES 30 - Nutrition-sensitive value chains from a smallholder perspective: a framework for project design," IFAD Research Series 280079, International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD).
- E. Duncan & L. Ashton & A. R. Abdulai & T. Sawadogo-Lewis & S. E. King & E. D. G. Fraser & S. Vosti & J. Haines & F. Knight & T. Roberton, 2022. "Connecting the food and agriculture sector to nutrition interventions for improved health outcomes," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 14(3), pages 657-675, June.
- Upali S. Amarasinghe & P. A. Don Ajith Kumara & Sena S. De Silva, 2016. "A rationale for introducing a subsidiary fishery in tropical reservoirs and lakes to augment inland fish production: case study from Sri Lanka," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 8(4), pages 769-781, August.
- Winters, P. & Gitter, S.R. & Manley, J. & Bernstein, B., 2017. "IFAD RESEARCH SERIES 18 - Do agricultural support and cash transfer programmes improve nutritional status?," IFAD Research Series 280056, International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD).
- Johnston, Deborah & Stevano, Sara & Malapit, Hazel J. & Hull, Elizabeth & Kadiyala, Suneetha, 2018. "Review: Time Use as an Explanation for the Agri-Nutrition Disconnect: Evidence from Rural Areas in Low and Middle-Income Countries," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 8-18.
- Emily S Darling, 2014. "Assessing the Effect of Marine Reserves on Household Food Security in Kenyan Coral Reef Fishing Communities," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 9(11), pages 1-20, November.
- Shikuku, Kelvin Mashisia & Okello, Julius Juma & Wambugu, Stella & Sindi, Kirimi & Low, Jan W. & McEwan, Margaret, 2019. "Nutrition and food security impacts of quality seeds of biofortified orange-fleshed sweetpotato: Quasi-experimental evidence from Tanzania," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 124(C), pages 1-1.
- Allison, E.H., 2011. "Aquaculture, fisheries, poverty and food security," Monographs, The WorldFish Center, number 39575, October.
- Pandey, Vijay Laxmi & Mahendra Dev, S. & Jayachandran, Usha, 2016. "Impact of agricultural interventions on the nutritional status in South Asia: A review," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 28-40.
- Vilain, C. & Baran, E., 2016. "Nutritional and health value of fish: the case of Cambodia," Monographs, The WorldFish Center, number 40693, October.
- Manrrubio Muñoz-Rodríguez & Claudia Fernández-González & Norman Aguilar-Gallegos & María Virginia González-Santiago, 2020. "The Primacy of Politics in Public Food Security Policies: The Case of Home Gardens," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 12(10), pages 1-21, May.
- Olale, Edward & Henson, Spencer, 2013. "The impact of income diversification among fishing communities in Western Kenya," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 90-99.
- Akua S. Akuffo & Kwamena K. Quagrainie, 2019. "Assessment of Household Food Security in Fish Farming Communities in Ghana," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 11(10), pages 1-15, May.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Kevin D Hall & Juen Guo & Michael Dore & Carson C Chow, 2009. "The Progressive Increase of Food Waste in America and Its Environmental Impact," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 4(11), pages 1-6, November.
- Giovanni Andrea Cornia & Laura Deotti & Maria Sassi, "undated".
"Food Price Volatility over the Last Decade in Niger and Malawi: Extent, Sources and Impact on Child Malnutrition,"
UNDP Africa Policy Notes
2012-002, United Nations Development Programme, Regional Bureau for Africa.
- Giovanni Andrea Cornia & Laura Deotti & Maria Sassi, 2012. "Food Price Volatility over the Last Decade in Niger and Malawi: Extent, Sources and Impact on Child Malnutrition," Working Papers - Economics wp2012_04.rdf, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Scienze per l'Economia e l'Impresa.
- Quddus, Abdul & Jui, Nusrat Zahan & Rahman, K.M.M. & Rahman, Mizanur, 2018. "Gender Role In Pond Fish Culture In Terms Of Decision Making And Nutrition Security," Bangladesh Journal of Agricultural Economics, Bangladesh Agricultural University, vol. 38(1-2), September.
- Benson, Todd & Minot, Nicholas & Pender, John & Robles, Miguel & von Braun, Joachim, 2008. "Global food crises: Monitoring and assessing impact to inform policy responses," Food policy reports 19, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Rosa, Franco & Vasciaveo, Michela & Weaver, Robert D., 2014. "Agricultural and oil commodities: price transmission and market integration between US and Italy," Bio-based and Applied Economics Journal, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA), vol. 3(2), pages 1-25, August.
- Zaremba, Adam & Bianchi, Robert J. & Mikutowski, Mateusz, 2021. "Long-run reversal in commodity returns: Insights from seven centuries of evidence," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 133(C).
- Negash, Martha & Swinnen, Johan F.M., 2013.
"Biofuels and food security: Micro-evidence from Ethiopia,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 963-976.
- Negash, Martha, 2012. "Biofuels and Food Security: Micro-evidence from Ethiopia," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126793, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Martha Negash & Jo Swinnen, 2012. "Biofuels and Food Security: Micro-evidence from Ethiopia," LICOS Discussion Papers 31912, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- von Braun, Joachim, 2008. "Food and financial crises: Implications for agriculture and the poor," Food policy reports 20, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Mkuna, Eliaza & Baiyegunhi, Lloyd JS, 2020. "Impact of Nile perch (Lates niloticus) overfishing on fishers’ income: Evidence from Lake Victoria, Tanzania," African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, African Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 15(3), September.
- Barbara Ntombi Ngwenya & Ketlhatlogile Keta Mosepele & Lapologang Magole, 2012. "A case for gender equity in governance of the Okavango Delta fisheries in Botswana," Natural Resources Forum, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 36(2), pages 109-122, May.
- Nora Lustig, 2009.
"Coping with Rising Food Prices: Policy Dilemmas in the Developing World,"
164, Center for Global Development.
- Nora Lustig, 2009. "Coping with Rising Food Prices: Policy Dilemmas in the Developing World," Working Papers 2009-04, The George Washington University, Institute for International Economic Policy.
- Nora Lustig, 2009. "Coping with Rising Food Prices: Policy Dilemmas in the Developing World," Working Papers id:2241, eSocialSciences.
- Nora Lustig, 2009. "Coping with Rising Food Prices: Policy Dilemmas in the Developing World," Working Papers 0907, Tulane University, Department of Economics.
- Algieri, Bernardina, 2012. "Price Volatility, Speculation and Excessive Speculation in Commodity Markets: sheep or shepherd behaviour?," Discussion Papers 124390, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Natanelov, Valeri & Alam, Mohammad J. & McKenzie, Andrew M. & Van Huylenbroeck, Guido, 2011.
"Is there co-movement of agricultural commodities futures prices and crude oil?,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 4971-4984, September.
- Natanelov, Valeri & Alam, Mohammad Jahangir & McKenzie, Andrew M. & Van Huylenbroeck, Guido, 2011. "Is There Co-Movement of Agricultural Commodities Futures Prices and Crude Oil?," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114626, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Olivia Riera & Johan Swinnen, 2014. "Household level spillover effects from biofuels," LICOS Discussion Papers 35614, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Derek Headey & Shenggen Fan, 2008.
"Anatomy of a crisis: the causes and consequences of surging food prices,"
Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 39(s1), pages 375-391, November.
- Headey, Derek & Fan, Shenggen, 2008. "Anatomy of a crisis: The causes and consequences of surging food prices," IFPRI discussion papers 831, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Riera, Olivia & Swinnen, Johan, 2016. "Household level spillover effects from biofuels: Evidence from castor in Ethiopia," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 55-65.
- Christophe BÃ©nÃ© & Richard M. Friend, 2011. "Poverty in small-scale fisheries," Progress in Development Studies, , vol. 11(2), pages 119-144, April.
- Zamboni, Nadia Selene & Noleto Filho, Eurico Mesquita & Carvalho, Adriana Rosa, 2021. "Unfolding differences in the distribution of coastal marine ecosystem services values among developed and developing countries," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 189(C).
- Mirzabaev, Alisher & Tsegai, Daniel W., 2012. "Effects of weather shocks on agricultural commodity prices in Central Asia," Discussion Papers 140769, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Félix Badolo, 2011. "Transmission des chocs de prix internationaux : le cas du riz au Burkina Faso," Working Papers halshs-00627189, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsSmall scale aquaculture; Nutritive value; Food fish; Developing countries; Food security; Fish consumption; Artisanal fishing;
All these keywords.
- Q00 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wfi:wfbook:38968. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/wfishmy.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: William Ko (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/wfishmy.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.