Food and financial crises: Implications for agriculture and the poor
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Quisumbing, Agnes & Meinzen-Dick, Ruth Suseela & Bassett, Lucy & Usnick, Michael & Pandolfelli, Lauren & Morden, Cheryl & Alderman, Harold, 2008. "Helping women respond to the global food price crisis:," Policy briefs 7, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- von Braun, Joachim & Pandya-Lorch, Rajul, 2007. "Taking action for the world's poor and hungry people: Synopsis of an international consultation," IFPRI books, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), number 9780896296572, Winter.
- Benson, Todd & Minot, Nicholas & Pender, John & Robles, Miguel & von Braun, Joachim, 2008. "Global food crises: Monitoring and assessing impact to inform policy responses," Food policy reports 19, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- von Braun, Joachim & Ahmed, Akhter & Asenso-Okyere, Kwadwo & Fan, Shenggen & Gulati, Ashok & Hoddinott, John & Pandya-Lorch, Rajul & Rosegrant, Mark W. & Ruel, Marie & Torero, Maximo & van Rheenen, Te, 2008. "High food prices: The what, who, and how of proposed policy actions [In Chinese]," Policy briefs 1A CH, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- von Braun, Joachim & Fan, Shenggen & Meinzen-Dick, Ruth & Rosegrant, Mark W. & Pratt, Alejandro Nin, 2008. "International agricultural research for food security, poverty reduction, and the environment: What to expect from scaling up CGIAR investments and “Best Bet” programs," Issue briefs 53, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- von Braun, Joachim & Ahmed, Akhter & Asenso-Okyere, Kwadwo & Fan, Shenggen & Gulati, Ashok & Hoddinott, John & Pandya-Lorch, Rajul & Rosegrant, Mark W. & Ruel, Marie & Torero, Maximo & van Rheenen, Te, 2008. "High food prices: The what, who, and how of proposed policy actions," Policy briefs 1A, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Brian D. Wright, 2012.
"International Grain Reserves And Other Instruments to Address Volatility in Grain Markets,"
World Bank Research Observer,
World Bank Group, vol. 27(2), pages 222-260, August.
- Wright, Brian, 2009. "International grain reserves and other instruments to address volatility in grain markets," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5028, The World Bank.
- Mason, Nicole M. & Jayne, T.S. & Chapoto, Antony & Donovan, Cynthia, 2011. "Putting the 2007/2008 global food crisis in longer-term perspective: Trends in staple food affordability in urban Zambia and Kenya," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 350-367, June.
- -, 2009. "The outlook for agriculture and rural development in the Americas: a perspective on Latin America and the Caribbean, 2009," Coediciones, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), number 1379 edited by Iica, September.
- Johnston, Robyn M. & Hoanh, Chu Thai & Lacombe, Guillaume & Noble, Andrew D. & Smakhtin, Vladimir & Suhardiman, Diana & Kam, Suan Pheng & Choo, P. S, 2009. "Scoping study on natural resources and climate change in Southeast Asia with a focus on agriculture. Final report," IWMI Research Reports H042414, International Water Management Institute.
- Michael Herrmann, 2009. "Food Security And Agricultural Development In Times Of High Commodity Prices," UNCTAD Discussion Papers 196, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- Yamauchi, Futoshi & Dewina, Reno, 2012. "Risks and spatial connectivity evidence from food price crisis in rural Indonesia," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 383-389.
- repec:oup:apecpp:v:38:y:2016:i:4:p:563-577. is not listed on IDEAS
- Vu, Linh & Glewwe, Paul, 2011.
"Impacts of Rising Food Prices on Poverty and Welfare in Vietnam,"
Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 36(1), April.
- Linh Vu Hoang & Paul Glewwe, 2009. "Impacts of Rising Food Prices on Poverty and Welfare in Vietnam," Working Papers 13, Development and Policies Research Center (DEPOCEN), Vietnam.
- Minot, Nicholas & Chemingui, Mohamed Abdelbasset & Thomas, Marcelle & Dewina, Reno & Orden, David, 2010. "Trade liberalization and poverty in the Middle East and North Africa:," Research reports Nicholas Minot, et al., International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- [WEF] World Economic Forum, 2016. "The Global Risks Report 2016: 11th Edition," Working Papers id:10737, eSocialSciences.
- Woolverton, Andrea E. & Kiawu, James, 2009. "Policy Responses to 2008 High Food Prices: Domestic Incentives and Global Implications," 2009 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, 2009, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 104506, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Gentilini, Ugo & Omamo, Steven Were, 2011. "Social protection 2.0: Exploring issues, evidence and debates in a globalizing world," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 329-340, June.
- Giorgia Giovannetti & Elisa Ticci, 2013. "Foreign Direct Investment in Sub-Saharan Africa: Drivers and the Challenge of the Land-Energy Nexus," Working Papers - Economics wp2013_09.rdf, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Scienze per l'Economia e l'Impresa.
- Gbadebo Oladosu & Siwa Msangi, 2013. "Biofuel-Food Market Interactions: A Review of Modeling Approaches and Findings," Agriculture, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(1), pages 1-19, February.
- Adämmer, Philipp & Bohl, Martin T., 2015. "Speculative bubbles in agricultural prices," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 67-76.
- Adesina, Akinwumi A., 2013. "Global food and financial crises: lessons and imperatives for accelerating food production in Africa," African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, African Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 8(4), October.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:433121 is not listed on IDEAS
- Independent Evaluation Group, 2011. "Growth and Productivity in Agriculture and Agribusiness : Evaluative Lessons from World Bank Group Experience," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2279, June.
More about this item
Keywordsfood security; Nutrition security; Pro-poor growth; Agricultural growth; Food prices; Social protection; Global financial crises;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2009-01-10 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2009-01-10 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2009-01-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2009-01-10 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-DEV-2009-01-10 (Development)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:fprepo:20. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .