Agriculture's role in the Indian enigma: Help or hindrance to the undernutrition crisis?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Christiaensen, Luc & Demery, Lionel & Kuhl, Jesper, 2006. "The role of agriculture in poverty reduction an empirical perspective," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4013, The World Bank.
- von Braun, Joachim, 1995. "Agricultural commercialization: impacts on income and nutrition and implications for policy," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 187-202, June.
- Guha-Khasnobis, Basudeb & James, K. S., 2010. "Urbanization and the South Asian Enigma: A Case Study of India," WIDER Working Paper Series 037, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Raghav Gaiha & Raghbendra Jha & Vani S. Kulkarni, 2010. "Demand for Nutrients in India, 1993–2004," ASARC Working Papers 2010-16, The Australian National University, Australia South Asia Research Centre.
- Ravallion, Martin & Datt, Gaurav, 1996. "How Important to India's Poor Is the Sectoral Composition of Economic Growth?," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 10(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Behrman, Jere R., 1988. "Nutrition, health, birth order and seasonality : Intrahousehold allocation among children in rural India," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 43-62, February.
- Bhalotra, Sonia, 2010.
"Fatal fluctuations? Cyclicality in infant mortality in India,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 93(1), pages 7-19, September.
- Bhalotra, Sonia R., 2007. "Fatal Fluctuations? Cyclicality in Infant Mortality in India," IZA Discussion Papers 3086, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Sonia Bhalotra, 2007. "Fatal Fluctuations? - Cyclicality in Infant Mortality in India," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 07/181, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Malavika A Subramanyam & Ichiro Kawachi & Lisa F Berkman & S V Subramanian, 2011. "Is Economic Growth Associated with Reduction in Child Undernutrition in India?," Working Papers id:3926, eSocialSciences.
- Iannotti, Lora & Cunningham, Kenda & Ruel, Marie, 2009. "Improving diet quality and micronutrient nutrition: Homestead food production in Bangladesh," IFPRI discussion papers 928, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Bezemer, Dirk & Headey, Derek, 2008. "Agriculture, Development, and Urban Bias," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 1342-1364, August.
- Datt, Gaurav & Ravallion, Martin, 1998.
"Why Have Some Indian States Done Better Than Others at Reducing Rural Poverty?,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 65(257), pages 17-38, February.
- Datt, Gaurav & Ravallion, Martin, 1996. "Why have some Indian states done better than others at reducing rural poverty?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1594, The World Bank.
- Himaz, Rozana & Galab, Sheikh & Reddy, Prudhvikar, 2009. "Young Lives Round 2 Survey Report Initial Findings: Andhra Pradesh, India," MPRA Paper 21900, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Robert T. Jensen & Nolan H. Miller, 2010. "A Revealed Preference Approach to Measuring Hunger and Undernutrition," NBER Working Papers 16555, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Smith, Lisa C. & Ruel, Marie T. & Ndiaye, Aida, 2004.
"Why is child malnutrition lower in urban than rural areas?,"
FCND discussion papers
176, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Smith, Lisa C. & Ruel, Marie T. & Ndiaye, Aida, 2004. "Why is child malnutrition lower in urban than rural areas?," FCND briefs 176, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Babu, Suresh Chandra & Thirumaran, Susheela & Mohanam, T. C., 1993. "Agricultural productivity, seasonality and gender bias in rural nutrition: Empirical evidence from South India," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 1313-1319, December.
- Michele Gragnolati & Caryn Bredenkamp & Meera Shekar & Monica Das Gupta & Yi-Kyoung Lee, 2006. "India's Undernourished Children : A Call for Reform and Action," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7241.
- Ravallion, Martin & Datt, Gaurav, 2002. "Why has economic growth been more pro-poor in some states of India than others?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 381-400, August.
More about this item
Keywordsadult and child undernutrition; Agricultural growth; Rural development;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2011-08-02 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2011-08-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2011-08-02 (Development)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:ifprid:1085. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .