Poverty decline, agricultural wages, and nonfarm employment in rural India: 1983-2004
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Lanjouw, Peter & Murgai, Rinku, 2009. "Poverty decline, agricultural wages, and non-farm employment in rural India : 1983-2004," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4858, The World Bank.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lanjouw, Peter & Stern, Nicholas, 1998. "Economic Development in Palanpur over Five Decades," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198288329, June.
- Datt, Gaurav & Ravallion, Martin, 1997. "Why have some Indian states performed better than others at reducing rural poverty?," FCND discussion papers 26, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Yoko Kijima & Lanjouw, Peter, 2003. "Poverty in India during the1990s - a regional perspective," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3141, The World Bank.
- Gaurav Datt & Valerie Kozel & Martin Ravallion, 2003. "A Model-Based Assessment of India's Progress in Reducing Poverty in the 1990s," Monash Economics Working Papers archive-32, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Jayaraman, Rajshri & Lanjouw, Peter, 1999.
"The Evolution of Poverty and Inequality in Indian Villages,"
World Bank Research Observer,
World Bank Group, vol. 14(1), pages 1-30, February.
- Jayraman, Raji & Lanjouw, Peter, 1998. "The evolution of poverty and inequality in Indian villages," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1870, The World Bank.
- Datt, Gaurav & Ravallion, Martin, 1998.
"Why Have Some Indian States Done Better Than Others at Reducing Rural Poverty?,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 65(257), pages 17-38, February.
- Datt, Gaurav & Ravallion, Martin, 1996. "Why have some Indian states done better than others at reducing rural poverty?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1594, The World Bank.
- Angus Deaton, 2003. "Adjusted Indian Poverty Estimates for 1999-2000," Working Papers 200, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Research Program in Development Studies..
- (No last name available), Himanshu, 2013. "Poverty and Food Security in India," ADB Economics Working Paper Series 369, Asian Development Bank.
- Ravallion, Martin & Datt, Gaurav, 1996. "How Important to India's Poor Is the Sectoral Composition of Economic Growth?," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 10(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Mellor, John W. & Lele, Uma J., 1973. "Growth Linkages of the New Foodgrain Technologies," Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Indian Society of Agricultural Economics, vol. 28(1).
- Ravallion, Martin & Datt, Gaurav, 1999. "When is growth pro-poor? Evidence from the diverse experiences of India's states," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2263, The World Bank.
- Foster, Andrew D & Rosenzweig, Mark R, 2004. "Agricultural Productivity Growth, Rural Economic Diversity, and Economic Reforms: India, 1970-2000," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 52(3), pages 509-542, April.
- Ravallion, Martin & Datt, Gaurav, 2002. "Why has economic growth been more pro-poor in some states of India than others?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 381-400, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pieters, Janneke, 2010. "Growth and Inequality in India: Analysis of an Extended Social Accounting Matrix," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 270-281, March.
- Magnus Hatlebakk, 2014.
"Poverty Dynamics in Rural Orissa: Transitions in Assets and Occupations over Generations,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(6), pages 877-893, June.
- Magnus Hatlebakk, 2012. "Poverty dynamics in rural Orissa: Transitions in assets and occupations over generations," CMI Working Papers 11, CMI (Chr. Michelsen Institute), Bergen, Norway.
- Asadullah, M. Niaz & Yalonetzky, Gaston, 2012.
"Inequality of Educational Opportunity in India: Changes Over Time and Across States,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 1151-1163.
- Asadullah, Niaz & Yalonetzky, Gaston, 2010. "Inequality of Educational Opportunity in India: Changes over Time and across States," IZA Discussion Papers 5146, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Gaston Yalonetzky & M. Niaz Asadullah, 2016. "Inequality of Educational Opportunity in India: Changes over Time and across States," Working Papers id:8845, eSocialSciences.
- Christiaensen, Luc & Todo, Yasuyuki, 2014.
"Poverty Reduction During the Rural–Urban Transformation – The Role of the Missing Middle,"
Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 43-58.
- Christiaensen, Luc J.M. & Todo, Yasuyuki, 2009. "Poverty Reduction during the Rural-Urban Transformation - The Role of the Missing Middle," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51467, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Christiaensen, Luc & Todo, Yasuyuki, 2013. "Poverty reduction during the rural-urban transformation : the role of the missing middle," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6445, The World Bank.
- Ira N. Gang & Kunal Sen & Myeong-Su Yun, 2017.
"Is Caste Destiny? Occupational Diversification among Dalits in Rural India,"
The European Journal of Development Research,
Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 29(2), pages 476-492, April.
- Gang, Ira N. & Sen, Kunal & Yun, Myeong-Su, 2012. "Is Caste Destiny? Occupational Diversification among Dalits in Rural India," IZA Discussion Papers 6295, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ira Gang & Kunal Sen & Myeong Su Yun, 2012. "Is Caste Destiny? Occupational Diversification among Dalits in Rural India," Working Papers id:4769, eSocialSciences.
- Ira Gang & Kunal Sen & Myeong-Su Yun, 2012. "Is caste destiny? Occupational diversification among Dalits in rural India," Brooks World Poverty Institute Working Paper Series 16212, BWPI, The University of Manchester.
- Atamanov, Aziz & Van den Berg, Marrit, 2012. "Determinants of the rural nonfarm economy in Tajikistan," MERIT Working Papers 080, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Ojimba, Thankgod Peter, 1. "Socio-Demographic Factors As Determinants Of Poverty In Crude Oil Polluted Crop Farms In Rivers State, Nigeria," International Journal of Food and Agricultural Economics (IJFAEC), Alanya Alaaddin Keykubat University, Department of Economics and Finance, vol. 1.
- Nidhiya Menon & Yana van der Meulen Rodgers, 2013. "Credit and self-employment," Chapters,in: Handbook of Research on Gender and Economic Life, chapter 22, pages 359-377 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Nidhiya Menon & Yana van der Meulen Rodgers, 2011. "How Access to Credit Affects Self-employment: Differences by Gender during India's Rural Banking Reform," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(1), pages 48-69.
- repec:spr:agfoec:v:6:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1186_s40100-018-0098-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Emran, M. Shahe & Shilpi, Forhad, 2014.
"Agricultural Productivity, Hired Labor, Wages and Poverty: Evidence from Bangladesh,"
58099, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Emran, Shahe & Shilpi, Forhad, 2014. "Agricultural productivity, hired labor, wages and poverty : evidence from Bangladesh," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7056, The World Bank.
- Dutta, Sujoy, 2015. "An uneven path to accountability: A comparative study of MGNREGA in two states of India," Discussion Papers, Inequality and Social Policy SP I 2015-201, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Aradhna Aggarwal & Nagesh Kumar, 2012. "Structural Change, Industrialization and Poverty Reduction: The Case of India," Development Papers 1206, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) South and South-West Asia Office.
- Christiaensen, Luc & Pan,Lei & Wang, Sangui, 2010. "Drivers of Poverty Reduction in Lagging Regions: Evidence from Rural Western China," WIDER Working Paper Series 035, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:103:y:2018:i:c:p:239-254 is not listed on IDEAS
- Klonner, Stefan & Oldiges , Christian, 2014. "Safety Net for India's Poor or Waste of Public Funds? Poverty and Welfare in the Wake of the World's Largest Job Guarantee Program," Working Papers 0564, University of Heidelberg, Department of Economics.
- Benjamin Davis & Paul Winters & Thomas Reardon & Kostas Stamoulis, 2009. "Rural nonfarm employment and farming: household-level linkages," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 40(2), pages 119-123, March.
- Mark R. Rosenzweig & Andrew D. Foster, 2010. "Is There Surplus Labor in Rural India?," Working Papers 991, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Bachewe, Fantu Nisrane & Berhane, Guush & Minten, Bart & Taffesse, Alemayehu Seyoum, 2016. "Non-farm income and labor markets in rural Ethiopia," ESSP working papers 90, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Hoang, Trung X. & Pham, Cong S. & Ulubaşoğlu, Mehmet A., 2014. "Non-Farm Activity, Household Expenditure, and Poverty Reduction in Rural Vietnam: 2002–2008," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 554-568.
- Ashima Goyal & Akash Kumar Baikar, 2014.
"Psychology, cyclicality or social programs: Rural wage and inflation dynamics in India,"
Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers
2014-014, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Ashima Goyal & Akash Kumar Baikar, 2014. "Psychology, Cyclicality or Social Programs: Rural Wage and Inflation Dynamics in India," Working Papers id:5812, eSocialSciences.
- Emran,M. Shahe & Shilpi,Forhad J., 2017.
"Beyond dualism : agricultural productivity, small towns, and structural change in Bangladesh,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
8087, The World Bank.
- Emran, M. Shahe & Shilpi, Forhad, 2017. "Beyond Dualism: Agricultural Productivity, Small Towns, and Structural Change in Bangladesh," MPRA Paper 75938, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Basu, Kaushik, 2013. "Shared prosperity and the mitigation of poverty : in practice and in precept," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6700, The World Bank.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:agecon:v:40:y:2009:i:2:p:243-263. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iaaeeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.