India : Power Sector Reform and the Poor
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ravallion, Martin, 2002. "On the urbanization of poverty," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 435-442, August.
- Gaurav Datt & Martin Ravallion, 2011.
"Has India's Economic Growth Become More Pro-Poor in the Wake of Economic Reforms?,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 25(2), pages 157-189, February.
- Datt, Gaurav & Ravallion, Martin, 2009. "Has India's economic growth become more pro-poor in the wake of economic reforms ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5103, The World Bank.
- Dollar, David & Kraay, Aart, 2002. "Growth Is Good for the Poor," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 195-225, September.
- Chisari, Omar & Estache, Antonio, 1991. "Universal service obligations in utility concession contracts and the needs of the poor in Argentina's privatization," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2250, The World Bank.
- Ravallion, Martin & Datt, Gaurav, 1996. "How Important to India's Poor Is the Sectoral Composition of Economic Growth?," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 10(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Caves, Douglas W & Herriges, Joseph A & Windle, Robert J, 1990.
"Customer Demand for Service Reliability in the Electric Power Industry: A Synthesis of the Outage Cost Literature,"
Bulletin of Economic Research,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(2), pages 79-119, April.
- Herriges, Joseph A. & Caves, Douglas W. & Windle, R. J., 1990. "Customer Demand for Service Reliability in the Electric Power Industry: A Synthesis of the Outage Cost Literature," Staff General Research Papers Archive 10790, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Robert Bacon, 1999. "A Scorecard for Energy Reform in Developing Countries," World Bank Other Operational Studies 11487, The World Bank.
- Kalpana Kochhar & Erik Offerdal & Louis Dicks-Mireaux & Mauro Mecagni & Jianping Zhou & Balázs Horváth & David John Goldsbrough & Sharmini Coorey, 1996. "Reinvigorating Growth in Developing Countries; Lessons from Adjustment Policies in Eight Economies," IMF Occasional Papers 139, International Monetary Fund.
- Stephen Powell & Mary Starks, 2000. "Does Reform of Energy Sector Networks Improve Access for the Poor?," World Bank Other Operational Studies 11431, The World Bank.
- Green, Richard, 2000. "Regulators and the poor - Lessons from the United Kingdom," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2386, The World Bank.
- Estache, Antonio & Gomez-Lobo, Andres & Leipziger, Danny, 2000. "Utility privatization and the needs of the poor in Latin America - Have we learned enough to get it right?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2407, The World Bank.
- Radhakrishna, R. & Subbarao, K., 1997. "India's Public Distribution System. A National and International Perspective," World Bank - Discussion Papers 380, World Bank.
- Julian A. Lampietti & Anthony A. Kolb & Sumila Gulyani & Vahram Avenesyan, 2001. "Utility Pricing and the Poor : Lessons from Armenia," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13913, July.
- Datt, Gaurav & Ravallion, Martin, 1998.
"Why Have Some Indian States Done Better Than Others at Reducing Rural Poverty?,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 65(257), pages 17-38, February.
- Datt, Gaurav & Ravallion, Martin, 1996. "Why have some Indian states done better than others at reducing rural poverty?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1594, The World Bank.
- Vivien Foster, 2000. "Measuring the Impact of Energy Reform : Practical Options," World Bank Other Operational Studies 11432, The World Bank.
- Ravallion, Martin & Datt, Gaurav, 2002. "Why has economic growth been more pro-poor in some states of India than others?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 381-400, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Oda, Hisaya, 2012. "Progress and issues in rural electrification in Bihar, India : a preliminary analysis," IDE Discussion Papers 333, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Kundu, Goutam Kumar & Mishra, Bidhu Bhusan, 2011. "Impact of reform and privatization on consumers: A case study of power sector reform in Orissa, India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 3537-3549, June.
- World Bank, 2003. "India : Sustaining Reform, Reducing Poverty," World Bank Other Operational Studies 14617, The World Bank.
- Oda, Hisaya & Tsujita, Yuko, 2011. "The determinants of rural electrification: The case of Bihar, India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 3086-3095, June.
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy - Energy and Poverty Alleviation Economic Theory and Research Environmental Economics and Policies Energy Technology and Transmission Public Sector Economics and Finance;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wboper:15286. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Breineder). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.