Is Economic Growth Associated with Reduction in Child Undernutrition in India?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ravallion, Martin, 1990. "Income Effects on Undernutrition," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 38(3), pages 489-515, April.
- Sudhir Anand & Martin Ravallion, 1993. "Human Development in Poor Countries: On the Role of Private Incomes and Public Services," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(1), pages 133-150, Winter.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Joseph Cummins & Anaka Aiyar, 2017. "Age-Profile Estimates of the Relationship Between Economic Growth and Child Health," Working Papers 201710, University of California at Riverside, Department of Economics.
- Mark E. McGovern & Aditi Krishna & Victor M. Aguayo & S.V. Subramanian, 2017. "A Review of the Evidence Linking Child Stunting to Economic Outcomes," CHaRMS Working Papers 17-03, Centre for HeAlth Research at the Management School (CHaRMS).
- Kenneth Harttgen & Stephan Klasen & Sebastian Vollmer, 2012.
"Economic Growth and Child Undernutrition in Africa,"
UNDP Africa Policy Notes
2012-013, United Nations Development Programme, Regional Bureau for Africa.
- Harttgen, Kenneth & Klasen, Stephan & Vollmer, Sebastian, 2012. "Economic Growth and Child Undernutrition in Africa," Discussion Papers 130164, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- repec:spr:soinre:v:135:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s11205-016-1515-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Gillespie, Stuart & Harris, Jody & Kadiyala, Suneetha, 2012. "The Agriculture-Nutrition Disconnect in India: What Do We Know?:," IFPRI discussion papers 1187, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Sumarto, Sudarno & de Silva, Indunil, 2015. "Child Malnutrition in Indonesia: Can Education, Sanitation and Healthcare Augment the Role of Income?," MPRA Paper 66631, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 09 Sep 2015.
- Cuesta, Jose, 2013. "Feeding five billion Asians : a socioeconomic perspective," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6328, The World Bank.
- Soriano, Bárbara & Garrido, Alberto, 2016. "How important is economic growth for reducing undernourishment in developing countries?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 87-101.
- Headey, Derek & Chiu, Alice & Kadiyala, Suneetha, 2011. "Agriculture's role in the Indian enigma: Help or hindrance to the undernutrition crisis?," IFPRI discussion papers 1085, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Swarna Sadasivam Vepa & Vinodhini Umashankar & R.V. Bhavani & Rohit Parasar, 2014. "Agriculture and Child Under-Nutrition in India: A State Level Analysis," Working Papers 2014-086, Madras School of Economics,Chennai,India.
- repec:eee:jfpoli:v:74:y:2018:i:c:p:100-116 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bhagowalia, Priya & Headey, Derek D. & Kadiyala, Suneetha, 2012. "Agriculture, Income, and Nutrition Linkages in India: Insights from a Nationally Representative Survey:," IFPRI discussion papers 1195, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Rashad, Ahmed & Sharaf, Mesbah, 2015. "Does Economic Growth Reduce Child Malnutrition in Egypt? New Evidence from National Demographic and Health Survey," Working Papers 2015-16, University of Alberta, Department of Economics.
- Corsi, Daniel J. & Mejía-Guevara, Iván & Subramanian, S.V., 2016. "Risk factors for chronic undernutrition among children in India: Estimating relative importance, population attributable risk and fractions," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 157(C), pages 165-185.
- repec:spr:chinre:v:10:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s12187-016-9378-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Stefan Lang & Nikolaus Umlauf & Peter Wechselberger & Kenneth Harttgen & Thomas Kneib, 2012. "Multilevel structured additive regression," Working Papers 2012-07, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Joseph Cummins, 2013. "On the Use and Misuse of Child Height-for-Age Z-score in the Demographic and Health Surveys," Working Papers 201417, University of California at Riverside, Department of Economics.
More about this item
Keywordschild; India; undernutrition; NFHS; national family health survey; children; anthropometric; demographic; socioeconomic covariates; economic growth; direct investments; primary health care;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-05-14 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:3926. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash). General contact details of provider: http://www.esocialsciences.org .