Understanding and Misunderstanding Randomized Controlled Trials
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Angus Deaton & Nancy Cartwright, 2017. "Understanding and misunderstanding randomized controlled trials," Working Papers 2017-10, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Center for Health and Wellbeing..
- Angus Deaton & Nancy Cartwright, 2016. "Understanding and Misunderstanding Randomized Controlled Trials," NBER Working Papers 22595, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:wsi:jicepx:v:08:y:2017:i:02:n:s1793993317500077 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rao, Vijayendra & Ananthpur, Kripa & Malik, Kabir, 2017.
"The Anatomy of Failure: An Ethnography of a Randomized Trial to Deepen Democracy in Rural India,"
Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 481-497.
- Ananthpur, Kripa & Malik, Kabir & Rao, Vijayendra, 2014. "The anatomy of failure : an ethnography of a randomized trial to deepen democracy in rural India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6958, The World Bank.
- repec:pal:palcom:v:4:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1057_s41599-018-0069-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cristina Corduneanu-Huci & Michael T. Dorsch & Paul Maarek, 2017. "Learning to constrain: Political competition and randomized controlled trials in development," THEMA Working Papers 2017-24, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- repec:eee:jeborg:v:145:y:2018:i:c:p:335-351 is not listed on IDEAS
- Peters, Jörg & Langbein, Jörg & Roberts, Gareth, 2017. "Generalization in the Tropics: Development policy, randomized controlled trials, and external validity," Ruhr Economic Papers 716, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Achilleas Vassilopoulos & Andreas C. Drichoutis & Rodolfo M. Nayga, Jr, 2018.
"Loss Aversion, Expectations and Anchoring in the BDM Mechanism,"
2018-1, Agricultural University of Athens, Department Of Agricultural Economics.
- Vassilopoulos, Achilleas & Drichoutis, Andreas C. & Nayga, Rodolfo, 2018. "Loss Aversion, Expectations and Anchoring in the BDM Mechanism," MPRA Paper 85635, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:aea:jecper:v:31:y:2017:i:4:p:125-44 is not listed on IDEAS
- Darwin Ugarte Ontiveros & Gustavo Canavire-Bacarreza & Luis Castro Peñarrieta, 2017.
"Outliers in semi-parametric Estimation of Treatment Effects,"
DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO CIEF
015810, UNIVERSIDAD EAFIT.
- Darwin Ugarte Ontiveros & Gustavo Canavire-Bacarreza & Luis Castro Peñarrieta, 2017. "Outliers in semi-parametric Estimation of Treatment Effects," Development Research Working Paper Series 06/2017, Institute for Advanced Development Studies.
- Vicky Chemutai & Hubert Escaith, 2017.
"Measuring World Trade Organization (WTO) Accession Commitments and their Economic Effects,"
Journal of International Commerce, Economics and Policy (JICEP),
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 8(02), pages 1-27, June.
- Vicky Chemutai & Hubert Escaith, 2017. "Measuring World Trade Organization (WTO) Accession Commitments and their Economic Effects," Post-Print hal-01658461, HAL.
- repec:aea:aecrev:v:107:y:2017:i:5:p:282-86 is not listed on IDEAS
- Moshe Justman, 2016. "Economic Research and Education Policy: Project STAR and Class Size Reduction," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2016n37, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Drichoutis, Andreas C. & Nayga, Rodolfo, 2017. "Economic rationality under cognitive load," MPRA Paper 81111, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Andor, Mark Andreas & Gerster, Andreas & Peters, Jörg & Schmidt, Christoph M., 2017. "Social norms and energy conservation beyond the US," Ruhr Economic Papers 714, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- repec:kap:reveho:v:16:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s11150-016-9353-x is not listed on IDEAS
- Omar Al-Ubaydli & John A. List & Danielle LoRe & Dana Suskind, 2017.
"Scaling for Economists: Lessons from the Non-Adherence Problem in the Medical Literature,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 31(4), pages 125-144, Fall.
- Omar Al-Ubaydli & John List & Danielle LoRe & Dana Suskind, 2017. "Scaling for economists: lessons from the non-adherence problem in the medical literature," Artefactual Field Experiments 00616, The Field Experiments Website.
- repec:eee:ecolet:v:167:y:2018:i:c:p:131-135 is not listed on IDEAS
- Omar Al-Ubaydli & John A. List & Dana L. Suskind, 2017.
"What Can We Learn from Experiments? Understanding the Threats to the Scalability of Experimental Results,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 107(5), pages 282-286, May.
- Omar Al-Ubaydli & John List & Dana Suskind, 2017. "What Can We Learn From Experiments? Understanding the Threats to the Scalability of Experimental Results," Natural Field Experiments 00607, The Field Experiments Website.
- repec:eee:jcjust:v:53:y:2017:i:c:p:110-116 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pri:rpdevs:august_25.pdf. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bobray Bordelon). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/rpprius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.