Substitution and Dropout Bias in Social Experiments: A Study of an Influential Social Experiment
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- James Heckman & Neil Hohmann & Jeffrey Smith, 1998. "Substitution and Dropout Bias in Social Experiments: A Study of an Influential Social Experiment," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 9818, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ragnitz Joachim, 1989.
"Der internationale Zinszusammenhang,"
Zeitschrift für Wirtschaftspolitik, De Gruyter, vol. 38(1), pages 312-312, April.
- Ragnitz Joachim, 1989. "Der internationale Zinszusammenhang," Zeitschrift für Wirtschaftspolitik, De Gruyter, vol. 38(2), pages 98-98, August.
- Ragnitz Joachim, 1989. "Der internationale Zinszusammenhang," Zeitschrift für Wirtschaftspolitik, De Gruyter, vol. 38(1), pages 222-222, April.
- Ragnitz Joachim, 1989. "Der internationale Zinszusammenhang," Zeitschrift für Wirtschaftspolitik, De Gruyter, vol. 38(3), pages 88-88, December.
- Chang, Winston W & Hamberg, Daniel & Hirata, Junichi, 1983. "Liquidity Preference as Behavior toward Risk Is a Demand for Short-Term Securities-Not Money," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(3), pages 420-427, June.
- William H. Branson, 1985. "The Dynamic Interaction of Exchange Rates and Trade Flows," NBER Working Papers 1780, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Branson, William H. & Henderson, Dale W., 1985. "The specification and influence of asset markets," Handbook of International Economics, in: R. W. Jones & P. B. Kenen (ed.), Handbook of International Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 15, pages 749-805, Elsevier.
- Tobin, James, 1982.
"Money and Finance in the Macroeconomic Process,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 14(2), pages 171-204, May.
- Tobin, James, 1981. "Money and Finance in the Macro-Economic Process," Nobel Prize in Economics documents 1981-1, Nobel Prize Committee.
- James Tobin, 1982. "Money and Finance in the Macro-Economic Process," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 613R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Laidler, David, 1984. "The 'Buffer Stock' Notion in Monetary Economics," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 94(376a), pages 17-34, Supplemen.
- Hicks, J. R., 1979. "Critical Essays in Monetary Theory," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198284239.
- Sarno,Lucio & Taylor,Mark P., 2003. "The Economics of Exchange Rates," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521485845, July.
- Calvo, Guillermo A & Rodriguez, Carlos Alfredo, 1977. "A Model of Exchange Rate Determination under Currency Substitution and Rational Expectations," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(3), pages 617-625, June.
- Tobin, James, 1969. "A General Equilibrium Approach to Monetary Theory," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 1(1), pages 15-29, February.
- William J. Baumol, 1952. "The Transactions Demand for Cash: An Inventory Theoretic Approach," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 66(4), pages 545-556.
- J. Tobin, 1958. "Liquidity Preference as Behavior Towards Risk," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 25(2), pages 65-86.
- Barbara Dluhosch & Andreas Freytag & Malte Krüger, 1996. "International Competitiveness and the Balance of Payments," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 898.
- Barro, Robert J. & Fischer, Stanley, 1976. "Recent developments in monetary theory," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 133-167, April.
- Michael L. Mussa, 1984. "The Theory of Exchange Rate Determination," NBER Chapters, in: Exchange Rate Theory and Practice, pages 13-78, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Girton, Lance & Roper, Don E, 1981. "Theory and Implications of Currency Substitution," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 13(1), pages 12-30, February.
- Malte Krüger, 1996. "Speculation, Hedging and Intermediation in the Foreign Exchange Market," Working Papers 9606, Banco de España.
- Tsiang, S. C., 1989. "Finance Constraints and the Theory of Money," Elsevier Monographs, Elsevier, edition 1, number 9780127017211 edited by Kohn, Meir, December.
- Robert Murphy & Carl Duyne, 1980. "Asset market approaches to exchange rate determination: A comparative analysis," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 116(4), pages 627-656, December.
- Branson, William H. & Halttunen, Hannu & Masson, Paul, 1977. "Exchange rates in the short run: The dollar-dentschemark rate," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 303-324.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Paolo Zagaglia, 2013. "Forecasting Long-Term Interest Rates with a General-Equilibrium Model of the Euro Area: What Role for Liquidity Services of Bonds?," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer;Japanese Association of Financial Economics and Engineering, vol. 20(4), pages 383-430, November.
- Charles van Marrewijk, 2004.
"An introduction to international money and foreign exchange markets,"
0410006, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Charles van Marrewijk, 2004. "An Introduction to International Money and Foreign Exchange Markets," School of Economics Working Papers 2004-02, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Charles Van Marrewijk, 2004. "An Introduction to International Money and Foreign Exchange Markets," Centre for International Economic Studies Working Papers 2004-07, University of Adelaide, Centre for International Economic Studies.
- Vieira, Fabrício A.C. & Holland, Márcio & Resende, Marco F., 2012.
"Financial dollarization and systemic risks: New empirical evidence,"
Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 1695-1714.
- Fabricio De Assis Campos Vieira & Márcio Holland & Marco Flávio Da Cunha Resende, 2014. "Financial Dollarization And Systemicrisks: New Empirical Evidence," Anais do XL Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 40th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 040, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Rangan Gupta & Hylton Hollander & Rudi Steinbach, 2020.
"Forecasting output growth using a DSGE-based decomposition of the South African yield curve,"
Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 58(1), pages 351-378, January.
- Rangan Gupta & Hylton Hollander & Rudi Steinbach, 2015. "Forecasting Output Growth using a DSGE-Based Decomposition of the South African Yield Curve," Working Papers 201567, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Marvin Goodfriend & Bennett T. McCallum, 1988. "Theoretical analysis of the demand of money," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, vol. 74(Jan), pages 16-24.
- Jon Cockerline & John F. Helliwell & Robert Lafrance, 1990. "Multicountry modeling of financial markets," Proceedings, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), pages 305-363.
- Akhand Akhtar Hossain, 2009. "Central Banking and Monetary Policy in the Asia-Pacific," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 12777.
- Michael G. Porter, 1980. "Aspects of Monetary Theory and Policy," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 56(152), pages 1-16, March.
- Robert W. Dimand, 2014. "James Tobin and Modern Monetary Theory," Center for the History of Political Economy Working Paper Series 2014-5, Center for the History of Political Economy.
- Hans-Werner Sinn & Frank Westermann, 2001. "Why Has the Euro Been Falling? An Investigation into the Determinants of the Exchange Rate," NBER Working Papers 8352, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Oscar Bajo-Rubio & Sosvilla-Rivero Simon, 2001.
"A Quantitative Analysis of the Effects of Capital Controls: Spain, 1986-1990,"
International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(3), pages 129-146.
- Oscar Bajo-Rubio & Simón Sosvilla-Rivero, "undated". "A Quantitative Analysis of the Effects of Capital Controls: Spain, 1986-1990," Working Papers on International Economics and Finance 00-01, FEDEA.
- Oscar Bajo-Rubio & Simón Sosvilla-Rivero, 2000. "A Quantitative Analysis Of The Effects Of Capital Controls: Spain, 1986-1990," Working Papers 00-01, Asociación Española de Economía y Finanzas Internacionales.
- Zagaglia, Paolo, 2009. "Forecasting with a DSGE Model of the term Structure of Interest Rates: The Role of the Feedback," Research Papers in Economics 2009:14, Stockholm University, Department of Economics.
- Alberto Giovannini & Bart Turtelboom, 1992. "Currency Substitution," NBER Working Papers 4232, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daniel L. Thornton, 2000. "Money in a theory of exchange," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, vol. 82(Jan), pages 35-60.
- Hans-Werner Sinn & Frank Westermann, 2001. "Why Has the Euro Been Falling?," CESifo Working Paper Series 493, CESifo.
- Philip Gunby & Stephen Hickson, 2020. "Cashless Economies, Data Analysis, and Research-Based Teaching: The Versatility of the Velocity of Money for Teaching Macroeconomics," Working Papers in Economics 20/07, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Thomas Chiang & Jiandong Li & Sheng-Yung Yang, 2015. "Dynamic stock–bond return correlations and financial market uncertainty," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 45(1), pages 59-88, July.
- Andrés Schneider, 2010. "Gross Substitutability of Financial Assets: Effects on Monetary Policy," Ensayos Económicos, Central Bank of Argentina, Economic Research Department, vol. 1(60), pages 105-136, October -.
- Roberto Tamborini, 2007. "Rescuing the LM (and the money market) in a modern Macro course," Department of Economics Working Papers 0706, Department of Economics, University of Trento, Italia.
- Adeniji, Sesan, 2013. "Investigating the Relationship between Currency Substitution, Exchange Rate and Inflation in Nigeria: An Autoregressive Distributed Lag (ARDL) Approach," MPRA Paper 52551, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 28 Dec 2013.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:qjecon:v:115:y:2000:i:2:p:651-694.. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Oxford University Press or Christopher F. Baum (email available below). General contact details of provider: .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.