The use of propensity scores to assess the generalizability of results from randomized trials
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
References listed on IDEAS
- John Micklewright & Sylke V. Schnepf, 2010.
"How reliable are income data collected with a single question?,"
Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A,
Royal Statistical Society, vol. 173(2), pages 409-429.
- Micklewright, John & Schnepf, Sylke V., 2007. "How Reliable Are Income Data Collected with a Single Question?," IZA Discussion Papers 3177, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- John Micklewright & Sylke V. Schnepf, 2009. "How Reliable are Income Data Collected with a Single Question?," DoQSS Working Papers 09-03, Department of Quantitative Social Science - UCL Institute of Education, University College London.
- Nicholas Barr & Peter Diamond, 2006. "The Economics of Pensions," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(1), pages 15-39, Spring.
- Mathiowetz, Nancy A & Duncan, Greg J, 1988. "Out of Work, Out of Mind: Response Errors in Retrospective Reports of Unemployment," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 6(2), pages 221-229, April.
- Richard Blundell & Mike Brewer & Marco Francesconi, 2008.
"Job Changes and Hours Changes: Understanding the Path of Labor Supply Adjustment,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(3), pages 421-453, July.
- Blundell, Richard & Brewer, Mike & Francesconi, Marco, 2007. "Job Changes and Hours Changes: Understanding the Path of Labour Supply Adjustment," IZA Discussion Papers 3044, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- John Ermisch & Marco Francesconi, 2000. "Educational Choice, Families, and Young People's Earnings," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 35(1), pages 143-176.
- Marco Francesconi, 2005.
"An evaluation of the childhood family structure measures from the sixth wave of the British Household Panel Survey,"
Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A,
Royal Statistical Society, vol. 168(3), pages 539-566.
- Francesconi, Marco, 2002. "An evaluation of the childhood family structure measures from the sixth wave of the British Household Panel Survey," ISER Working Paper Series 2002-25, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Lorenzo Cappellari & Stephen P. Jenkins, 2008. "Estimating low pay transition probabilities accounting for endogenous selection mechanisms," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series C, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 57(2), pages 165-186.
- James Banks & Sarah Smith, 2006. "Retirement in the UK," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(1), pages 40-56, Spring.
- Dayal N & Gomulka J & Mitton L & Sutherland H, 2000. "Enhancing Family Resources Survey income data with expenditure data from the Family Expenditure Survey: data comparisons," Microsimulation Unit Research Notes MU/RN/40, Microsimulation Unit at the Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Koenker,Roger, 2005. "Quantile Regression," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521845731, March.
- Lumsdaine, Robin L. & Mitchell, Olivia S., 1999.
"New developments in the economic analysis of retirement,"
Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 49, pages 3261-3307
- Robin L. Lumsdaine & Olivia S. Mitchell, "undated". "New Developments in the Economic Analysis of Retirement," Pension Research Council Working Papers 98-8, Wharton School Pension Research Council, University of Pennsylvania.
- Sutherland, Holly & Piachaud, David, 2001. "Reducing Child Poverty in Britain: An Assessment of Government Policy 1997-2001," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 111(469), pages 85-101, February.
- Giorgina Brown & John Micklewright & Sylke V. Schnepf & Robert Waldmann, 2007. "International surveys of educational achievement: how robust are the findings?," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 170(3), pages 623-646.
- Mark B. Stewart, 2004.
"The Impact of the Introduction of the U.K. Minimum Wage on the Employment Probabilities of Low-Wage Workers,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 2(1), pages 67-97, March.
- Stewart, Mark B., 2002. "The Impact Of The Introduction Of The Uk Minimum Wage On The Employment Probabilities Of Low Wage Workers," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 630, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Stewart, Mark B., 2002. "The Impact of the Introduction of the UK Minimum Wage on the Employment Probabilities of Low Wage Workers," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2002 169, Royal Economic Society.
- Disney, Richard & Whitehouse, Edward, 1996. "What Are Occupational Pension Plan Entitlements Worth in Britain?," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 63(250), pages 213-238, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lara Hulsey & Joshua Leftin & Anne Gordon & Claire Smither Wulsin & Nicholas Redel & Allen Schirm & Nicholas Beyler & Sheila Heaviside & Brian Estes & Carole Trippe, "undated". "Year 2 Demonstration Impacts of Using Medicaid Data to Directly Certify Students for Free School Meals," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 2ce1e3c4e29a43e9aa574274d, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Hunt Allcott, 2012. "Site Selection Bias in Program Evaluation," NBER Working Papers 18373, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rajeev Dehejia & Cristian Pop-Eleches & Cyrus Samii, 2015.
"From Local to Global: External Validity in a Fertility Natural Experiment,"
NBER Working Papers
21459, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dehejia, Rajeev & Pop-Eleches, Cristian & Samii, Cyrus, 2015. "From Local to Global: External Validity in a Fertility Natural Experiment," IZA Discussion Papers 9300, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Rajeev H. Dehejia & Cristian Pop-Eleches & Cyrus Samii, 2015. "From Local to Global: External Validity in a Fertility Natural Experiment," CESifo Working Paper Series 5493, CESifo Group Munich.
- Peter Z. Schochet, 2015. "Statistical Theory for the RCT-YES Software: Design-Based Causal Inference for RCTs," Mathematica Policy Research Reports a0c005c003c242308a92c02dc, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Jens Ludwig & Jeffrey R. Kling & Sendhil Mullainathan, 2011. "Mechanism Experiments and Policy Evaluations," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 25(3), pages 17-38, Summer.
- Peters, Jörg & Langbein, Jörg & Roberts, Gareth, 2017. "Generalization in the Tropics: Development policy, randomized controlled trials, and external validity," Ruhr Economic Papers 716, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Jonathan M.V. Davis & Jonathan Guryan & Kelly Hallberg & Jens Ludwig, 2017. "The Economics of Scale-Up," NBER Working Papers 23925, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lara Hulsey & Anne Gordon & Joshua Leftin & Claire Smither-Wulsin & Allen Schirm & Nicholas Beyler & Anna Comerford & Jessica Galin & Brian Estes & Carole Trippe, 2015. "Evaluation of Demonstrations of National School Lunch Program and School Breakfast Program Direct Certification of Children Receiving Medicaid Benefits: Year 1 Report," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 856deb2700894609b7c26f577, Mathematica Policy Research.
- repec:bla:jorssb:v:79:y:2017:i:5:p:1509-1525 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lara Hulsey & Anne Gordon & Joshua Leftin & Nicholas Beyler & Allen Schirm & Claire Smither-Wulsin & Will Crumbley, 2015. "Evaluation of Demonstrations of National School Lunch Program and School Breakfast Program Direct Certification of Children Receiving Medicaid Benefits: Access Evaluation Report," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 60b99b345bf14b609348b48a6, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Das, Ashis & Friedman, Jed & Kandpal, Eeshani, 2014. "Does involvement of local NGOs enhance public service delivery ? cautionary evidence from a Malaria-prevention evaluation in India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6931, The World Bank.
- repec:mpr:mprres:8128 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lant Pritchett, Justin Sandefur, 2013. "Context Matters for Size: Why External Validity Claims and Development Practice Don't Mix-Working Paper 336," Working Papers 336, Center for Global Development.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jorssa:v:174:y:2011:i:2:p:369-386. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/rssssea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.