Determinants of Financial Inclusion in Africa: A Dynamic Panel Data Approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Fungáčová, Zuzana & Weill, Laurent, 2015.
"Understanding financial inclusion in China,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 196-206.
- Zuzana Fungácová & Laurent Weill, 2014. "Understanding Financial Inclusion in China," Working Papers of LaRGE Research Center 2014-06, Laboratoire de Recherche en Gestion et Economie (LaRGE), Université de Strasbourg.
- Fungáčová, Zuzana & Weill, Laurent, 2014. "Understanding financial inclusion in China," BOFIT Discussion Papers 10/2014, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Arellano, Manuel & Bover, Olympia, 1995.
"Another look at the instrumental variable estimation of error-components models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 29-51, July.
- M Arellano & O Bover, 1990. "Another Look at the Instrumental Variable Estimation of Error-Components Models," CEP Discussion Papers dp0007, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Franklin Allen & Elena Carletti & Robert Cull & Jun ‘QJ’ Qian & Lemma Senbet & Patricio Valenzuela, 2014.
"The African Financial Development and Financial Inclusion Gaps,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 23(5), pages 614-642.
- Allen, Franklin & Carletti, Elena & Cull, Robert & Qian, Jun & Senbet, Lemma & Valenzuela, Patricio, 2013. "The African Financial Development and Financial Inclusion Gaps," Working Papers 13-29, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School, Weiss Center.
- Franklin Allen & Elena Carletti & Robert Cull & Jun “Qj” Qian & Lemma Senbet & Patricio Valenzuela, 2013. "The African Financial Development and Financial Inclusion Gaps," Documentos de Trabajo 305, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Allen, Franklin & Carletti, Elena & Cull, Robert & Jun Qian & Senbet, Lemma & Valenzuela, Patricio, 2014. "The African financial development and financial inclusion gaps," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7019, The World Bank.
- Peter Dittus & Michael Klein, 2011. "On harnessing the potential of financial inclusion," BIS Working Papers 347, Bank for International Settlements.
- Pesaran, M. Hashem & Smith, Ron, 1995.
"Estimating long-run relationships from dynamic heterogeneous panels,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 79-113, July.
- Pesaran, M.H. & Smith, R., 1992. "Estimating Long-Run Relationships From Dynamic Heterogeneous Panels," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9215, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Adolfo Barajas & Ralph Chami & Seyed Reza Yousefi, 2016.
"The Finance and Growth Nexus Re-Examined: Do All Countries Benefit Equally?,"
Journal of Banking and Financial Economics,
University of Warsaw, Faculty of Management, vol. 1(5), pages 5-38, June.
- Adolfo Barajas & Ralph Chami & Reza Yousefi, 2013. "The Finance and Growth Nexus Re-Examined; Do All Countries Benefit Equally?," IMF Working Papers 13/130, International Monetary Fund.
- Nitin Kumar, 2013. "Financial inclusion and its determinants: evidence from India," Journal of Financial Economic Policy, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 5(1), pages 4-19, February.
- Sami Ben Naceur & Adolfo Barajas & Alexander Massara, 2017. "Can Islamic banking increase financial inclusion?," Chapters,in: Handbook of Empirical Research on Islam and Economic Life, chapter 9, pages 213-252 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Mohieldin , Mahmoud & Rostom , Ahmed & Fu, Xiaochen & Iqbal, Zamir, 2012.
"The Role of Islamic Finance in Enhancing Financial Inclusion in Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) Countries,"
Islamic Economic Studies,
The Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), vol. 20, pages 55-120.
- Mohieldin, Mahmoud & Iqbal, Zamir & Rostom, Ahmed & Fu, Xiaochen, 2011. "The role of Islamic finance in enhancing financial inclusion in organization of Islamic cooperation (OIC) countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5920, The World Bank.
- Banerjee, Abhijit V & Newman, Andrew F, 1993.
"Occupational Choice and the Process of Development,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(2), pages 274-298, April.
- Abhijit V. Banerjee & Andrew F. Newman, 1990. "Occupational Choice and the Process of Development," Discussion Papers 911, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Panicos Demetriades & Svetlana Andrianova, "undated". "Finance and Growth: What We Know and What We Need To Know," Discussion Papers in Economics 03/15, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Charles Goodhart, 2004. "Per Jacobsson Lecture: Some New Directions for Financial Stability?," FMG Special Papers sp158, Financial Markets Group.
- Nitin Kumar, 2013. "Financial inclusion and its determinants: evidence from India," Journal of Financial Economic Policy, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 5(1), pages 4-19, April.
- Pascaline Dupas & Jonathan Robinson, 2013.
"Savings Constraints and Microenterprise Development: Evidence from a Field Experiment in Kenya,"
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics,
American Economic Association, vol. 5(1), pages 163-192, January.
- Robinson, Jonathan & Dupas, Pascaline, 2009. "Savings Constraints and Microenterprise Development: Evidence from a Field Experiment in Kenya," Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt34w0w53t, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Pascaline Dupas & Jonathan Robinson, 2009. "Savings Constraints and Microenterprise Development: Evidence from a Field Experiment in Kenya," NBER Working Papers 14693, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Im, Kyung So & Pesaran, M. Hashem & Shin, Yongcheol, 2003.
"Testing for unit roots in heterogeneous panels,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 53-74, July.
- Pasaran, M.H. & Im, K.S. & Shin, Y., 1995. "Testing for Unit Roots in Heterogeneous Panels," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9526, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "IPSHIN: RATS procedure to implement Im, Pesaran and Shin panel unit root test," Statistical Software Components RTS00098, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Wolde-Rufael, Yemane, 2009. "Re-examining the financial development and economic growth nexus in Kenya," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 1140-1146, November.
- Aaron Mehrotra & James Yetman, 2015. "Financial inclusion - issues for central banks," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, March.
- Thorsten Beck & Asli Demirgüç-Kunt & Ross Levine, 2010. "Financial Institutions and Markets across Countries and over Time: The Updated Financial Development and Structure Database," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 24(1), pages 77-92, January.
- Margaret S. Sherraden & Michal Grinstein-Weiss, 2015. "Creating Financial Capability in the Next Generation: An Introduction to the Special Issue," Journal of Consumer Affairs, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(1), pages 1-12, March.
- Demirguc-Kunt Asli & Klapper Leora & Randall Douglas, 2014.
"Islamic Finance and Financial Inclusion: Measuring Use of and Demand for Formal Financial Services among Muslim Adults,"
Review of Middle East Economics and Finance,
De Gruyter, vol. 10(2), pages 1-42, August.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Klapper, Leora & Randall, Douglas, 2013. "Islamic finance and financial inclusion: measuring use of and demand for formal financial services among Muslim adults," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6642, The World Bank.
- Rajmund MIRDALA, 2012.
"Financial Deepening And Economic Growth In The European Transition Economies,"
Journal of Applied Economic Sciences,
Spiru Haret University, Faculty of Financial Management and Accounting Craiova, vol. 6(6(18)/ Su), pages 177-194.
- Mirdala, Rajmund, 2011. "Financial Deepening and Economic Growth in the European Transition Economies," MPRA Paper 33609, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nicola Jentzsch, 2012. "Implications of Mandatory Registration of Mobile Phone Users in Africa," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1192, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- J Neill Marshall, 2004. "Financial institutions in disadvantaged areas: a comparative analysis of policies encouraging financial inclusion in Britain and the United States," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 36(2), pages 241-261, February.
- Zhuang, Juzhong & Gunatilake, Herath & Niimi, Yoko & Ehsan Khan, Muhammad & Jiang, Yi & Hasan, Rana & Khor, Niny & S. Lagman-Martin, Anneli & Bracey, Pamela & Huang, Biao, 2009. "Financial Sector Development, Economic Growth, and Poverty Reduction: A Literature Review," ADB Economics Working Paper Series 173, Asian Development Bank.
- Felix Eschenbach, 2004. "Finance and Growth: A Survey of the Theoretical and Empirical Literature," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 04-039/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- David Tuesta & Gloria Sorensen & Adriana Haring & Noelia Camara, 2015. "Financial inclusion and its determinants: the case of Argentina," Working Papers 1503, BBVA Bank, Economic Research Department.
- Noelia Camara & Ximena Pena & David Tuesta, 2014. "Factors that Matter for Financial Inclusion: Evidence from Peru," Working Papers 1409, BBVA Bank, Economic Research Department.
- Babatunde .Wasiu. ADEOYE & Olufemi Muibi SAIBU, 2014. "Monetary Policy Shocks and Exchange Rate Volatility in Nigeria," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 4(4), pages 544-562, April.
- Manuel Arellano & Stephen Bond, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 277-297.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Christian Lambert Nguena & Roger Tsafack Nanfosso, 2013. "Financial Deepening Dynamics and Implication for Financial Policy Coordination in a Monetary Union: the case of WAEMU," AAYE Policy Research Working Paper Series 13_005, Association of African Young Economists, revised Nov 2013.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial inclusion; finance; dynamic panel data; Africa;
- G2 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services
- O1 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
- O16 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
- O17 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Formal and Informal Sectors; Shadow Economy; Institutional Arrangements
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-09-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2017-09-17 (Banking)
- NEP-FDG-2017-09-17 (Financial Development & Growth)
- NEP-FLE-2017-09-17 (Financial Literacy & Education)
- NEP-PAY-2017-09-17 (Payment Systems & Financial Technology)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:81326. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .