The role of Islamic finance in enhancing financial inclusion in organization of Islamic cooperation (OIC) countries
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Mohieldin , Mahmoud & Rostom , Ahmed & Fu, Xiaochen & Iqbal, Zamir, 2012. "The Role of Islamic Finance in Enhancing Financial Inclusion in Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) Countries," Islamic Economic Studies, The Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), vol. 20, pages 55-120.
References listed on IDEAS
- Thorsten Beck & Asli Demirgüç-Kunt, 2008. "Access to Finance: An Unfinished Agenda," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 22(3), pages 383-396, November.
- Nasim Shah Shirazi & Md. Fouad Bin Amin, 2009. "Poverty Elimination Through Potential Zakat Collection in the OIC-member Countries: Revisited," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 48(4), pages 739-754.
- Oded Galor & Joseph Zeira, 1993. "Income Distribution and Macroeconomics," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 60(1), pages 35-52.
- Nasim Shah Shirazi, 2006. "Providing For The Resource Shortfall For Poverty Elimination Through The Institution Of Zakat In Low-Income Muslim Countries," IIUM Journal of Economics and Management, IIUM Journal of Economis and Management, vol. 14(1), pages 1-28, December.
- W Jean Kwon, 2010. "An Analysis of Organisational, Market and Socio-cultural Factors Affecting the Supply of Insurance and Other Financial Services by Microfinance Institutions in Developing Economies," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 35(1), pages 130-160, January.
- Rocha, Roberto & Farazi, Subika & Khouri, Rania & Pearce, Douglas, 2011. "The status of bank lending to SMES in the Middle East and North Africa region : the results of a joint survey of the Union of Arab Bank and the World Bank," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5607, The World Bank.
- Coşgel, Metin, 2011. "The Long Divergence: How Islamic Law Held Back the Middle East. By Timur Kuran. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press, 2010. Pp.xvi, 405. $29.95, hardcover," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 71(04), pages 1114-1116, December.
- Ayyagari, Meghana & Beck, Thorsten & Demirguc-Kunt, Asl, 2003. "Small and medium enterprises across the globe : a new database," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3127, The World Bank.
- Gabriel Di Bella, 2011. "The Impact of the Global Financial Crisison Microfinance and Policy Implications," IMF Working Papers 11/175, International Monetary Fund.
- Ahmed, Habib, 2002. "Financing Microenterprises: An Analytical Study Of Islamic Microfinance Institutions," Islamic Economic Studies, The Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), vol. 9, pages 28-64.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sami Ben Naceur & Adolfo Barajas & Alexander Massara, 2017. "Can Islamic banking increase financial inclusion?," Chapters,in: Handbook of Empirical Research on Islam and Economic Life, chapter 9, pages 213-252 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Mohieldin, Mahmoud, 2012.
"Realizing the Potential of Islamic Finance,"
World Bank - Economic Premise,
The World Bank, issue 77, pages 1-7, March.
- Lebdaoui Hind & Wild Joerg, 2016. "Islamic Banking and Financial Development," Review of Middle East Economics and Finance, De Gruyter, vol. 12(2), pages 201-224, August.
- Novat Pugo Sambodo & Riswanti Budi Sekaringsih & Meikha Azzani & Esa Assyahid, 2016. "Indonesian Muslim Household Financial Inclusion Profile: Evidence from IFLS4 and IFLS5 Panel Data," Universitas Gadjah Mada Working Papers on Islamic Economics and Business 2017007, Universitas Gadjah Mada, Faculty of Economics and Business.
- ZOUARI, Zeineb & NABI, Mahmoud Sami, 2013.
"Enhancing the Enforceability of Islamic Microfinance Contracts in OIC countries,"
49816, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- ZOUARI, Zeineb & NABI, Mahmoud Sami, 2015. "Enhancing The Enforceability Of Islamic Microfinance Contracts In Oic Countries," Policy Papers 1435-2, The Islamic Research and Teaching Institute (IRTI).
- Demirguc-Kunt Asli & Klapper Leora & Randall Douglas, 2014.
"Islamic Finance and Financial Inclusion: Measuring Use of and Demand for Formal Financial Services among Muslim Adults,"
Review of Middle East Economics and Finance,
De Gruyter, vol. 10(2), pages 1-42, August.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Klapper, Leora & Randall, Douglas, 2013. "Islamic finance and financial inclusion: measuring use of and demand for formal financial services among Muslim adults," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6642, The World Bank.
- Simplice Asongu & Jacinta C. Nwachukwu, 2017.
"Recent finance advances in information technology for inclusive development: a survey,"
17/009, African Governance and Development Institute..
- Asongu, Simplice & Nwachukwu, Jacinta, 2017. "Recent finance advances in information technology for inclusive development: a survey," MPRA Paper 79638, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:ovi:oviste:v:xvii:y:2017:i:1:p:195-204 is not listed on IDEAS
- Akin, Tarik & Iqbal, Zamir & Mirakhor, Abbas, 2016. "The composite risk-sharing finance index: Implications for Islamic finance," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 18-25.
- repec:eee:intfin:v:48:y:2017:i:c:p:1-24 is not listed on IDEAS
- Asongu, Simplice & De Moor, Lieven, 2015.
"Recent advances in finance for inclusive development: a survey,"
67299, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Simplice Asongu & De Moor Lieven, 2015. "Recent advances in finance for inclusive development: a survey," Working Papers 15/005, African Governance and Development Institute..
- repec:eee:finsta:v:34:y:2018:i:c:p:12-43 is not listed on IDEAS
- Evans, Olaniyi, 2016. "Determinants of Financial Inclusion in Africa: A Dynamic Panel Data Approach," MPRA Paper 81326, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:riibaf:v:43:y:2018:i:c:p:1-14 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mirakhor, Abbas & Iqbal, Zamir, 2012. "Financial Inclusion: Islamic Finance Perspective," MPRA Paper 55977, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2012.
- Ahmed,Habib & Mohieldin,Mahmoud & Verbeek,Jos & Aboulmagd,Farida Wael, 2015. "On the sustainable development goals and the role of Islamic finance," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7266, The World Bank.
- Volker Nienhaus, 2014. "Religion and development," Chapters,in: Handbook on Islam and Economic Life, chapter 28, pages iii-iii Edward Elgar Publishing.
More about this item
KeywordsAccess to Finance; Debt Markets; Banks&Banking Reform; Emerging Markets; Islamic Finance;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-01-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2012-01-03 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-CWA-2012-01-03 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-MFD-2012-01-03 (Microfinance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:5920. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .