The role of Islamic finance in enhancing financial inclusion in organization of Islamic cooperation (OIC) countries
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Mohieldin , Mahmoud & Rostom , Ahmed & Fu, Xiaochen & Iqbal, Zamir, 2012. "The Role of Islamic Finance in Enhancing Financial Inclusion in Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) Countries," Islamic Economic Studies, The Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), vol. 20, pages 55-120.
References listed on IDEAS
- Thorsten Beck & Asli Demirgüç-Kunt, 2008. "Access to Finance: An Unfinished Agenda," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 22(3), pages 383-396, November.
- Nasim Shah Shirazi & Md. Fouad Bin Amin, 2009. "Poverty Elimination Through Potential Zakat Collection in the OIC-member Countries: Revisited," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 48(4), pages 739-754.
- Oded Galor & Joseph Zeira, 1993. "Income Distribution and Macroeconomics," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 60(1), pages 35-52.
- Nasim Shah Shirazi, 2006. "Providing For The Resource Shortfall For Poverty Elimination Through The Institution Of Zakat In Low-Income Muslim Countries," IIUM Journal of Economics and Management, IIUM Journal of Economis and Management, vol. 14(1), pages 1-28, December.
- W Jean Kwon, 2010. "An Analysis of Organisational, Market and Socio-cultural Factors Affecting the Supply of Insurance and Other Financial Services by Microfinance Institutions in Developing Economies," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 35(1), pages 130-160, January.
- Rocha, Roberto & Farazi, Subika & Khouri, Rania & Pearce, Douglas, 2011. "The status of bank lending to SMES in the Middle East and North Africa region : the results of a joint survey of the Union of Arab Bank and the World Bank," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5607, The World Bank.
- Coşgel, Metin, 2011. "The Long Divergence: How Islamic Law Held Back the Middle East. By Timur Kuran. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press, 2010. Pp.xvi, 405. $29.95, hardcover," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 71(04), pages 1114-1116, December.
- Ayyagari, Meghana & Beck, Thorsten & Demirguc-Kunt, Asl, 2003. "Small and medium enterprises across the globe : a new database," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3127, The World Bank.
- Gabriel Di Bella, 2011. "The Impact of the Global Financial Crisison Microfinance and Policy Implications," IMF Working Papers 11/175, International Monetary Fund.
- Ahmed, Habib, 2002. "Financing Microenterprises: An Analytical Study Of Islamic Microfinance Institutions," Islamic Economic Studies, The Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), vol. 9, pages 28-64.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sami Ben Naceur & Adolfo Barajas & Alexander Massara, 2017. "Can Islamic banking increase financial inclusion?," Chapters,in: Handbook of Empirical Research on Islam and Economic Life, chapter 9, pages 213-252 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Mohieldin, Mahmoud, 2012.
"Realizing the Potential of Islamic Finance,"
World Bank - Economic Premise,
The World Bank, issue 77, pages 1-7, March.
- Lebdaoui Hind & Wild Joerg, 2016. "Islamic Banking and Financial Development," Review of Middle East Economics and Finance, De Gruyter, vol. 12(2), pages 201-224, August.
- Novat Pugo Sambodo & Riswanti Budi Sekaringsih & Meikha Azzani & Esa Assyahid, 2016. "Indonesian Muslim Household Financial Inclusion Profile: Evidence from IFLS4 and IFLS5 Panel Data," Universitas Gadjah Mada Working Papers on Islamic Economics and Business 2017007, Universitas Gadjah Mada, Faculty of Economics and Business.
- ZOUARI, Zeineb & NABI, Mahmoud Sami, 2013.
"Enhancing the Enforceability of Islamic Microfinance Contracts in OIC countries,"
49816, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- ZOUARI, Zeineb & NABI, Mahmoud Sami, 2015. "Enhancing The Enforceability Of Islamic Microfinance Contracts In Oic Countries," Policy Papers 1435-2, The Islamic Research and Teaching Institute (IRTI).
- Demirguc-Kunt Asli & Klapper Leora & Randall Douglas, 2014.
"Islamic Finance and Financial Inclusion: Measuring Use of and Demand for Formal Financial Services among Muslim Adults,"
Review of Middle East Economics and Finance,
De Gruyter, vol. 10(2), pages 1-42, August.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Klapper, Leora & Randall, Douglas, 2013. "Islamic finance and financial inclusion: measuring use of and demand for formal financial services among Muslim adults," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6642, The World Bank.
- Simplice Asongu & Jacinta C. Nwachukwu, 2017.
"Recent finance advances in information technology for inclusive development: a survey,"
17/009, African Governance and Development Institute..
- Asongu, Simplice & Nwachukwu, Jacinta, 2017. "Recent finance advances in information technology for inclusive development: a survey," MPRA Paper 79638, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:ovi:oviste:v:xvii:y:2017:i:1:p:195-204 is not listed on IDEAS
- Akin, Tarik & Iqbal, Zamir & Mirakhor, Abbas, 2016. "The composite risk-sharing finance index: Implications for Islamic finance," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 18-25.
- repec:eee:intfin:v:48:y:2017:i:c:p:1-24 is not listed on IDEAS
- Asongu, Simplice & De Moor, Lieven, 2015.
"Recent advances in finance for inclusive development: a survey,"
67299, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Simplice Asongu & De Moor Lieven, 2015. "Recent advances in finance for inclusive development: a survey," Working Papers 15/005, African Governance and Development Institute..
- Evans, Olaniyi, 2016. "Determinants of Financial Inclusion in Africa: A Dynamic Panel Data Approach," MPRA Paper 81326, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:riibaf:v:43:y:2018:i:c:p:1-14 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mirakhor, Abbas & Iqbal, Zamir, 2012. "Financial Inclusion: Islamic Finance Perspective," MPRA Paper 55977, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2012.
- Ahmed,Habib & Mohieldin,Mahmoud & Verbeek,Jos & Aboulmagd,Farida Wael, 2015. "On the sustainable development goals and the role of Islamic finance," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7266, The World Bank.
- Volker Nienhaus, 2014. "Religion and development," Chapters,in: Handbook on Islam and Economic Life, chapter 28, pages iii-iii Edward Elgar Publishing.
More about this item
KeywordsAccess to Finance; Debt Markets; Banks&Banking Reform; Emerging Markets; Islamic Finance;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-01-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2012-01-03 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-CWA-2012-01-03 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-MFD-2012-01-03 (Microfinance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:5920. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.