Islamic finance and financial inclusion: measuring use of and demand for formal financial services among Muslim adults
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Demirguc-Kunt Asli & Klapper Leora & Randall Douglas, 2014. "Islamic Finance and Financial Inclusion: Measuring Use of and Demand for Formal Financial Services among Muslim Adults," Review of Middle East Economics and Finance, De Gruyter, vol. 10(2), pages 1-42, August.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bianca Clausen & Aart Kraay & Zsolt Nyiri, 2011.
"Corruption and Confidence in Public Institutions: Evidence from a Global Survey,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 25(2), pages 212-249.
- Clausen, Bianca & Kraay, Aart & Nyiri, Zsolt, 2009. "Corruption and confidence in public institutions : evidence from a global survey," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5157, The World Bank.
- Mohieldin , Mahmoud & Rostom , Ahmed & Fu, Xiaochen & Iqbal, Zamir, 2012.
"The Role of Islamic Finance in Enhancing Financial Inclusion in Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) Countries,"
Islamic Economic Studies,
The Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), vol. 20, pages 55-120.
- Mohieldin, Mahmoud & Iqbal, Zamir & Rostom, Ahmed & Fu, Xiaochen, 2011. "The role of Islamic finance in enhancing financial inclusion in organization of Islamic cooperation (OIC) countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5920, The World Bank.
- David G. Blanchflower & Phillip B. Levine & David J. Zimmerman, 2003.
"Discrimination in the Small-Business Credit Market,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 85(4), pages 930-943, November.
- David G. Blanchflower & Phillip B. Levine & David J. Zimmerman, 1998. "Discrimination in the Small Business Credit Market," NBER Working Papers 6840, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard L. Peterson, 1981. "An Investigation of Sex Discrimination in Commercial Banks' Direct Consumer Lending," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 12(2), pages 547-561, Autumn.
- Guiso, Luigi & Sapienza, Paola & Zingales, Luigi, 2003.
"People's opium? Religion and economic attitudes,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 225-282, January.
- Luigi Guiso & Paola Sapienza & Luigi Zingales, 2002. "People's Opium? Religion and Economic Attitudes," NBER Working Papers 9237, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Guiso, Luigi & Sapienza, Paola & Zingales, Luigi, 2002. "People's Opium? Religion and Economic Attitudes," CEPR Discussion Papers 3588, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kuran, Timur, 2005. "The logic of financial westernization in the Middle East," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 56(4), pages 593-615, April.
- Grosjean, Pauline, 2011. "The institutional legacy of the Ottoman Empire: Islamic rule and financial development in South Eastern Europe," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 1-16, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Meslier, Céline & Risfandy, Tastaftiyan & Tarazi, Amine, 2017.
"Dual market competition and deposit rate setting in Islamic and conventional banks,"
Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 318-333.
- Céline Meslier-Crouzille & Tastaftiyan Risfandy & Amine Tarazi, 2016. "Dual Market Competition and Deposit Rate Setting in Islamic and Conventional Banks," Working Papers hal-01360021, HAL.
- Céline Meslier-Crouzille & Tastaftiyan Risfandy & Amine Tarazi, 2017. "Dual Market Competition and Deposit Rate Setting in Islamic and Conventional Banks," Post-Print hal-01471747, HAL.
- Ansart, Sandrine & Monvoisin, Virginie, 2017. "The new monetary and financial initiatives: Finance regaining its position as servant of the economy," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 39(PB), pages 750-760.
- Fungáčová, Zuzana & Weill, Laurent, 2015.
"Understanding financial inclusion in China,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 196-206.
- Zuzana Fungácová & Laurent Weill, 2014. "Understanding Financial Inclusion in China," Working Papers of LaRGE Research Center 2014-06, Laboratoire de Recherche en Gestion et Economie (LaRGE), Université de Strasbourg.
- Fungáčová, Zuzana & Weill, Laurent, 2014. "Understanding financial inclusion in China," BOFIT Discussion Papers 10/2014, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Imam, Patrick & Kpodar, Kangni, 2016. "Islamic banking: Good for growth?," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 387-401.
- Kumru, Cagri S. & Sarntisart, Saran, 2016. "Banking for those unwilling to bank: Implications of Islamic banking systems," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 1-12.
- Ghosh, Saibal & Vinod, D., 2017. "What Constrains Financial Inclusion for Women? Evidence from Indian Micro data," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 60-81.
- Evans, Olaniyi, 2016. "Determinants of Financial Inclusion in Africa: A Dynamic Panel Data Approach," MPRA Paper 81326, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Herrala, Risto & Turk-Ariss, Rima, 2016. "Capital accumulation in a politically unstable region," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 1-15.
- Evans, Olaniyi, 2015. "The Effects of Economic and Financial Development on Financial Inclusion in Africa," MPRA Paper 81325, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:finsta:v:31:y:2017:i:c:p:18-44 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsAccess to Finance; Banks&Banking Reform; Islamic Finance; Debt Markets; Emerging Markets;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-10-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2013-10-25 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-IUE-2013-10-25 (Informal & Underground Economics)
- NEP-MFD-2013-10-25 (Microfinance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:6642. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .