Interest Rates, Exchange Rates and Macroeconomic Performance
In recent years, there has been a renewed interest in the fact that a change in exchange rates has an impact on main economic indicators and therefore on macroeconomic performance. The aim of this paper is to study the implications of the relationship between exchange rates and changes in short-term interest rates on macroeconomic performance in the Turkish economy. The results of this study show that monetary policy shocks may affect financial sector and real sector through exchange rates.
|Date of creation:||13 Oct 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kim, Jung-Kwan & Ratti, Ronald A., 2006. "Economic activity, foreign exchange rate, and the interest rate during the Asian crisis," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 387-402, May.
- Ilan Goldfajn & Taimur Baig, 1999.
"Monetary policy in the aftermath of currency crisis: the case of Asia,"
Textos para discussão
399, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Baig, Taimur & Goldfajn, Ilan, 2002. "Monetary Policy in the Aftermath of Currency Crises: The Case of Asia," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(1), pages 92-112, February.
- Taimur Baig & Ilan Goldfajn, 1998. "Monetary Policy in the Aftermath of Currency Crisis; The Case of Asia," IMF Working Papers 98/170, International Monetary Fund.
- Dickey, David A & Fuller, Wayne A, 1981. "Likelihood Ratio Statistics for Autoregressive Time Series with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 1057-72, June.
- Dekle, Robert & Hsiao, Cheng & Wang, Siyan, 2001. " Do High Interest Rates Appreciate Exchange Rates during Crisis? The Korean Evidence," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 63(3), pages 359-80, July.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Andrea Cipollini & Panicos Demetriades, 2000.
"Monetary Policy and the Exchange Rate During the Asian Crisis Identification Through Heteroscedasticity,"
Discussion Papers in Economics
00/11, Department of Economics, University of Leicester, revised Feb 2002.
- Caporale, Guglielmo Maria & Cipollini, Andrea & Demetriades, Panicos O., 2005. "Monetary policy and the exchange rate during the Asian crisis: identification through heteroscedasticity," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 39-53, February.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Andrea Cipollini & Panicos Demetriades, 2003. "Monetary Policy and the Exchange Rate During the Asian Crisis: Identification Through Heteroscedasticity," CEIS Research Paper 23, Tor Vergata University, CEIS.
- Peersman, Gert & Smets, Frank, 2001. "The monetary transmission mechanism in the euro area: more evidence from VAR analysis," Working Paper Series 0091, European Central Bank.
- Michael R. Wickens & Roberto Motto, 2001. "Estimating shocks and impulse response functions," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 371-387.
- Zettelmeyer, Jeromin, 2004.
"The impact of monetary policy on the exchange rate: evidence from three small open economies,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 635-652, April.
- Jeromin Zettelmeyer, 2000. "The Impact of Monetary Policyon the Exchange Rate; Evidence From Three Small Open Economies," IMF Working Papers 00/141, International Monetary Fund.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:50838. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.