Análise de Insumo-Produto: Teoria e Fundamentos
[Input-Output Analysis: Theory and Foundations]
This paper presents, in Portuguese, an overview of the input-output theory, originally developed by Wassily Leontief. The first and second chapters present the background of the theory of input-output, placing the work of Leontief in a historical view. Chapter 3 presents the basic theory of input-output. Chapter 4 deals with how the input-output data is overall processed and disseminated by the statistical agencies, and specifically by the Brazilian statistical office (IBGE), and how this information can be analyzed to allow the system to work with the original Leontief model. Chapter 5 deals with how the original Leontief model, developed for a national economy can be extended to the analysis of regional economies, either for a single region or for several interconnected regions. Chapter 6 presents the basic methods of analysis used with input-output models. Chapter 7 deals with the use of input-output in modeling environmental issues. The discussion of how input-output matrices can be obtained by using census and non-census methods is made in Chapter 8. Finally, Chapter 9 aims to present the various possible applications of input-output analysis, while at the same time, outlining the possible future paths in terms of using this powerful tool of analysis.
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Guilhoto, Joaquim José Martins, 1986. "A model for economic planning and analysis for the brazilian economy," MPRA Paper 53944, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Christian Gehrke, 2000. "Alfred Kahler's Die Theorie der Arbeiterfreisetzung durch die Maschine : An Early Contribution to the Analysis of the Impact of Automation on Workers," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(2), pages 199-214.
- Leontief, Wassily, 1991. "The economy as a circular flow," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 181-212, June.
- Heinz Kurz & Neri Salvadori, 2000. "'Classical' Roots of Input-Output Analysis: A Short Account of its Long Prehistory," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(2), pages 153-179.
- William Baumol, 2000. "Leontief's Great Leap Forward: Beyond Quesnay, Marx and von Bortkiewicz," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(2), pages 141-152.
- Decaluwe, Bernard & Martens, Andre, 1988.
"CGE modeling and developing economies: A concise empirical survey of 73 applications to 26 countries,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 529-568.
- Decaluwe, B. & Martens, A., 1988. "Cge Modeling And Developing Economies: A Concise Empirical Survey Of 73 Applications To 26 Countries," Papers 8816, Laval - Recherche en Politique Economique.
- Pereira, Alfredo M. & Shoven, John B., 1988. "Survey of dynamic computational general equilibrium models for tax policy evaluation," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 401-436.
- Moretto, Antonio Carlos & Guilhoto, Joaquim José Martins, 1999. "Synergetic interactions among four regions in the state of Paraná, Brazil: an interregional input-output analysis," MPRA Paper 54672, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Labandeira, Xavier & Labeaga, Jose M., 2002. "Estimation and control of Spanish energy-related CO2 emissions: an input-output approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(7), pages 597-611, June.
- Guilhoto, Joaquim J.M., 1999. "Decomposition and synergy; a study of the interactions and dependence among the five Brazilian macro-regions," ERSA conference papers ersa99pa170, European Regional Science Association.
- Clements, Benedict J., 1990. "On the decomposition and normalization of interindustry linkages," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 337-340, August.
- de Melo, Jaime, 1988. "Computable general equilibrium models for trade policy analysis in developing countries: A survey," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 469-503.
- Guilhoto, J. J. M. & Sesso Filho, U. A., 2005.
"Estimação da Matriz Insumo-Produto a Partir De Dados Preliminares das Contas Nacionais
[Estimation of input-output matrix using preliminary data from national accounts]," MPRA Paper 38212, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Guilhoto, J. J. M. & Sonis, M. & Hewings, G. J. D., 2005. "Linkages and Multipliers in a Multiregional Framework: Integration of Alternative Approaches," MPRA Paper 38213, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- West, Guy R. & Jackson, Randall W., 1998. "Input-Output+Econometric and Econometric+Input-Output: Model Differences or Different Models?," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 28(1).
- Manne, Alan S., 1974. "Multi-sector models for development planning : A survey," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 43-69, April.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521070935 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:fgv:epgrbe:v:41:n:1:a:4 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:fgv:epgrbe:v:52:n:3:a:4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Doeksen, Gerald A. & Little, Charles H., 1968. "Effect of Size of the Input-Output Model on the Results of an Impact Analysis," Agricultural Economics Research, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service, issue 4.
- Leontief, Wassily, 1974. "Structure of the World Economy: Outline of a Simple Input-Output Formulation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(6), pages 823-34, December.
- Robinson, Sherman & Roland-Holst, David W., 1988. "Macroeconomic structure and computable general equilibrium models," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 353-375.
- Ian Steedman, 2000. "Income Distribution, Foreign Trade and the Value-Added Vector," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(2), pages 221-230.
- Bandara, Jayatilleke S, 1991. " Computable General Equilibrium Models for Development Policy Analysis in LDCs," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(1), pages 3-69.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521266550 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:fgv:epgrbe:v:41:n:1:a:3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Guilhoto, Joaquim José Martins & Sonis, Michael & Hewings, Geoffrey J.D., 1999. "Multiplier product matrix analysis for interregional input-output systems: an application to the Brazilian economy," MPRA Paper 54671, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Drud, Arne & Grais, Wafik & Pyatt, Graham, 1986. "Macroeconomic modeling based on social-accounting principles," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 111-145.
- Guilhoto, Joaquim J.M., 1995.
"Um modelo computável de equilíbrio geral para planejamento e análise de políticas agrícolas (PAPA) na economia brasileira
[A computable general equilibrium model for planning and analysis of agricu," MPRA Paper 42349, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:fgv:epgrbe:v:53:n:4:a:4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Guilhoto, Joaquim J. M. & Hewings, Geoffrey J. D. & Sonis, Michael & Guo, Jiemin, 2001. "Economic structural change over time: Brazil and the United States compared," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 703-711, August.
- Guilhoto, Joaquim José M. & Fonseca, Manuel Alcino R. Da, 1987. "Uma análise dos efeitos econômicos de estratégias setoriais," Revista Brasileira de Economia, FGV/EPGE Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil), vol. 41(1), January.
- Leontief, Wassily, 1977. "The future of the world economy+," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 171-182.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521832380 is not listed on IDEAS
- Christian Lager, 2000. "Production, Prices and Time: A Comparison of Some Alternative Concepts," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(2), pages 231-253.
- repec:lrk:lrkwkp:fiirs006 is not listed on IDEAS
- Victor Ginsburgh & Jean Waelbroeck, 1981. "Activity analysis and general equilibrium modelling," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/1649, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Leontief, Wassily, 1970. "Environmental Repercussions and the Economic Structure: An Input-Output Approach," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 52(3), pages 262-71, August.
- Pyatt, Graham, 1988. "A SAM approach to modeling," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 327-352.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:32566. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.