Análise de Insumo-Produto: Teoria e Fundamentos
[Input-Output Analysis: Theory and Foundations]
This paper presents, in Portuguese, an overview of the input-output theory, originally developed by Wassily Leontief. The first and second chapters present the background of the theory of input-output, placing the work of Leontief in a historical view. Chapter 3 presents the basic theory of input-output. Chapter 4 deals with how the input-output data is overall processed and disseminated by the statistical agencies, and specifically by the Brazilian statistical office (IBGE), and how this information can be analyzed to allow the system to work with the original Leontief model. Chapter 5 deals with how the original Leontief model, developed for a national economy can be extended to the analysis of regional economies, either for a single region or for several interconnected regions. Chapter 6 presents the basic methods of analysis used with input-output models. Chapter 7 deals with the use of input-output in modeling environmental issues. The discussion of how input-output matrices can be obtained by using census and non-census methods is made in Chapter 8. Finally, Chapter 9 aims to present the various possible applications of input-output analysis, while at the same time, outlining the possible future paths in terms of using this powerful tool of analysis.
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- de Melo, Jaime, 1988. "Computable general equilibrium models for trade policy analysis in developing countries: A survey," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 469-503.
- Guilhoto, Joaquim José Martins & Sonis, Michael & Hewings, Geoffrey J.D., 1999. "Multiplier product matrix analysis for interregional input-output systems: an application to the Brazilian economy," MPRA Paper 54671, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Guilhoto, Joaquim J.M., 1995.
"Um modelo computável de equilíbrio geral para planejamento e análise de políticas agrícolas (PAPA) na economia brasileira
[A computable general equilibrium model for planning and analysis of agricu," MPRA Paper 42349, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Victor Ginsburgh & Jean Waelbroeck, 1981. "Activity analysis and general equilibrium modelling," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/1649, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Guilhoto, J. J. M. & Sesso Filho, U. A., 2005.
"Estimação da Matriz Insumo-Produto a Partir De Dados Preliminares das Contas Nacionais
[Estimation of input-output matrix using preliminary data from national accounts]," MPRA Paper 38212, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Drud, Arne & Grais, Wafik & Pyatt, Graham, 1986. "Macroeconomic modeling based on social-accounting principles," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 111-145.
- Shoven,John B. & Whalley,John, 1992.
"Applying General Equilibrium,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521266550, Diciembre.
- Shoven,John B. & Whalley,John, 1992. "Applying General Equilibrium," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521319867, Diciembre.
- Miller,Ronald E. & Blair,Peter D., 2009. "Input-Output Analysis," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521517133, Diciembre.
- Miller,Ronald E. & Blair,Peter D., 2009. "Input-Output Analysis," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521739023, Diciembre.
- Hertel, Thomas, 1997. "Global Trade Analysis: Modeling and applications," GTAP Books, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University, number 7685, April.
- Robinson, Sherman & Roland-Holst, David W., 1988. "Macroeconomic structure and computable general equilibrium models," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 353-375.
- West, Guy R. & Jackson, Randall W., 1998. "Input-Output+Econometric and Econometric+Input-Output: Model Differences or Different Models?," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 28(1).
- Pereira, Alfredo M. & Shoven, John B., 1988. "Survey of dynamic computational general equilibrium models for tax policy evaluation," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 401-436.
- Leontief, Wassily, 1977. "The future of the world economy+," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 171-182.
- Labandeira, Xavier & Labeaga, Jose M., 2002. "Estimation and control of Spanish energy-related CO2 emissions: an input-output approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(7), pages 597-611, June.
- Clements, Benedict J., 1990. "On the decomposition and normalization of interindustry linkages," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 337-340, August.
- Manne, Alan S., 1974. "Multi-sector models for development planning : A survey," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 43-69, April.
- Leontief, Wassily, 1991. "The economy as a circular flow," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 181-212, June.
- Moretto, Antonio Carlos & Guilhoto, Joaquim José Martins, 1999. "Synergetic interactions among four regions in the state of Paraná, Brazil: an interregional input-output analysis," MPRA Paper 54672, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Doeksen, Gerald A. & Little, Charles H., 1968. "Effect of Size of the Input-Output Model on the Results of an Impact Analysis," Agricultural Economics Research, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service, issue 4.
- Decaluwe, Bernard & Martens, Andre, 1988. "CGE modeling and developing economies: A concise empirical survey of 73 applications to 26 countries," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 529-568.
- Decaluwe, B. & Martens, A., 1988. "Cge Modeling And Developing Economies: A Concise Empirical Survey Of 73 Applications To 26 Countries," Papers 8816, Laval - Recherche en Politique Economique.
- Guilhoto, Joaquim J.M., 1999. "Decomposition and synergy; a study of the interactions and dependence among the five Brazilian macro-regions," ERSA conference papers ersa99pa170, European Regional Science Association.
- Guilhoto, J. J. M. & Sonis, M. & Hewings, G. J. D., 2005. "Linkages and Multipliers in a Multiregional Framework: Integration of Alternative Approaches," MPRA Paper 38213, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ian Steedman, 2000. "Income Distribution, Foreign Trade and the Value-Added Vector," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(2), pages 221-230.
- repec:lrk:lrkwkp:fiirs006 is not listed on IDEAS
- Christian Gehrke, 2000. "Alfred Kahler's Die Theorie der Arbeiterfreisetzung durch die Maschine : An Early Contribution to the Analysis of the Impact of Automation on Workers," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(2), pages 199-214.
- Guilhoto, Joaquim José M. & Fonseca, Manuel Alcino R. Da, 1987. "Uma análise dos efeitos econômicos de estratégias setoriais," Revista Brasileira de Economia - RBE, FGV/EPGE - Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil), vol. 41(1), January.
- teixeira, Erly Cardoso, 1998. "Impact of the Uruguay Round Agreement and Mercosul on the Brazilian Economy," Revista Brasileira de Economia - RBE, FGV/EPGE - Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil), vol. 52(3), July.
- William Baumol, 2000. "Leontief's Great Leap Forward: Beyond Quesnay, Marx and von Bortkiewicz," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(2), pages 141-152.
- Guilhoto, Joaquim José Martins, 1986. "A model for economic planning and analysis for the brazilian economy," MPRA Paper 53944, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bandara, Jayatilleke S, 1991. " Computable General Equilibrium Models for Development Policy Analysis in LDCs," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(1), pages 3-69.
- Heinz Kurz & Neri Salvadori, 2000. "'Classical' Roots of Input-Output Analysis: A Short Account of its Long Prehistory," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(2), pages 153-179.
- Pyatt, Graham, 1988. "A SAM approach to modeling," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 327-352.
- Leontief, Wassily, 1970. "Environmental Repercussions and the Economic Structure: An Input-Output Approach," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 52(3), pages 262-271, August.
- Christian Lager, 2000. "Production, Prices and Time: A Comparison of Some Alternative Concepts," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(2), pages 231-253.
- Guilhoto, Joaquim J. M. & Hewings, Geoffrey J. D. & Sonis, Michael & Guo, Jiemin, 2001. "Economic structural change over time: Brazil and the United States compared," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 703-711, August.
- Leontief, Wassily, 1974. "Structure of the World Economy: Outline of a Simple Input-Output Formulation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(6), pages 823-834, December. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)