Positive but also negative effects of ethnic diversity in schools on educational performance? An empirical test using cross-national PISA data
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ewijk, R. van & Sleegers, P, "undated". "The effect of peer socioeconomic status on student achievement: a meta-analysis," Working Papers 20, Top Institute for Evidence Based Education Research.
- Jaap Dronkers & Manon de Heus, 2012. "The Educational Performance of Children of Immigrants in Sixteen OECD Countries," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 1210, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Ganzeboom, H.B.G. & de Graaf, P.M. & Treiman, D.J. & de Leeuw, J., 1992. "A standard international socio-economic index of occupational status," WORC Paper 85970031-d601-46e3-befb-1, Tilburg University, Work and Organization Research Centre.
- Dronkers, Jaap & Heus, Manon de, 2009. "Negative selectivity of Europe’s guest-worker immigration?," MPRA Paper 22213, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Levels, Mark & Dronkers, Jaap Dronkers & Kraaykamp, Gerbert, 2006. "Educational Achievement of Immigrant Children in Western Countries: Origin, Destination, and Community Effects on Mathematical Performance," MPRA Paper 21653, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- André, Stéfani & Dronkers, Jaap & Fleischmann, Fenella, 2008.
"Verschillen in groepsdiscriminatie, zoals waargenomen door immigranten uit verschillende herkomstlanden in veertien lidstaten van de Europese Unie
[Perception of in-group discrimination among immig," MPRA Paper 22019, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dietlind Stolle & Stuart Soroka & Richard Johnston, 2008. "When Does Diversity Erode Trust? Neighborhood Diversity, Interpersonal Trust and the Mediating Effect of Social Interactions," Political Studies, Political Studies Association, vol. 56, pages 57-75, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Facundo Albornoz & Antonio Cabrales & Esther Hauk, 2011.
"Immigration and the School System,"
590, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Cabrales, Antonio & Albornoz, Facundo & Hauk, Esther, 2012. "Immigration and the school system," UC3M Working papers. Economics we1203, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Facundo Albornoz & Antonio Cabrales & Esther Hauk, 2011. "Immigration and the School System," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 888.11, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Albornoz-Crespo, Facundo & Cabrales, Antonio & Hauk, Esther, 2011. "Immigration and the School System," CEPR Discussion Papers 8653, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Deborah A. Cobb-Clarke & Mathias Sinning & Steven Stillman, 2011.
"Migrant Youths' Educational Achievement: The Role of Institutions,"
ANU Working Papers in Economics and Econometrics
2011-565, Australian National University, College of Business and Economics, School of Economics.
- Cobb-Clark, Deborah A. & Sinning, Mathias & Stillman, Steven, 2011. "Migrant Youths' Educational Achievement: The Role of Institutions," Ruhr Economic Papers 292, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Deborah Cobb-Clark & Mathias Sinning & Steven Stillman, 2011. "Migrant Youths' Educational Achievement: The Role of Institutions," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 1120, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Cobb-Clark, Deborah A. & Sinning, Mathias & Stillman, Steven, 2011. "Migrant Youths' Educational Achievement: The Role of Institutions," IZA Discussion Papers 6150, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Deborah A. Cobb-Clark & Mathias Sinning & Steven Stillman, 2011. "Migrant Youths' Educational Achievement: The Role of Institutions," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2011n25, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Calero, Jorge & Escardíbul, J. Oriol, 2016. "Proceso educativo y resultados del alumnado nativo y de origen inmigrante en España. Un análisis basado en PISA-2012/Educational Process and Native and Immigrant Students? Results. An Analysis Based o," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 34, pages 413-438, Mayo.
- repec:zbw:rwirep:0292 is not listed on IDEAS
- Deborah A. Cobb-Clark & Mathias Sinning & Steven Stillman, 2011. "Migrant Youths‘ Educational Achievement: The Role of Institutions," Ruhr Economic Papers 0292, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Prokic-Breuer Tijana & Dronkers Jaap, 2012. "The high performance of Dutch and Flemish 15-year-old native pupils: Explaining country differences in math scores between highly stratified educational systems," Research Memorandum 039, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Maestri, Virginia, 2009. "Can ethnic diversity have a positive effect on school achievement?," MPRA Paper 31547, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Apr 2011.
More about this item
Keywordsimmigration; educational performance; country of origin; ethnic school diversity; social-economic school diversity; ethnic and social-economic share/average of schools; educational systems;
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-10-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2010-10-09 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-EDU-2010-10-09 (Education)
- NEP-LAB-2010-10-09 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-MIG-2010-10-09 (Economics of Human Migration)
- NEP-URE-2010-10-09 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:25598. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .