The positive effects of ethnic diversity in class on the educational performance of pupils in a multi-ethnic European metropole
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Levels, Mark & Dronkers, Jaap Dronkers & Kraaykamp, Gerbert, 2006. "Educational Achievement of Immigrant Children in Western Countries: Origin, Destination, and Community Effects on Mathematical Performance," MPRA Paper 21653, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Françoise Benhamou & Stéphanie Peltier, 2007. "How should cultural diversity be measured? An application using the French publishing industry," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 31(2), pages 85-107, June.
- Dietlind Stolle & Stuart Soroka & Richard Johnston, 2008. "When Does Diversity Erode Trust? Neighborhood Diversity, Interpersonal Trust and the Mediating Effect of Social Interactions," Political Studies, Political Studies Association, vol. 56, pages 57-75, March.
- Maestri, Virginia, 2009. "Can ethnic diversity have a positive effect on school achievement?," MPRA Paper 31547, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Apr 2011.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sjaak Braster & Jaap Dronkers, 2014. "Does regional ethnic diversity moderate the negative effect of school ethnic diversity on educational performance?," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 1430, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
More about this item
Keywordsethnic diversity; educational performance; classroom effects; multi-ethnic cities;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-08-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEM-2013-08-16 (Demographic Economics)
- NEP-EDU-2013-08-16 (Education)
- NEP-EUR-2013-08-16 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-MIG-2013-08-16 (Economics of Human Migration)
- NEP-SOC-2013-08-16 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
- NEP-SPO-2013-08-16 (Sports & Economics)
- NEP-URE-2013-08-16 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:crm:wpaper:1318. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CReAM Administrator) or (Thomas Cornelissen). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cmucluk.html .