Do supermarkets reduce the number of traditional bookshops? An empirical application to the textbook market in Spain
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Vidar Ringstad & Knut Løyland, 2006. "The Demand for Books Estimated by Means of Consumer Survey Data," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 30(2), pages 141-155, September.
- Juan Jiménez & Javier Campos, 2010. "Modelling Competition in the Textbook Market: Some Lessons still to Learn," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 71-85, March.
- Neil Wrigley & Julia Branson & Andrew Murdock & Graham Clarke, 2009.
"Extending the Competition Commission’s findings on entry and exit of small stores in British high streets: implications for competition and planning policy,"
Environment and Planning A,
Pion Ltd, London, vol. 41(9), pages 2063-2085, September.
- Neil Wrigley & Julia Branson & Andrew Murdock & Graham Clarke, 2009. "Extending the Competition Commission's Findings on Entry and Exit of Small Stores in British High Streets: Implications for Competition and Planning Policy," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 41(9), pages 2063-2085, September.
- Steven C. Salop, 1979. "Monopolistic Competition with Outside Goods," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 10(1), pages 141-156, Spring.
- Siegfried, John J. & Latta, Christopher, 1998. "Competition in the Retail College Textbook Market," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 105-115, February.
- Françoise Benhamou & Stéphanie Peltier, 2007. "How should cultural diversity be measured? An application using the French publishing industry," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 31(2), pages 85-107, June.
More about this item
KeywordsTextbooks; Competition; Regional economic activity;
- Z11 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economics of the Arts and Literature
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-08-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2011-08-22 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-EUR-2011-08-22 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-GEO-2011-08-22 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-HME-2011-08-22 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-MKT-2011-08-22 (Marketing)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cue:wpaper:awp-02-2011. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Juan Prieto-Rodriguez) or (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aceiiea.html .