Are Books Luxury Goods in Russia or not?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Vidar Ringstad & Knut Løyland, 2006. "The Demand for Books Estimated by Means of Consumer Survey Data," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 30(2), pages 141-155, September.
- Clerides, Sofronis K., 2002. "Book value: intertemporal pricing and quality discrimination in the US market for books," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 20(10), pages 1385-1408, December.
- Christina Schmidt-Stolting & Eva Blomeke & Michel Clement, 2011. "Success Drivers of Fiction Books: An Empirical Analysis of Hardcover and Paperback Editions in Germany," Journal of Media Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(1), pages 24-47.
- Canoy, Marcel & van Ours, Jan C. & van der Ploeg, Frederick, 2006.
"The Economics of Books,"
Handbook of the Economics of Art and Culture,
- Canoy, Marcel & van der Ploeg, Frederick & van Ours, Jan C, 2005. "The Economics of Books," CEPR Discussion Papers 4892, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Marcel F. M. Canoy & Jan C. van Ours & Frederick Van der Ploeg, 2005. "The Economics of Books," CESifo Working Paper Series 1414, CESifo Group Munich.
- Canoy, M.F.M. & van Ours, J.C. & van der Ploeg, F., 2005. "The Economics of Books," Discussion Paper 2005-13, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Frederick van der Ploeg, 2004.
"Beyond the Dogma of the Fixed Book Price Agreement,"
Journal of Cultural Economics,
Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 28(1), pages 1-20, February.
- Frederick van der Ploeg, 2003. "Beyond the Dogma of the Fixed Book Price Agreement," CESifo Working Paper Series 949, CESifo Group Munich.
- Lucien Karpik, 2010. "Valuing the Unique: The Economics of Singularities," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 9215.
- Veblen, Thorstein, 2009. "The Theory of the Leisure Class," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199552580 edited by Banta, Martha.
- Sumiko Asai, 2016. "Determinants of demand and price for best-selling novels in paperback in Japan," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 40(4), pages 375-392, November.
- Alan T. Sorensen, 2007. "BESTSELLER LISTS AND PRODUCT VARIETY -super-," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(4), pages 715-738, December.
- John Ashworth & Bruno Heyndels & Kristien Werck, 2010. "Expert judgements and the demand for novels in Flanders," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 34(3), pages 197-218, August.
- Berry, Steven & Levinsohn, James & Pakes, Ariel, 1995. "Automobile Prices in Market Equilibrium," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 63(4), pages 841-890, July.
More about this item
KeywordsRussian book market; demand function; income elasticity; luxury goods; price elasticity;
- L21 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Business Objectives of the Firm
- L23 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Organization of Production
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-08-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-CIS-2017-08-13 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-IND-2017-08-13 (Industrial Organization)
- NEP-TRA-2017-08-13 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cue:wpaper:awp-06-2017. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Juan Prieto-Rodriguez). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aceiiea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.