Competition in the Retail College Textbook Market
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Clotfelter, Charles T. & Ehrenberg, Ronald G. & Getz, Malcolm & Siegfried, John J., 1992. "Economic Challenges in Higher Education," National Bureau of Economic Research Books, University of Chicago Press, number 9780226110509.
- Christoph Schenzler & John J. Siegfried & William O. Thweatt, 1992. "The History of the Static Equilibrium Dominant Firm Price Leadership Model," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 18(2), pages 171-186, Spring.
- Hay, George A & Kelley, Daniel, 1974. "An Empirical Survey of Price Fixing Conspiracies," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 17(1), pages 13-38, April.
- Long, William F & Ravenscraft, David J, 1984. "The Misuse of Accounting Rates of Return: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(3), pages 494-500, June.
- Bresnahan, Timothy F & Reiss, Peter C, 1991. "Entry and Competition in Concentrated Markets," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(5), pages 977-1009, October.
- Fisher, Franklin M & McGowan, John J, 1983. "On the Misuse of Accounting Rates of Return to Infer Monopoly Profits," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(1), pages 82-97, March.
- Kwoka, John E, Jr, 1979. "The Effect of Market Share Distribution on Industry Performance," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 61(1), pages 101-109, February.
- Charles T. Clotfelter & Ronald G. Ehrenberg & Malcolm Getz & John J. Siegfried, 1991. "Introduction to "Economic Challenges in Higher Education"," NBER Chapters,in: Economic Challenges in Higher Education, pages 1-16 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marvel, Howard P, 1978. "Competition and Price Levels in the Retail Gasoline Market," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 60(2), pages 252-258, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cabolis, Christos & Clerides, Sofronis & Ioannou, Ioannis & Senft, Daniel, 2007.
"A textbook example of international price discrimination,"
Elsevier, vol. 95(1), pages 91-95, April.
- Christos Cabolis & Sofronis Clerides & Ioannis Ioannou & Daniel Senft, 2005. "A Textbook Example of International Price Discrimination," University of Cyprus Working Papers in Economics 3-2005, University of Cyprus Department of Economics.
- Christos Cabolis & Sofronis Clerides & Ioannis Ioannou & Daniel Senft, 2005. "A Textbook Example of International Price Discrimination," Yale School of Management Working Papers amz2640, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Aug 2008.
- repec:eee:joaced:v:33:y:2015:i:3:p:198-218 is not listed on IDEAS
- Aday Hernandez & Juan Luis Jimenez, 2011. "Do supermarkets reduce the number of traditional bookshops? An empirical application to the textbook market in Spain," ACEI Working Paper Series AWP-02-2011, Association for Cultural Economics International, revised Jul 2011.
- Juan Luis Jiménez González & Javier Campos Méndez & Gustavo Nombela Merchán, 2001. "Un análisis económico del mercado de libros de texto en España," Documentos de trabajo conjunto ULL-ULPGC 2001-02, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas de la ULPGC.
- Clerides, Sofronis K., 2002. "Book value: intertemporal pricing and quality discrimination in the US market for books," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 20(10), pages 1385-1408, December.
- Allen Molina & Jungho Baek, 2015. "Analyzing Factors Affecting U.S. College Textbook Prices: An ARDL Cointegration Approach," Review of Economics & Finance, Better Advances Press, Canada, vol. 5, pages 35-42, May.
- Juan Jiménez & Javier Campos, 2010. "Modelling Competition in the Textbook Market: Some Lessons still to Learn," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 71-85, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecoedu:v:17:y:1998:i:1:p:105-115. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/econedurev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.