Retire Later or Work Harder?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gustman, Alan L & Steinmeier, Thomas L, 1986. "A Structural Retirement Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(3), pages 555-584, May.
- Hart Robert A. & Ma Yue, 2008.
"Wages, Hours and Human Capital Over the Life Cycle,"
Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik),
De Gruyter, vol. 228(5-6), pages 446-464, October.
- Hart, Robert A. & Ma, Yue, 2000. "Wages, Hours and Human Capital over the Live Cycle," IZA Discussion Papers 139, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Grossman, Michael, 1972. "On the Concept of Health Capital and the Demand for Health," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(2), pages 223-255, March-Apr.
- Hashimoto, Masanori, 1981. "Firm-Specific Human Capital as a Shared Investment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 475-482, June.
- Malcomson, James M., 1999.
"Individual employment contracts,"
Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 35, pages 2291-2372
- Malcomson, J., 1998. "Individual employment contracts," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 9804, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Lorne Carmichael, 1983. "Firm-Specific Human Capital and Promotion Ladders," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 14(1), pages 251-258, Spring.
- F. P. R. Brechling, 1965. "The Relationship between Output and Employment in British Manufacturing Industries," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 32(3), pages 187-216.
- Hart, Robert A. & Ma, Yue, 2010.
"Wage-hours contracts, overtime working and premium pay,"
Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 170-179, January.
- Hart, Robert A. & Ma, Yue, 2008. "Wage-Hours Contracts, Overtime Working and Premium Pay," IZA Discussion Papers 3797, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Hart, Robert A & Ma, Yue, 2008. "Wage-Hours Contracts, Overtime Working and Premium Pay," Stirling Economics Discussion Papers 2008-04, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
- Isao Ohashi, 2005. "Wages, Hours Of Work And Job Satisfaction Of Retirement-Age Workers," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 56(2), pages 188-209.
- Hutchens, Robert M, 1989. "Seniority, Wages and Productivity: A Turbulent Decade," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 3(4), pages 49-64, Fall.
More about this item
Keywordsolder workers; statutory retirement age; hours of work;
- H55 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Social Security and Public Pensions
- J11 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Demographic Trends, Macroeconomic Effects, and Forecasts
- J14 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of the Elderly; Economics of the Handicapped; Non-Labor Market Discrimination
- J18 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Public Policy
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
- J26 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Retirement; Retirement Policies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2010-02-13 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2010-02-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAB-2010-02-13 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp4720. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .