Wages, Hours and Human Capital over the Live Cycle
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Hart Robert A. & Ma Yue, 2008. "Wages, Hours and Human Capital Over the Life Cycle," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 228(5-6), pages 446-464, October.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gustman, Alan L & Steinmeier, Thomas L, 1986. "A Structural Retirement Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(3), pages 555-584, May.
- Malcomson, James M., 1999.
"Individual employment contracts,"
Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 35, pages 2291-2372
- Malcomson, J., 1998. "Individual employment contracts," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 9804, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Johnson, Richard W, 1996. "The Impact of Human Capital Investments on Pension Benefits," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 14(3), pages 520-554, July.
- Hart, Robert A & Ruffell, Robin J, 1993.
"The Cost of Overtime Hours in British Production Industries,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 60(238), pages 183-201, May.
- Robert A Hart & Robin J Ruffell, 1992. "The Cost of Overtime Hours in British Production Industries," Working Papers Series 92/1, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
- Hart, Robert A. & Ma, Yue, 2000. "Why Do Firms Pay an Overtime Premium?," IZA Discussion Papers 163, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Lorne Carmichael, 1983. "Firm-Specific Human Capital and Promotion Ladders," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 14(1), pages 251-258, Spring.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Paul Beaudry & John DiNardo, 1995. "Is the Behavior of Hours Worked Consistent with Implicit Contract Theory?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 110(3), pages 743-768.
- Trejo, Stephen J, 1993. "Overtime Pay, Overtime Hours, and Labor Unions," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 11(2), pages 253-278, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bell, David N.F. & Hart, Robert A., 2010. "Retire Later or Work Harder?," IZA Discussion Papers 4720, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Magali Jaoul-Grammare, 2011. "L’évolution des inégalités dans l’enseignement supérieur universitaire français. L’influence des réformes institutionnelles et des ruptures économiques," Working Papers 11-06, Association Française de Cliométrie (AFC).
More about this item
KeywordsLifetime wage-hours contracts; estimated wage- and hour-tenure profiles; asymmetric information;
- J41 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Labor Contracts
- J33 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Compensation Packages; Payment Methods
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2000-05-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2000-05-22 (Education)
- NEP-LAB-2000-05-30 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp139. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .