The Effect of Economic Downturns on Apprenticeships and Initial Workplace Training: A Review of the Evidence
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bassanini, Andrea & Brunello, Giorgio, 2007.
"Barriers to Entry, Deregulation and Workplace Training,"
IZA Discussion Papers
2746, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Andrea Bassanini & Giorgio Brunello, 2011. "Barriers to Entry, Deregulation and Workplace Training," "Marco Fanno" Working Papers 0137, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
- Samuel Muehlemann & Juerg Schweri & Rainer Winkelmann & Stefan C. Wolter, 2005. "A Structural Model of Demand for Apprentices," CESifo Working Paper Series 1417, CESifo Group Munich.
- Jan Erik Askilden & Oivind Anti Nilsen, 2005. "Apprentices And Young Workers: A Study Of The Norwegian Youth Labour Market," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 52(1), pages 1-17, February.
- Stevens, Margaret, 1994. "An Investment Model for the Supply of Training by Employers," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(424), pages 556-570, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mueller, Barbara & Wolter, Stefan C., 2011.
"The Consequences of Being Different: Statistical Discrimination and the School-to-Work Transition,"
IZA Discussion Papers
5474, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Barbara Mueller & Stefan C. Wolter, 2011. "The Consequences of Being Different - Statistical Discrimination and the School-to-Work Transition," CESifo Working Paper Series 3345, CESifo Group Munich.
- Barbara Mueller & Stefan C. Wolter, 2011. "The consequences of being different – Statistical discrimination and the school-to-work transition," Economics of Education Working Paper Series 0053, University of Zurich, Department of Business Administration (IBW).
- Grace Weishi Gu, .
"Employment and the Cyclical Cost of Worker Benefits,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Grace Weishi Gu, 2017. "Online Appendix to "Employment and the Cyclical Cost of Worker Benefits"," Technical Appendices 15-318, Review of Economic Dynamics.
- Paul Ryan, 2011. "Apprenticeship: between theory and practice, school and workplace," Economics of Education Working Paper Series 0064, University of Zurich, Department of Business Administration (IBW), revised Oct 2011.
- Bellmann Lutz & Gerner Hans-Dieter & Leber Ute, 2014. "Firm-Provided Training During the Great Recession," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 234(1), pages 5-22, February.
- Mühlemann, Samuel & Wolter, Stefan C. & Wüest, Adrian, 2009. "Apprenticeship Training and the Business Cycle," IZA Discussion Papers 4460, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
Keywordseconomic downturns; apprenticeship training;
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp4326. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .