Procyclical Skill Retooling and Equilibrium Search
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Norm Park & Bob Power & W. Craig Riddell & Ging Wong, 1996. "An Assessment of the Impact of Government-Sponsored Training," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 29(s1), pages 93-98, April.
- Neal, Derek, 1995. "Industry-Specific Human Capital: Evidence from Displaced Workers," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 13(4), pages 653-677, October.
- Steven J. Davis & John Haltiwanger, 1990.
"Gross Job Creation and Destruction: Microeconomic Evidence and Macroeconomic Implications,"
NBER Chapters,in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1990, Volume 5, pages 123-186
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Steve J. Davis & John Haltiwanger, 1990. "Gross Job Creation and Destruction: Microeconomic Evidence and Macroeconomic Implications," Working Papers 90-10, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Julian R. Betts & Laurel L. McFarland, 1995. "Safe Port in a Storm: The Impact of Labor Market Conditions on Community College Enrollments," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 30(4), pages 741-765.
- Gadi Barlevy, 2002. "The Sullying Effect of Recessions," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 69(1), pages 65-96.
- Audrey Light, 1995. "The Effects of Interrupted Schooling on Wages," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 30(3), pages 472-502.
- David N. DeJong & Beth F. Ingram, 2001. "The Cyclical Behavior of Skill Acquisition," Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 4(3), pages 536-561, July.
- Newey, Whitney & West, Kenneth, 2014.
"A simple, positive semi-definite, heteroscedasticity and autocorrelation consistent covariance matrix,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 33(1), pages 125-132.
- Newey, Whitney K & West, Kenneth D, 1987. "A Simple, Positive Semi-definite, Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(3), pages 703-708, May.
- Whitney K. Newey & Kenneth D. West, 1986. "A Simple, Positive Semi-Definite, Heteroskedasticity and AutocorrelationConsistent Covariance Matrix," NBER Technical Working Papers 0055, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Prescott, Edward C, 1975. "Efficiency of the Natural Rate," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 83(6), pages 1229-1236, December.
- Mortensen, Dale T., 1994. "The cyclical behavior of job and worker flows," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 1121-1142, November.
- Stephen V. Cameron & James J. Heckman, 2001. "The Dynamics of Educational Attainment for Black, Hispanic, and White Males," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 109(3), pages 455-499, June.
- Lucas, Robert Jr. & Prescott, Edward C., 1974. "Equilibrium search and unemployment," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 188-209, February.
- Olivier Jean Blanchard & Finn E. Kydland, 1989. "Macroeconomic implications," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, pages 201-213.
- Light, Audrey, 1995. "Hazard model estimates of the decision to reenroll in school," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 381-406, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Caponi Vincenzo & Kayahan Burc & Plesca Miana, 2010.
"The Impact of Aggregate and Sectoral Fluctuations on Training Decisions,"
The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics,
De Gruyter, vol. 10(1), pages 1-37, October.
- Caponi, Vincenzo & Kayahan, Cevat Burc & Plesca, Miana, 2009. "The Impact of Aggregate and Sectoral Fluctuations on Training Decisions," CLSSRN working papers clsrn_admin-2009-54, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 25 Oct 2009.
- Caponi, Vincenzo & Kayahan, Cevat Burc & Plesca, Miana, 2009. "The Impact of Aggregate and Sectoral Fluctuations on Training Decisions," IZA Discussion Papers 4042, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Miana Plesca & Cevat Burc Kayahan & Vincenzo Caponi, 2010. "The Impact of Aggregate and Sectoral Fluctuations on Training Decisions," 2010 Meeting Papers 62, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Fabio Méndez & Facundo Sepúlveda, 2012.
"The Cyclicality of Skill Acquisition: Evidence from Panel Data,"
American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics,
American Economic Association, vol. 4(3), pages 128-152, July.
- Facundo Sepulveda & Fabio Mendez, 2011. "The cyclicality of skill acquisition: Evidence from panel data," CAMA Working Papers 2011-13, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Ferrer, Ana M. & Menendez, Alicia, 2009.
"The Returns to Flexible Postsecondary Education: The Effect of Delaying School,"
CLSSRN working papers
clsrn_admin-2009-26, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 15 Mar 2009.
- Ana Ferrer & Alicia Menendez, 2014. "The Returns to Flexible Postsecondary Education: The Effect of Delaying School," Working Papers 1402, University of Waterloo, Department of Economics, revised Mar 2014.
- Fabian Goessling, 2018. "Human Capital, Growth, and Asset Prices," CQE Working Papers 6918, Center for Quantitative Economics (CQE), University of Muenster.
- Cathy Ning & Stephen Sapp, 2009. "Segmentation across International Equity, Bond, and Foreign Exchange Markets," Working Papers 010, Ryerson University, Department of Economics.
- Summerfield, Fraser, 2014. "Labor Market Conditions, Skill Requirements and Education Mismatch," CLSSRN working papers clsrn_admin-2014-19, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 28 Apr 2014.
- Diana Alessandrini, 2014. "On the Cyclicality of Schooling Decisions: Evidence from Canadian Data," Working Paper series 16_14, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Gadi Barlevy, 2004.
"On the timing of innovation in stochastic Schumpeterian growth models,"
Working Paper Series
WP-04-11, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Gadi Barlevy, 2004. "On the Timing of Innovation in Stochastic Schumpeterian Growth Models," NBER Working Papers 10741, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
Keywordsbusiness cycles; schooling; equilibrium search;
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:red:issued:v:5:y:2002:i:3:p:704-717. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Zimmermann). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sedddea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.