Wie kann die durchschnittliche Ausbildungsquote in Deutschland korrekt gemessen werden?
This paper demonstrates that the share of apprentices exhibits a relatively strong seasonal pattern. This means that statistics on the share of apprentices such as those presented in official publications differ substantially from the actual yearly mean if they are measured on a date close to the minimum (end of July) or the maximum (around the turn of the year). In addition the deviation from the yearly mean differs between occupations at certain measurement dates because occupations have different apprenticeship durations. This paper proposes to calculate the yearly average on the basis of daily shares instead of certain measurement dates. It also argues to use daily accurate employment data from the German social security system.
|Date of creation:||2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: L 7,1; D - 68161 Mannheim|
Web page: http://www.zew.de/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mohrenweiser, Jens & Zwick, Thomas, 2008.
"Why Do Firms Train Apprentices? The Net Cost Puzzle Reconsidered,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
08-019, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Mohrenweiser, Jens & Zwick, Thomas, 2009. "Why do firms train apprentices? The net cost puzzle reconsidered," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 631-637, December.
- Jens Mohrenweiser & Thomas Zwick, 2008. "Why do Firms Train Apprentices? The Net Cost Puzzle Reconsidered," Economics of Education Working Paper Series 0016, University of Zurich, Institute for Strategy and Business Economics (ISU), revised Oct 2008.
- Fischer, Gabriele & Janik, Florian & Müller, Dana & Schmucker, Alexandra, 2008. "Das IAB-Betriebspanel - von der Stichprobe über die Erhebung bis zur Hochrechnung," FDZ Methodenreport 200801_de, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- Michael Beckmann, 2002. "Firm‐sponsored Apprenticeship Training in Germany: Empirical Evidence from Establishment Data," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 16(2), pages 287-310, 06.
- Christian Dustmann & Uta Schönberg, 2009.
"Training and Union Wages,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 91(2), pages 363-376, May.
- Spengler, Anja, 2007. "Das Betriebs-Historik-Panel 1975-2005 : Handbuch-Version 2.0.0," FDZ Datenreport. Documentation on Labour Market Data 200704_de, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:zewdip:7378. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.