A Competing Risks Analysis of the Determinants of Low Completion Rates in the Canadian Apprenticeship System
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- David J. Farber & A. Harvey Belitsky & Jack Barbash, 1967. "Apprenticeship in the United States: Labor Market Forces and Social Policy," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 2(1), pages 70-96.
- Cihan Bilginsoy, 2005. "Delivering Skills: Apprenticeship Program Sponsorship and Transition from Training," Working Paper Series, Department of Economics, University of Utah 2005_01, University of Utah, Department of Economics.
- Donata Bessey & Uschi Backes-Gellner, 2007. "Premature Apprenticeship Terminations: An Economic Analysis," Economics of Education Working Paper Series 0002, University of Zurich, Department of Business Administration (IBW).
- Cihan Bilginsoy, 2003. "The Hazards of Training: Attrition and Retention in Construction Industry Apprenticeship Programs," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 57(1), pages 54-67, October.
- Donata Bessey & Uschi Backes-Gellner, 2008. "Dropping out and revising educational decisions: Evidence from vocational education," Economics of Education Working Paper Series 0040, University of Zurich, Department of Business Administration (IBW).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Katja Seidel, 2016. "Job Characteristics and their Effect on the Intention to Quit Apprenticeship," Working Paper Series in Economics 362, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Katja Seidel, 2016. "Apprenticeship: The Intention to Quit and the Role of Secondary Jobs in It," Working Paper Series in Economics 361, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsApprenticeship training; human capital; competing risks model;
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-10-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-HRM-2010-10-30 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-LAB-2010-10-30 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-RES-2010-10-30 (Resource Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ubc:clssrn:clsrn_admin-2010-29. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vivian Tran). General contact details of provider: http://www.clsrn.econ.ubc.ca/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.