Education-Job (Mis)Matching And Interregional Migration: Italian University Graduates’ Transition To Work
No abstract is available for this item.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2012|
|Date of revision:||Sep 2012|
|Publication status:||Published on Birkbeck Centre for Innovation Management Research web site, September 2012, pages 1-26|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.bbk.ac.uk/innovation/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Raúl Ramos & Esteban Sanromá, 2004.
"Overeducation and local labour markets in Spain,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa04p16, European Regional Science Association.
- Salter, Ammon J. & Martin, Ben R., 2001. "The economic benefits of publicly funded basic research: a critical review," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 509-532, March.
- Heijke Hans & Meng Christoph & Ris Catherine, 2003.
"Fitting to the Job: the Role of Generic and Vocational Competencies in Adjustment and Performance,"
ROA Research Memorandum
001, Maastricht University, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market (ROA).
- Heijke, Hans & Meng, Christoph & Ris, Catherine, 2003. "Fitting to the job: the role of generic and vocational competencies in adjustment and performance," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 215-229, April.
- Emek Basker, 2003. "Education, Job Search and Migration," Labor and Demography 0303003, EconWPA.
- Michael Quinn & Stephen Rubb, 2005. "The importance of education-occupation matching in migration decisions," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 42(1), pages 153-167, February.
- Robst, John, 2007. "Education and job match: The relatedness of college major and work," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 397-407, August.
- Séamus McGuinness, 2006. "Overeducation in the Labour Market," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(3), pages 387-418, 07.
- Buchel, Felix & van Ham, Maarten, 2003.
"Overeducation, regional labor markets, and spatial flexibility,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 482-493, May.
- Büchel, Felix & van Ham, Maarten, 2002. "Overeducation, Regional Labour Markets and Spatial Flexibility," IZA Discussion Papers 424, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Simona Iammarino & Elisabetta Marinelli, 2011.
"Is the grass greener on the other side of the fence? Graduate mobility and job satisfaction in Italy,"
Environment and Planning A,
Pion Ltd, London, vol. 43(11), pages 2761-2777, November.
- Simona Iammarino & Elisabetta Marinelli & Elisabetta Marinelli, 2011. "Is the Grass Greener on the other Side of the Fence? Graduate Mobility and Job Satisfaction in Italy," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 43(11), pages 2761-2777, November.
- Brahim Boudarbat & Claude Montmarquette, 2009. "Choice of fields of study of university Canadian graduates: the role of gender and their parents' education," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(2), pages 185-213.
- Paci, Raffaele & Pigliaru, Francesco, 1997. "Structural change and convergence: an Italian regional perspective," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 297-318, August.
- Andrés Rodríguez-Pose & Vassilis Tselios, 2010.
"Returns to migration, education and externalities in the European Union,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 89(2), pages 411-434, 06.
- Andrés Rodríguez-Pose & Vassilis Tselios, 2009. "Returns to migration, education, and externalities in the European Union," Working Papers 2009-15, Instituto Madrileño de Estudios Avanzados (IMDEA) Ciencias Sociales, revised 09 Feb 2010.
- Andrés Rodríguez-Pose & Vassilis Tselios, 2010. "Returns to Migration, Education, and Externalities in the European Union," Working Papers 2010.25, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Alessandra Faggian & Philip McCann, 2006. "Human capital flows and regional knowledge assets: a simultaneous equation approach," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 58(3), pages 475-500, July.
- Adriana Di Liberto & James Symons, 2001.
"Education and Italian Regional Development,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp0496, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Francis Green & Yu Zhu, 2010.
"Overqualification, job dissatisfaction, and increasing dispersion in the returns to graduate education,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 62(4), pages 740-763, October.
- Francis Green & Yu Zhu, 2008. "Overqualification, Job Dissatisfaction, and Increasing Dispersion in the Returns to Graduate Education," Studies in Economics 0803, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Cristina Borra & Francisco Gomez-Garcia & Manuel Salas-Velasco, 2009. "Entry of young economists into working life: analysis of the determinants of first unemployment duration," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(14), pages 1483-1488.
- Alfonso Miranda & Sophia Rabe-Hesketh, 2006. "Maximum likelihood estimation of endogenous switching and sample selection models for binary, ordinal, and count variables," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 6(3), pages 285-308, September.
- Di Pietro, Giorgio & Peter Urwin, 2003.
"Education and Skills Mismatch in the Italian Graduate Labour Market,"
Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2003
59, Royal Economic Society.
- Giorgio Di Pietro & Peter Urwin, 2006. "Education and skills mismatch in the Italian graduate labour market," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(1), pages 79-93.
- H. Battu & C.R. Belfield & P.J. Sloane, 2000. "How Well Can We Measure Graduate Over- Education and Its Effects?," National Institute Economic Review, National Institute of Economic and Social Research, vol. 171(1), pages 82-93, January.
- Aghion, Philippe & Meghir, Costas & Vandenbussche, Jérôme, 2005.
"Growth, Distance to Frontier and Composition of Human Capital,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
4860, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jérôme Vandenbussche & Philippe Aghion & Costas Meghir, 2004. "Growth, distance to frontier and composition of human capital," IFS Working Papers W04/31, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Vandenbussche, JÃ©rÃ´me & Aghion, Philippe & Meghir, Costas, 2006. "Growth, distance to frontier and composition of human capital," Scholarly Articles 12490648, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- van der Klaauw, Bas & van Vuuren, Aico, 2010. "Job search and academic achievement," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 294-316, February.
- Croce, Giuseppe & Ghignoni, Emanuela, 2011.
"Overeducation and spatial flexibility in Italian local labour markets,"
29670, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Giuseppe Croce & Emanuela Ghignoni, 2011. "Overeducation and spatial flexibility in Italian local labour markets," Working Papers 145, University of Rome La Sapienza, Department of Public Economics.
- repec:mul:je8794:doi:10.1429/20830:y:2005:i:3:p:461 is not listed on IDEAS
- Venhorst, V. & Cörvers, F., 2015.
"Entry into working life: Spatial mobility and the job match quality of higher-educated graduates,"
009, Maastricht University, Graduate School of Business and Economics (GSBE).
- Venhorst, V. & Cörvers, F., 2015. "Entry into working life: Spatial mobility and the job match quality of higher-educated graduates," ROA Research Memorandum 003, Maastricht University, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market (ROA).
- L. Biggeri & M. Bini & L. Grilli, 2001. "The transition from university to work: a multilevel approach to the analysis of the time to obtain the first job," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 164(2), pages 293-305.
- Nicola Francesco Dotti & Ugo Fratesi & Camilla Lenzi & Marco Percoco, 2013. "Local Labour Markets and the Interregional Mobility of Italian University Students," Spatial Economic Analysis, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(4), pages 443-468, March.
- Chiswick, Barry R. & Miller, Paul W., 2009. "The international transferability of immigrants' human capital," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 162-169, April.
- Dieter Verhaest & Eddy Omey, 2006.
"The Impact of Overeducation and its Measurement,"
Social Indicators Research- An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement,
Springer, vol. 77(3), pages 419-448, 07.
- D. Verhaest & E. Omey, 2004. "The impact of overeducation and its measurement," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 04/215, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Mary Silles & Peter Dolton, 2002.
"The Effects of Over-Education on Earnings in the Graduate Labour Market,"
Economics Series Working Papers
126, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Dolton, Peter J. & Silles, Mary A., 2008. "The effects of over-education on earnings in the graduate labour market," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 125-139, April.
- Piras Romano, 2005. "Il contenuto di capitale umano dei flussi migratori interregionali: 1980-2002," Politica economica, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 3, pages 461-491.
- Francis Green & Steven McIntosh, 2007. "Is there a genuine under-utilization of skills amongst the over-qualified?," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(4), pages 427-439.
- Jérôme Vandenbussche & Philippe Aghion & Costas Meghir, 2006. "Growth, distance to frontier and composition of human capital," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 11(2), pages 97-127, June.
- Signe Jauhiainen, 2011. "Overeducation in the Finnish regional labour markets," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 90(3), pages 573-588, 08.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:img:wpaper:8. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Helen Lawton Smith)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.