Choice of fields of study of university Canadian graduates: the role of gender and their parents' education
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bas Jacobs & Frederick Van Der Ploeg, 2006.
"Guide to reform of higher education: a European perspective,"
CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 21(47), pages 535-592, July.
- Jacobs, Bas & van der Ploeg, Frederick, 2005. "Guide to Reform of Higher Education: A European Perspective," CEPR Discussion Papers 5327, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Tsakloglou, Panos & Antoninis, Manos, 1999.
"On the distributional impact of public education: evidence from Greece,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, pages 439-452.
- Antoninis, M. & Tsakloglou, P., 1997. "On the Distributional Impact of Public Education: Evidence from Greece," Athens University of Economics and Business 97-01, Athens University of Economics and Business, Department of International and European Economic Studies.
- Antoninis, M. & Tsakloglou, P., 1997. "On the Distributional Impact of Public Education: Evidence from Greece," DEOS Working Papers 97-01, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Tim Callan & Tim Smeeding & Panos Tsakloglou, 2007. "Distributional Effects of Public Education Transfers in Seven European Countries," Papers WP207, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Tom Sefton, 2002. "Recent Changes in the Distribution of the Social Wage," CASE Papers case62, Centre for Analysis of Social Exclusion, LSE.
- Kathryn Wilson, 2000. "Using the Psid to Study the Effects of School Spending," Public Finance Review, , vol. 28(5), pages 428-451, September.
- Christopher Heady & Theodore Mitrakos & Panos Tsakloglou, 2001.
"The distributional impact of social transfers in the European Union: evidence from the ECHP,"
Institute for Fiscal Studies, pages 547-565..
- Heady, Christopher & Mitrakos, Theodore & Tsakloglou, Panos, 2001. "The Distributional Impact of Social Transfers in the European Union: Evidence from the ECHP," IZA Discussion Papers 356, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Lorraine Dearden & Emla Fitzsimons & Alissa Goodman & Greg Kaplan, 2008.
"Higher Education Funding Reforms in England: The Distributional Effects and the Shifting Balance of Costs,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 118(526), pages 100-125, February.
- Lorraine Dearden & Emla Fitzsimons & Alissa Goodman & Greg Kaplan, 2007. "Higher education funding reforms in England: the distributional effects and the shifting balance of costs," IFS Working Papers W07/18, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Nicholas Barr, 2004. "Higher Education Funding," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(2), pages 264-283, Summer.
- Parsons,Craig A. & Smeeding,Timothy M. (ed.), 2006. "Immigration and the Transformation of Europe," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521861939, December.
- Estelle James & Gail Benjamin, 1987. "Educational Distribution and Income Redistribution through Education in Japan," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 22(4), pages 469-489.
- Kathryn Wilson & Kristina Lambright & Timothy M. Smeeding, 2004. "School Finance, Equivalent Educational Expenditure, and Income Distribution: Equal Dollars or Equal Chances for Success?," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 62, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Atkinson, Anthony B., 1970. "On the measurement of inequality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 244-263, September.
- Manos Antoninis & Panos Tsakloglou, 2001. "Who Benefits from Public Education in Greece? Evidence and Policy Implications," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(2), pages 197-222.
- François Marical & Marco Mira d'Ercole & Maria Vaalavuo & Gerlinde Verbist, 2006. "Publicly-provided Services and the Distribution of Resources," OECD Social, Employment and Migration Working Papers 45, OECD Publishing.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sergey Roshchin & Victor Rudakov, 2015. "Do Starting Salaries for Graduates Measure the Quality of Education? A Review of Studies by Russian and Foreign Authors," Educational Studies, Higher School of Economics, issue 1, pages 137-181.
- repec:spr:empeco:v:52:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s00181-016-1121-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Berlingieri, Francesco & Zierahn, Ulrich, 2014. "Field of study, qualification mismatch, and wages: Does sorting matter?," ZEW Discussion Papers 14-076, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Brahim Boudarbat & Claude Montmarquette, 2013. "Origine et sources de la surqualification dans la région métropolitaine de Montréal," CIRANO Project Reports 2013rp-08, CIRANO.
- Grossmann, Volker & Osikominu, Aderonke & Osterfeld, Marius, 2016. "Sociocultural Background and Choice of STEM Majors at University," CEPR Discussion Papers 11250, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Boudarbat, Brahim & Chernoff, Victor, 2009.
"The Determinants of Education-Job Match among Canadian University Graduates,"
IZA Discussion Papers
4513, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Brahim Boudarbat & Victor Chernoff, 2010. "The Determinants of Education-Job Match among Canadian University Graduates," CIRANO Working Papers 2010s-14, CIRANO.
- Glocker, Daniela & Storck, Johanna, 2014.
"Risks and returns to educational fields – A financial asset approach to vocational and academic education,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 109-129.
- Daniela Glocker & Johanna Storck, 2012. "Risks and Returns to Educational Fields: A Financial Asset Approach to Vocational and Academic Education," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1240, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Simona Iammarino & Elisabetta Marinelli, 2012. "Education-Job (Mis)Matching And Interregional Migration: Italian University Graduates’ Transition To Work," Working Papers 8, Birkbeck Centre for Innovation Management Research, revised Sep 2012.
- Nifo, Annamaria & Scalera, Domenico & Vecchione, Gaetano, 2016. "What do you want to be when you grow up? Local institutional quality and the choice of the fields of study in Italy (2004-2007)," MPRA Paper 69907, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordsuniversity fields of study; expected lifetime earnings; mixed multinomial logit model; parents' education;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:edecon:v:17:y:2009:i:2:p:185-213. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/CEDE20 .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .