Turning Over a Golden Leaf? Global Liquidity and Emerging Market Central Banks’ Demand for Gold after the Financial Crisis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Tobias Adrian & Hyun Song Shin, 2009.
"Prices and Quantities in the Monetary Policy Transmission Mechanism,"
International Journal of Central Banking,
International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 5(4), pages 131-142, December.
- Tobias Adrian & Hyun Song Shin, 2009. "Prices and quantities in the monetary policy transmission mechanism," Staff Reports 396, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Lim, Jamus Jerome & Mohapatra, Sanket, 2016. "Quantitative easing and the post-crisis surge in financial flows to developing countries," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 331-357.
- David Roodman, 2009.
"How to do xtabond2: An introduction to difference and system GMM in Stata,"
StataCorp LP, vol. 9(1), pages 86-136, March.
- David Roodman, 2006. "How to Do xtabond2: An Introduction to "Difference" and "System" GMM in Stata," Working Papers 103, Center for Global Development.
- Cheng, Gong, 2015.
"A Growth Perspective On Foreign Reserve Accumulation,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 19(06), pages 1358-1379, September.
- Cheng, Gong, 2011. "A Growth Perspective on Foreign Reserve Accumulation," MPRA Paper 46668, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Mar 2013.
- Cheng, G., 2013. "A Growth Perspective on Foreign Reserve Accumulation," Working papers 443, Banque de France.
- Hammoudeh, Shawkat & Nguyen, Duc Khuong & Sousa, Ricardo M., 2015. "US monetary policy and sectoral commodity prices," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 61-85.
- Bussière, Matthieu & Cheng, Gong & Chinn, Menzie D. & Lisack, Noëmie, 2015.
"For a few dollars more: Reserves and growth in times of crises,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 127-145.
- Matthieu Bussière & Gong Cheng & Menzie D. Chinn & Noëmie Lisack, 2014. "For a Few Dollars More: Reserves and Growth in Times of Crises," NBER Working Papers 19791, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- M. Bussière & G. Cheng & M. Chinn & N. Lisack, 2015. "For a Few Dollars More: Reserves and Growth in Times of Crises," Working papers 550, Banque de France.
- Xiaoli Chen & Yin‐Wong Cheung, 2011.
"Renminbi Going Global,"
China & World Economy,
Institute of World Economics and Politics, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 19(2), pages 1-18, March.
- Cheung, Yin-Wong, 2011. "Renminbi Going Global," Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt2qn810hg, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Xiaoli Chen & Yin-Wong Cheung, 2011. "Renminbi Going Global," Working Papers 082011, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Katsiaryna Svirydzenka, 2016. "Introducing a New Broad-based Index of Financial Development," IMF Working Papers 16/5, International Monetary Fund.
- John C. Driscoll & Aart C. Kraay, 1998. "Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimation With Spatially Dependent Panel Data," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 80(4), pages 549-560, November.
- Aizenman, Joshua & Inoue, Kenta, 2013.
"Central banks and gold puzzles,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 69-90.
- Joshua Aizenman & Kenta Inoue, 2012. "Central Banks and Gold Puzzles," NBER Working Papers 17894, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aizenman, Joshua & Inoue, Kenta, 2012. "Central Banks and Gold Puzzles," Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt7bx7h0q4, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Akram, Q. Farooq, 2009. "Commodity prices, interest rates and the dollar," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 838-851, November.
- Sari, Ramazan & Soytas, Ugur & Hacihasanoglu, Erk, 2011. "Do global risk perceptions influence world oil prices?," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 515-524, May.
- Maurice Obstfeld & Jay C. Shambaugh & Alan M. Taylor, 2009.
"Financial Instability, Reserves, and Central Bank Swap Lines in the Panic of 2008,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 99(2), pages 480-486, May.
- Maurice Obstfeld & Jay C. Shambaugh & Alan M. Taylor, 2009. "Financial Instability, Reserves, and Central Bank Swap Lines in the Panic of 2008," NBER Working Papers 14826, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hamilton, James D, 1989. "A New Approach to the Economic Analysis of Nonstationary Time Series and the Business Cycle," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(2), pages 357-384, March.
- Silvia Miranda-Agrippino & Hélène Rey, 2015. "US Monetary Policy and the Global Financial Cycle," NBER Working Papers 21722, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marcel Fratzscher & Arnaud Mehl, 2014.
"China's Dominance Hypothesis and the Emergence of a Tri‐polar Global Currency System,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 124(581), pages 1343-1370, December.
- Fratzscher, Marcel & Mehl, Arnaud, 2011. "China's dominance hypothesis and the emergence of a tri-polar global currency system," Working Paper Series 1392, European Central Bank.
- Fratzscher, Marcel & Mehl, Arnaud, 2011. "China’s Dominance Hypothesis and the Emergence of a Tri-polar Global Currency System," CEPR Discussion Papers 8671, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Miranda-Agrippino, Silvia & Rey, Hélène, 2015. "World Asset Markets and the Global Financial Cycle," CEPR Discussion Papers 10936, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alicia Garcia-Herrero & Alvaro Ortiz, 2006. "The Role of Global Risk Aversion in Explaining Sovereign Spreads," ECONOMIA JOURNAL, THE LATIN AMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN ECONOMIC ASSOCIATION - LACEA, vol. 0(Fall 2006), pages 125-155, August.
- Jonathan Kirshner, 2014. "Same as it ever was? Continuity and change in the international monetary system," Review of International Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(5), pages 1007-1016, October.
- Anderson, T. W. & Hsiao, Cheng, 1982. "Formulation and estimation of dynamic models using panel data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 47-82, January.
- Eichengreen, Barry, 2013. "Currency war or international policy coordination?," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 425-433.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iim:iimawp:14567. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eciimin.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.