Pollution or Crime: The Effect of Driving Restrictions on Criminal Activity
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lucas W. Davis, 2008. "The Effect of Driving Restrictions on Air Quality in Mexico City," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 116(1), pages 38-81, February.
- Chen, Yuyu & Jin, Ginger Zhe & Kumar, Naresh & Shi, Guang, 2013.
"The promise of Beijing: Evaluating the impact of the 2008 Olympic Games on air quality,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 66(3), pages 424-443.
- Yuyu Chen & Ginger Zhe Jin & Naresh Kumar & Guang Shi, 2011. "The Promise of Beijing: Evaluating the Impact of the 2008 Olympic Games on Air Quality," NBER Working Papers 16907, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mirko Draca & Stephen Machin & Robert Witt, 2011.
"Panic on the Streets of London: Police, Crime, and the July 2005 Terror Attacks,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 101(5), pages 2157-2181, August.
- Draca, Mirko & Machin, Stephen & Witt, Robert, 2008. "Panic on the Streets of London: Police, Crime and the July 2005 Terror Attacks," IZA Discussion Papers 3410, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Mirko Draca & Stephen Machin & Robert Witt, 2008. "Panic on the Streets of London: Police, Crime and the July 2005 Terror Attacks," School of Economics Discussion Papers 0308, School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Draca, Mirko & Machin, Steve & Witt, Robert, 2008. "Panic on the streets of London: police, crime and the July 2005 terror attacks," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 19632, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Mirko Draca & Stephen Machin & Robert Witt, 2008. "Panic on the Streets of London: Police, Crime and the July 2005 Terror Attacks," CEP Discussion Papers dp0852, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Benson, Bruce L. & Rasmussen, David W. & Kim, Iljoong, 1998. "Deterrence and Public Policy: Trade-Offs in the Allocation of Police Resources," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 77-100, March.
- de Grange, Louis & Troncoso, Rodrigo, 2011. "Impacts of vehicle restrictions on urban transport flows: The case of Santiago, Chile," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 862-869, November.
- Gallego, Francisco & Montero, Juan-Pablo & Salas, Christian, 2013. "The effect of transport policies on car use: Evidence from Latin American cities," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 47-62.
- Dean Yang, 2008.
"Can Enforcement Backfire? Crime Displacement in the Context of Customs Reform in the Philippines,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 90(1), pages 1-14, February.
- Dean Yang, 2004. "Can Enforcement Backfire? Crime Displacement in the Context of Customs Reform in the Philippines," Working Papers 520, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- Rafael Di Tella & Ernesto Schargrodsky, 2004. "Do Police Reduce Crime? Estimates Using the Allocation of Police Forces After a Terrorist Attack," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(1), pages 115-133, March.
- Viard, V. Brian & Fu, Shihe, 2015.
"The effect of Beijing's driving restrictions on pollution and economic activity,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 125(C), pages 98-115.
- Viard, Brian & Fu, Shihe, 2011. "The effect of Beijing’s driving restrictions on pollution and economic activity," MPRA Paper 33009, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- V. Brian Viard & Shihe Fu, 2013. "The Effect of Beijing’s Driving Restrictions on Pollution and Economic Activity," WISE Working Papers 2013-10-14, Wang Yanan Institute for Studies in Economics (WISE), Xiamen University.
- Henrik J. Kleven & Mazhar Waseem, 2013. "Using Notches to Uncover Optimization Frictions and Structural Elasticities: Theory and Evidence from Pakistan," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 128(2), pages 669-723.
- Bruce L. Benson & David W. Rasmussen, 1991. "Relationship Between Illicit Drug Enforcement Policy And Property Crimes," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 9(4), pages 106-115, October.
More about this item
KeywordsCrime; Difference-in-Differences; Regression Discontinuity; Crime displace- ment;
- C20 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - General
- Q52 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Pollution Control Adoption and Costs; Distributional Effects; Employment Effects
- R28 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Government Policy
- R48 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - Government Pricing and Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-03-19 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-2017-03-19 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-LAW-2017-03-19 (Law & Economics)
- NEP-TRE-2017-03-19 (Transport Economics)
- NEP-URE-2017-03-19 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gwi:wpaper:2016-31. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kyle Renner). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iigwuus.html .