Salary and reservation wage gender gaps in Polish academia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Andrzej Cieślik & Bartłomiej Rokicki, 2013. "Regional wage determinants in Poland: the empirical verification of the NEG approach," Bank i Kredyt, Narodowy Bank Polski, vol. 44(2), pages 159-174.
- Mincer, Jacob & Polachek, Solomon, 1974.
"Family Investment in Human Capital: Earnings of Women,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(2), pages 76-108, Part II, .
- Jacob Mincer & Solomon Polacheck, 1974. "Family Investments in Human Capital: Earnings of Women," NBER Chapters,in: Economics of the Family: Marriage, Children, and Human Capital, pages 397-431 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jacob Mincer & Solomon Polachek, 1974. "Family Investments in Human Capital: Earnings of Women," NBER Chapters,in: Marriage, Family, Human Capital, and Fertility, pages 76-110 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Booth, Alison L., 2009.
"Gender and competition,"
Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 599-606, December.
- Booth, Alison L, 2009. "Gender and Competition," CEPR Discussion Papers 7437, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Booth, Alison L., 2009. "Gender and Competition," IZA Discussion Papers 4300, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Alison L. Booth, 2009. "Gender and Competition," CEPR Discussion Papers 611, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Becker, Gary S., 1971. "The Economics of Discrimination," University of Chicago Press Economics Books, University of Chicago Press, edition 2, number 9780226041162, March.
- Johnson, George E & Stafford, Frank P, 1974. "The Earnings and Promotion of Women Faculty," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(6), pages 888-903, December.
- Michał Grajek, 2003. "Gender Pay Gap in Poland," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 36(1), pages 23-44, March.
- Fortin, Nicole & Lemieux, Thomas & Firpo, Sergio, 2011. "Decomposition Methods in Economics," Handbook of Labor Economics, Elsevier.
- Oaxaca, Ronald, 1973. "Male-Female Wage Differentials in Urban Labor Markets," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 14(3), pages 693-709, October.
- Takahashi, Ana Maria & Takahashi, Shingo, 2011.
"Gender salary differences in economics departments in Japan,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 1306-1319.
- Ana Maria Takahashi & Shingo Takahashi, 2009. "Gender Salary Differences in Economics Departments in Japan," Working Papers EMS_2009_03, Research Institute, International University of Japan.
- Brown, Sarah & Roberts, Jennifer & Taylor, Karl, 2011.
"The gender reservation wage gap: Evidence from British Panel data,"
Elsevier, vol. 113(1), pages 88-91, October.
- Sarah Brown & Jennifer Roberts & Karl Taylor, 2010. "The gender reservation wage gap: evidence from British panel data," Working Papers 2010010, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics, revised May 2010.
- Brown, Sarah & Roberts, Jennifer & Taylor, Karl, 2011. "The Gender Reservation Wage Gap: Evidence form British Panel Data," IZA Discussion Papers 5457, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ransom, Michael R, 1993. "Seniority and Monopsony in the Academic Labor Market," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(1), pages 221-233, March.
- Blackaby, D.H. & Latreille, P.L. & Murphy, P.D. & O'Leary, N.C. & Sloane, P.J., 2007.
"An analysis of reservation wages for the economically inactive,"
Elsevier, vol. 97(1), pages 1-5, October.
- Blackaby, David H. & Latreille, Paul L. & Murphy, Philip D. & O'Leary, Nigel C. & Sloane, Peter J., 2006. "An Analysis of Reservation Wages for the Economically Inactive," IZA Discussion Papers 1980, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ehrenberg, Ronald G. & McGraw, Marquise & Mrdjenovic, Jesenka, 2006. "Why do field differentials in average faculty salaries vary across universities?," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 241-248, June.
- Alan S. Blinder, 1973. "Wage Discrimination: Reduced Form and Structural Estimates," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 8(4), pages 436-455.
- Robst, John & VanGilder, Jennifer & Polachek, Solomon, 2003. "Perceptions of female faculty treatment in higher education: which institutions treat women more fairly?," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 59-67, February.
- Toumanoff, Peter, 2005. "The effects of gender on salary-at-hire in the academic labor market," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 179-188, April.
- Vera A. Adamchik & Arjun S. Bedi, 2003. "Gender pay differentials during the transition in Poland," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 11(4), pages 697-726, December.
- Guo, Congbin & Tsang, Mun C. & Ding, Xiaohao, 2010. "Gender disparities in science and engineering in Chinese universities," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 225-235, April.
- Monks, James & Robinson, Michael, 2000. "Gender and Racial Earnings Differentials in Academic Labor Markets," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 38(4), pages 662-671, October.
- Anna Ruzik & Magdalena Rokicka, 2010. "The Gender Pay Gap in Informal Employment in Poland," CASE Network Studies and Analyses 406, CASE-Center for Social and Economic Research.
- James Albrecht & Anders Bjorklund & Susan Vroman, 2003. "Is There a Glass Ceiling in Sweden?," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 21(1), pages 145-177, January.
- Lin, Eric S., 2010. "Gender wage gaps by college major in Taiwan: Empirical evidence from the 1997-2003 Manpower Utilization Survey," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 156-164, February.
- William J. Moore & Robert J. Newman & Dek Terrell, 2007. "Academic Pay in the United Kingdom and the United States: The Differential Returns to Productivity and the Lifetime Earnings Gap," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 73(3), pages 717-732, January.
- Angel López-Nicolás & Jaume García & Pedro J. Hernández, 2001.
"How wide is the gap? An investigation of gender wage differences using quantile regression,"
Springer, vol. 26(1), pages 149-167.
- Jaume Garcia & Pedro J. Hernández & Ángel López Nicolás, 1998. "How wide is the gap? An investigation of gender wage differences using quantile regression," Economics Working Papers 287, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Newell, Andrew T. & Socha, Mieczyslaw, 2005. "The Distribution of Wages in Poland, 1992-2002," IZA Discussion Papers 1485, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Cathrine Seierstad & Geraldine Healy, 2012. "Womenâ€™s equality in the Scandinavian academy: a distant dream?," Work, Employment & Society, British Sociological Association, vol. 26(2), pages 296-313, April.
- Gunseli Berik & Yana van der Meulen Rodgers & Stephanie Seguino, 2009. "Feminist Economics of Inequality, Development, and Growth," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(3), pages 1-33.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Agasisti, Tommaso & Wolszczak-Derlacz, Joana, 2014. "Exploring universitiesâ€™ efficiency differentials between countries in a multi-year perspective: an application of bootstrap DEA and Malmquist index to Italy and Poland, 2001-2011," Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Working Paper Series qt14m8g45v, Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley.
More about this item
Keywordsgender wage gap; reservation wage; higher education;
- J16 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Gender; Non-labor Discrimination
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- J71 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Discrimination - - - Hiring and Firing
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-02-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAB-2014-02-02 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2014-02-02 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gdk:wpaper:19. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wojciech Drapinski). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/wzepgpl.html .